Feb 2009 Applications

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

A.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really nice
Default Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Originally Posted by sarahhartopp
its the queensland nursing council, i am a nurse and in order for me to register with the state i need to register myself with them it takes a couple of months.
Thanks sarahhartopp for clarification.

I have a question regarding my 175 visa grant letter. In two sections of the letter, namely "Medical costs in Australia" and "Social security payments", it's mentioned that:

"People holding temporary or provisional residence visas are not generally entitled to access Australia's national medical insurance scheme - Medicare."

"Generally, temporary or provisional residents in Australia cannot receive social security payments."

To my knowledge, visa subclass 175 is neither temporary nor provisional visa, rather it's a permanent one.

So my question is: Are these two comments general ones (as a part of the visa grant template for example)? Or are they applicable to the 175 visa holders in particular?

Thanks!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 2:50 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A.I.Hassan

I have a question regarding my 175 visa grant letter. In two sections of the letter, namely "Medical costs in Australia" and "Social security payments", it's mentioned that:

"People holding temporary or provisional residence visas are not generally entitled to access Australia's national medical insurance scheme - Medicare."

"Generally, temporary or provisional residents in Australia cannot receive social security payments."

To my knowledge, visa subclass 175 is neither temporary nor provisional visa, rather it's a permanent one.

So my question is: Are these two comments general ones (as a part of the visa grant template for example)? Or are they applicable to the 175 visa holders in particular?

Thanks!
I think you answered your own question there

A generic template is used for the visa grant letter.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

naufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to all
Post Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Originally Posted by A.I.Hassan

Thanks!
i would like to know about the same, i was a bit confused about it also. looking at the comments from paulry it seems 175ers are entitled to medicare and social security payments, but any comments are welcome

regards,

naufil
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

naufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to all
Post Re: Feb 2009 Applications

Originally Posted by naufil
i would like to know about the same, i was a bit confused about it also. looking at the comments from paulry it seems 175ers are entitled to medicare and social security payments, but any comments are welcome

regards,

naufil

i just browsed the medicare website for migrants here is some info on the link mentioned below:

http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/...-residents.jsp

regards,

naufil
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

zaim_raza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: call was missed from Islamabad high commission.

Originally Posted by samanada
don't worry, if they still need to call you they will do. may be they wanted to check something with you and they have already got it.

You can call your employers to check whether they have recieved any calls.
Hi,

still i haven't receive any call from high commission.Besides, i sent out the medical and PCC a month ago.and on this sunday (7th november) i will submit the ielts result of my wife(secondary applicant).

My previous employeer is not receive any call as i asked from them, as well as new employeer to whom i joined on 12th october 2009.

any one have idea in this regard that what is going on? and what will be happen next?

thanks in advance.

regads,
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

joshattack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fellow Feb 2009 applicants.

Any one of you still waiting for CO or visa?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

ClaireandPilch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Joshattack,
Yep, still waiting and don't expect anything until 2012 as non-CSL and non-MODL.

So, I am in for the long haul unless they move the goalposts again OR there is the miracle of an Oz company sponsoring someone OR I win the lottery!!!!

How about you?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ClaireandPilch
Hi Joshattack,
Yep, still waiting and don't expect anything until 2012 as non-CSL and non-MODL.

So, I am in for the long haul unless they move the goalposts again OR there is the miracle of an Oz company sponsoring someone OR I win the lottery!!!!

How about you?
I am on CSL 175 category and have been allocated a CO but havent heard from him since. Its almost 1 month since i sumitted the documents he requested.

Who knows the upcoming changes in december might favour you.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

ClaireandPilch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joshattack
I am on CSL 175 category and have been allocated a CO but havent heard from him since. Its almost 1 month since i sumitted the documents he requested.

Who knows the upcoming changes in december might favour you.
Sounds like you are almost at the finshing line. Might be worth putting some Champagne in the Fridge!!

Fingers crossed for you and fingers crossed for me that the upcoming changes help
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

nevster is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got my CO today after a bit of a mix up with the ASCO code on my application. Got my medical booked for next Friday the 13th
Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi

I want to share my good news with you. My 175 visa was granted today (12th November). I would like to thank everyone who has advised me on this site and wish everyone waiting for their visa a speedy grant.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi

I want to share my good news with you. My 175 visa was granted today (12th November). I would like to thank everyone who has advised me on this site and wish everyone waiting for their visa a speedy grant.
congrats buddy
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Hi

congrats buddy, where you planning to move, what is ur intial entry expiry date ?

regards,

naufil
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Default December 2009 changes

Does anyone have idea regarding the changes which are going to impose on December 2009? And does these changes are imposed on every one which had applied earlier?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Luke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant futureLuke Brown has a brilliant future

Hi

Congratulations!

Can I just ask what date were your medicals finalised? How long was the wait after that until today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.