Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Indian01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Hello all,

I want to apply for General Skilled Migration program for Australian - Skilled – Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175).

My qualification is B.Tech (Electrical Engineering - from IIT Roorkee 1995 pass out - 4 year degree). I have experience of 15 years\as of today. First 4 years I worked in same stream as of my education, later I switched to IT line and as of now I m Sr. Architect posses 11 years of s/w development exp in Java.

I am applying for Skilled occupation (SOL), 261313 (Software Engineer).

Query :
My query is that I have relevant IT work experience (11 years) but my educational qualification is B.Tech (Electrical Engineering 4 years degree from a reputed university in INDIA).Does this education falls under IT education or IT sub-discipline and will be covered under ACS Assessment or I should apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Thank you very much for reading my query and providing your valuable suggestions.

I have read in some other forum that Electrical Engg is considered as ICT degree and hence RPL is not needed, is it true? Please advise me if I need to take RPL route for applying Australian PR under GSM?

Thanks.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 4th 2012 at 7:06 am. Reason: Please don't post links to other forums
Old Mar 13th 2012, 6:45 am
Just Joined

asimclever is an unknown quantity at this point

Greetings,

I am applying for General Skilled Migration Subclass-175. I am passing the point test as per the following considerations:

Age 29 Years = 30 Points
IELTS Band-7 = 10 Points
BSc Degree Electronics Engr. = 15 Points
5 Years Overseas Employment = 10 Points

I need to provide 5 yeats work experience (Electronics Engineer). My question is do i need to apply for "Relevant Skilled Employment" which is additional assessment service in EA. I've already got my positive assessment from EA based on CDR since I'm applying from UAE. But i just applied for the standard assessment cost 550$.

I was not thinking that I will need to have my experience assessed to get experience points. I though that i will just provide my experience certificate while lodging the online application. But now I have a feeling that the experience should be assessed by EA so that It will be considered by DIAC & consequantly award me the 10 Points.

Please advise.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

asifadam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asimclever
Greetings,

I am applying for General Skilled Migration Subclass-175. I am passing the point test as per the following considerations:

Age 29 Years = 30 Points
IELTS Band-7 = 10 Points

I need to provide 5 yeats work experience (Electronics Engineer). My question is do i need to apply for "Relevant Skilled Employment" which is additional assessment service in EA. I've already got my positive assessment from EA based on CDR since I'm applying from UAE. But i just applied for the standard assessment cost 550$.

I was not thinking that I will need to have my experience assessed to get experience points. I though that i will just provide my experience certificate while lodging the online application. But now I have a feeling that the experience should be assessed by EA so that It will be considered by DIAC & consequantly award me the 10 Points.

Please advise.
how did u got this feeling that you have to assess ur experience...
Old Mar 14th 2012, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Maham is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asimclever
Greetings,

Age 29 Years = 30 Points
IELTS Band-7 = 10 Points

Please advise.
Hi,

I am also going to apply for EA assessment. In order to claim points against your overseas employment experience, you must get it assessed first. This is as per my understanding from the MSA booklet. Also, I have been advised the same by a couple of experienced members on different forums.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

tooz2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

The assessment of skilled employment is optional. EngAust is assigned to give an opinion of your work experience. DIAC has the final say on granting points for your overseas work experience.

You can apply to DIAC without getting your work experience assessed.

Having said all that, it is advisable to get your experience assessed. It doesn't take any extra time, just costs a little bit more. Good luck!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 4:11 am
Just Joined

amitkrishnan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

Need advice from your side.

Well i applied for CDR on 5th March and courier was delivered on 9th March to IEA. The problem i have is that i missed to tick skill employment, can any one advice is there any possibalities that i can send an email to IEA to process it and authorising them to charge the additional cost from my credit card.

Is that make sense, or else, I have to wait till my general assesment possitive result and process it seperately, if that is the case, what will be duration for processing only overseas skill employment.

Please advice, all your valuable comments are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amitkrishnan1
Dear All,

Need advice from your side.

Well i applied for CDR on 5th March and courier was delivered on 9th March to IEA. The problem i have is that i missed to tick skill employment, can any one advice is there any possibalities that i can send an email to IEA to process it and authorising them to charge the additional cost from my credit card.

Is that make sense, or else, I have to wait till my general assesment possitive result and process it seperately, if that is the case, what will be duration for processing only overseas skill employment.

Please advice, all your valuable comments are highly appreciated.

Regards,
You should give them a call to find out. Alternatively, there is a form that you can use to request assessment of skilled employment. That form is for people who have already got their skills assessed and costs $200 instead of $150, IIRC.

Your CDR application will probably take a month more to be picked up so plenty of time to make changes.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tooz2012
You should give them a call to find out. Alternatively, there is a form that you can use to request assessment of skilled employment. That form is for people who have already got their skills assessed and costs $200 instead of $150, IIRC.

Your CDR application will probably take a month more to be picked up so plenty of time to make changes.
Thank you very much for your response.

So what am I supposed to do know, call them..... and submit the new form..what will be the reference of my application form..well should i wait till I get my CID no.

or make a call after a month. Please advice....
Old Mar 15th 2012, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by amitkrishnan1
Thank you very much for your response.

So what am I supposed to do know, call them..... and submit the new form..what will be the reference of my application form..well should i wait till I get my CID no.

or make a call after a month. Please advice....
They can't trace your application until you get the CID number. Wait 2 weeks after your application has arrived at their office and give them a call to find out your CID number, if you haven't already received it by post.

