Wikiposts

February 2008 Applicants

Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all
Default Re: February 2008 Applicants

Hey Jojo & Andy,
We went on the same day for both meds and x ray but its not necessary. The only reason we did it was to get everything done quicker! Our doctor had to wait for the xray results to be sent back to him before he could send our medicals in.
We did not have to pay extra for postage costs, it was all included in the price of the medicals.
Hope this helps.
Remember tho that we are in Ireland so things may work differently over near you.
Lorraine.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Jojo and Andy will become famous soon enoughJojo and Andy will become famous soon enough

Cheers Lorraine for that. I'll get back on the phone and start making appointments.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Hey MRT,
Form 80 is a very long and boring form. In the checklist for the paper application it asks you to include this yet it didn't mention it for the online application.
However I have seen a thread that says that some online applications were asked for it by their case officer and not including it has delayed their application.
I wonder does anyone know any more about this?
I think I will include mine anyway as don't want application to be any more delayed.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Kali, I definitely will include form 80. Do you know if its ok to attach it on to application now or is it too late?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jojo and Andy
Good Morning everyone,
How are we all getting on? I've been phoning around for medical and xray prices. When they give you a price does it usually include the postage/courier charges? And did everyone have to have their xrays done on the same day as the medical?

Too many questions for this time of day.

Jojo xx
Hi Jojo

We were quoted extra - I think £20 - £25 for the courier and we have booked our xrays a week prior to our meds. I assume they give you your xrays or send them direct to the chap who is doing the meds. OUr xray centre has taken the name and date/time of our meds so.....we shall see

Basty
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bailey1
Thanks Kali, I definitely will include form 80. Do you know if its ok to attach it on to application now or is it too late?
Hi Lorraine

We enquired about form 80 with our agent and he advised us that since Sept 07 you do not need to submit Form 80 however some people have been requested this info!! Don't know if it make any difference going through an agent or not, Immi might think that all agents know so they won't request and people who don't have agents - well we'll hold up their app by requesting cos they won't know or question it!!?? Who knows how Immi works cos they seem to chop and change their minds all the time
Basty
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:01 pm
mrt
Forum Regular

mrt will become famous soon enough

Hey MRT,
Form 80 is a very long and boring form. In the checklist for the paper application it asks you to include this yet it didn't mention it for the online application.
However I have seen a thread that says that some online applications were asked for it by their case officer and not including it has delayed their application.
I wonder does anyone know any more about this?
I think I will include mine anyway as don't want application to be any more delayed.
I remember when filling in my form online, I had to give details about family members. I think that should be enough.
Cheers
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

kali is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know, I would guess it is possible. My agent said to complete and submit all documents to get it processed faster. In order to do this we had to answer a whole lot of questions, based on these questions she filled in a humongous number of documents. These documents she mailed us and we had to sign and send back.

Form 80 just got stuck in my head because I travel a lot for work and the number of fields was to small. Don't ask me about any other documents I have signed

fyi, I also asked her if any future travel would be a problem, she said it wouldn't

I just do what my agent tells me to do. So far each time when I check something she asks that seems weird, she is right. She got the ACS thing done faster than expected and without any problem.

Last edited by kali; Mar 26th 2008 at 10:10 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kali
I don't know, I would guess it is possible. My agent said to complete and submit all documents to get it processed faster. In order to do this we had to answer a whole lot of questions, based on these questions she filled in a humongous number of documents. These documents she mailed us and we had to sign and send back.

Form 80 just got stuck in my head because I travel a lot for work and the number of fields was to small. Don't ask me about any other documents I have signed

fyi, I also asked her if any future travel would be a problem, she said it wouldn't

I just do what my agent tells me to do. So far each time when I check something she asks that seems weird, she is right. She got the ACS thing done faster than expected and without any problem.
I would feel better including it and as I have already done the hard work & filled it out all I have to do is scan and attach.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Is it just me or Is anyone else on a rollercoaster of emotions? One second I think 'Yes this is the best thing I have ever done' and two minutes later I am like 'What have I done? I can't back out now!' My tummy feels like a washing machine from the moment I wake up.....!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All,

With regards to the form 80 Im afraid everyone must submit it!! Tis a B**tch of a form though. One tip though, for your old passport numbers a quick call to the passport office and its done!!! As far as trips and vacations over the last ten years we just put in approx dates. It will have to do!!!

How are we all today. Anyone have a change in their med status? Im going to leave it for the next two weeks and if i don't see a change Im going to email the LCU.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

kali is an unknown quantity at this point

I would feel better including it and as I have already done the hard work & filled it out all I have to do is scan and attach.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Is it just me or Is anyone else on a rollercoaster of emotions? One second I think 'Yes this is the best thing I have ever done' and two minutes later I am like 'What have I done? I can't back out now!' My tummy feels like a washing machine from the moment I wake up.....!
My first reaction was, what have I gotten myself into.
For no reason I start to hate my job and can't wait to be able to get out of here. Which makes the wait seem much longer
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

was on quite a high, don't know why, but I'm not now - EA called this afternoon, a bit concerned cos they hadn't any viewings since taking it on their books and that we may have to consider dropping the price. He said he had had a sleepless night thinking about our place - well I certainly didn't Anyway house has only been on the market 2 1/2 weeks!!!!!

yes we had discussed the fact that we would probably have to drop the price but not soooooo soon

Basty
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi,

was on quite a high, don't know why, but I'm not now - EA called this afternoon, a bit concerned cos they hadn't any viewings since taking it on their books and that we may have to consider dropping the price. He said he had had a sleepless night thinking about our place - well I certainly didn't Anyway house has only been on the market 2 1/2 weeks!!!!!

yes we had discussed the fact that we would probably have to drop the price but not soooooo soon

Basty
God Basty that was quick!!!! 2 and a half weeks and he is already talking bout dropping the price. And when you think about it that was including the easter break when allot of people go away!! My advice would be to hold tight for another month and reassess the situation then.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mairead
God Basty that was quick!!!! 2 and a half weeks and he is already talking bout dropping the price. And when you think about it that was including the easter break when allot of people go away!! My advice would be to hold tight for another month and reassess the situation then.
Yes thats what we are going to do, we go away the middle of April for 4 days so we will wait til we get back.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:36 am
Chief Innovation Officer

stormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nicestormywhether is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mairead
One tip though, for your old passport numbers a quick call to the passport office and its done!!!
Hey Mairead!

You were lucky there - we called the Passport Office about eight times before speaking to someone with even a basic grasp of the English language. Eventually it transpired that we had to write to a specific Passport Office department (disclosures section) with a cheque for £10 each to source the data we needed.

It really is luck of the draw with a lot of this process. A great deal seems to depend on who you speak to. I know a lot of people have had to fork out a few quid as we did to get their old passport numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.