Once you have that you can take it from there.

You can always call them even before that to explain the situation and see what they say, they are really nice people to deal with.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

vsainani is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All

Need an advise pls...

I hired an agent (Non MARA) for my PR application to Oz around Oct 2010 ( i was working in Africa and the agent was in India) and was advised by him the need of the EA assessment and the need to write the 3 episodes.

After completing the CDR, I was advised by my agent that he has sent the application in Feb 2011 (a scanned copy of CID number with the receipt was sent to me). The wait was of 12-14 weeks and I asked an update to the agent around mid May -early Jun 2011.

The agent informed me a delay on the same and advised that he will be in touch with EA to follow up the same. However without any response and false promises despite personal visits/phone calls/emails to the agent, I decided to disengage the agent and informed him of my decision as late as Dec 2011.

However, the agent (still acting in good faith and my interest) came up with a story in Jan'12 from EA that the money was not debited from his account last time and hence the assessment never started.

Following this, he again remitted money ($ 500) and confirmed that EA has received the same and showed me another receipt from them dtd 20 Feb 12.

I wrote email to EA and it was confirmed by them that they have received the money on 20 Feb 12 and I should contact my agent for further details on the status.

I also asked them to tell me the procedure of disengaging the third party for receiving status on my assessment, but till date am unable to receive any further information from them.

1. Please advise how to take charge of my application and be in direct communication w EA. Do i need to send them an authorization letter or form through which I had last year authorized them to communicate with the agent ???

In this whole process, my one year on the assessment has been wasted and neither EA nor the agent is taking any responsibility....how can a receipt be generated and sent while after 8 months -no money was debited ...kind of explanation be given...

2. I would like to complain against my agent and get him blacklisted at EA's end....any grieviance cell ??

Please advise....
Old Mar 17th 2012, 5:53 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vsainani
Dear All

Need an advise pls...

I hired an agent (Non MARA) for my PR application to Oz around Oct 2010 ( i was working in Africa and the agent was in India) and was advised by him the need of the EA assessment and the need to write the 3 episodes.

After completing the CDR, I was advised by my agent that he has sent the application in Feb 2011 (a scanned copy of CID number with the receipt was sent to me). The wait was of 12-14 weeks and I asked an update to the agent around mid May -early Jun 2011.

The agent informed me a delay on the same and advised that he will be in touch with EA to follow up the same. However without any response and false promises despite personal visits/phone calls/emails to the agent, I decided to disengage the agent and informed him of my decision as late as Dec 2011.

However, the agent (still acting in good faith and my interest) came up with a story in Jan'12 from EA that the money was not debited from his account last time and hence the assessment never started.

Following this, he again remitted money ($ 500) and confirmed that EA has received the same and showed me another receipt from them dtd 20 Feb 12.

I wrote email to EA and it was confirmed by them that they have received the money on 20 Feb 12 and I should contact my agent for further details on the status.

I also asked them to tell me the procedure of disengaging the third party for receiving status on my assessment, but till date am unable to receive any further information from them.

1. Please advise how to take charge of my application and be in direct communication w EA. Do i need to send them an authorization letter or form through which I had last year authorized them to communicate with the agent ???

In this whole process, my one year on the assessment has been wasted and neither EA nor the agent is taking any responsibility....how can a receipt be generated and sent while after 8 months -no money was debited ...kind of explanation be given...

2. I would like to complain against my agent and get him blacklisted at EA's end....any grieviance cell ??

Please advise....
I have no idea how you'd remove your agent. I've only had a quick look at EA's site, so hopefully someone with more knowledge will have the answer. As for your agent, there's bugger all you can do since he wasn't MARA registered. This is why it's important to only use MARA registered agents. Just remove his services for the rest of your process (if you so wish), and either find a reputable MARA registered agent to carry it on with, or go it alone.

It might be worth finding a MARA agent to have a consultation with to see if they know how to resolve your situation.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 6:46 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vsainani
Dear All

Need an advise pls...

Please advise....
Just as a follow up, I e-mailed Engineers Australia about how to remove an agent, and they said that an applicant with an agent would need to e-mail them & let them know that you are removing them. Also that it's best to inform your agent first, so they don't have to!

Send them an e-mail at [email protected] & let them know if you want to remove your agent.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tooz2012
They can't trace your application until you get the CID number. Wait 2 weeks after your application has arrived at their office and give them a call to find out your CID number, if you haven't already received it by post.

Once you have that you can take it from there.

You can always call them even before that to explain the situation and see what they say, they are really nice people to deal with.
Thank you very much and appreciate your prompt response on this matter
regards,
Old Mar 25th 2012, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Bizkut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I'm just about done writing up my career episodes. I will be asking for assessment as Engineering Manager. There are 8 elements of competency and each one has "sub-elements".

My doubt is:

for positive assessment is it enough to cover the 8 elements are is it also necessary to cover every single "sub-element"?
Old Mar 30th 2012, 7:25 am
Just Joined

vsainani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Just as a follow up, I e-mailed Engineers Australia about how to remove an agent, and they said that an applicant with an agent would need to e-mail them & let them know that you are removing them. Also that it's best to inform your agent first, so they don't have to!

Send them an e-mail at [email protected] & let them know if you want to remove your agent.
@mrsgreenstar76-

Thank you for the response. I have now gotten rid of the agent as EA advised me of the database update as I sent them an email. I appreciate your help.

Cheers -

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.