Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Old Jun 26th 2011, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

ramykimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

I passed the IELTS now I preparing my CDR for Engineers Australia as a Petroleum Engineer..Any one can help me ? if you have any CDR samples please tell me ...Even if those sample are not for petroleum engineers I will use them as a guide only.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

vober is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by ramykimo
I passed the IELTS now I preparing my CDR for Engineers Australia as a Petroleum Engineer..Any one can help me ? if you have any CDR samples please tell me ...Even if those sample are not for petroleum engineers I will use them as a guide only.
PM me your email id.I will give you a copy of my CDR. I got assessed as an "Electronics Engineer". But remember the CDR has to be your own work. Just try to check the format from mine and yes read all the instructions mentioned in the handbook throughly.

I just hope the moderators don't get offended with me sharing my CDR as a sample. :-)

Cheers
Vaibhav
Old Jun 26th 2011, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vober
PM me your email id.I will give you a copy of my CDR. I got assessed as an "Electronics Engineer". But remember the CDR has to be your own work. Just try to check the format from mine and yes read all the instructions mentioned in the handbook throughly.

I just hope the moderators don't get offended with me sharing my CDR as a sample. :-)

Cheers
Vaibhav
I sent u my email in a pm ...Have u ever heard about rejection from EA? is it an easy walk?..I appreciate your help and looking forward for other members to share thier experience.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

vober is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent u my email in a pm ...Have u ever heard about rejection from EA? is it an easy walk?..I appreciate your help and looking forward for other members to share thier experience.
Its easy provided you follow all the instructions. DO NOT leave any thing mentioned in the handbook. they follow the hand book line by line.

Its easy and they will advise as to how the correct the submission. Atleast they helped me by letting me know where I had gone wrong with my submission and allowed me time to correct my mistakes.

Follow the pattern I have sent you.

Cheers!!

Vaibhav
Old Jul 5th 2011, 12:54 pm
rocky!!

shanjani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Engineers Australia Assessment

Dear all

could any body know for how many months engineers australia assessment is valid?
and according to new point system do i have to take 6 ielts in all band in order to apply for engineers australia as it was before?

plz advice

thnks
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Siealman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Engineers Australia Assessment

For first part of your question, according to EA, the assessment outcome will remain valid indefinitely however their understanding with DIAC is that the assessment notification be no more than 5 years old at the date of migration application. An updated letter of assessment after this time can be obtained by sending back the original letter to EA.
For the second part, Yes you need at least 6 in all bands.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:35 am
rocky!!

shanjani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Engineers Australia Assessment

thanx sielman
Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:01 am
Just Joined

jibranshah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am Electronic Engineer and currently preparing my CDR but the problem is that I have work experience of electrical projects and electronic equipments. Can I use use these projects like Design of Electrical system, PLC system and CCTV system as the basis of my Career Episodes? Please help.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jibranshah
Hi, I am Electronic Engineer and currently preparing my CDR but the problem is that I have work experience of electrical projects and electronic equipments. Can I use use these projects like Design of Electrical system, PLC system and CCTV system as the basis of my Career Episodes? Please help.
Yes, why not. If you have done projects like designing electrical, PLC CCTV systems it would serve as career episodes.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siealman
Yes, why not. If you have done projects like designing electrical, PLC CCTV systems it would serve as career episodes.
Thanks!
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks!
Guys,

Let's share or CDR ..This very important and helpful.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 10:45 am
Just Joined

While going through the EA Website, I noticed that they have been authorized by DIAC for providing an opinion on skilled employment claims which will form the basis of the points awarded for Australian/overseas work experience. They say "High-level evidence will be required to support any claim of work experience". The details will be available soon in July 2011 edition of MSA booklet. Lets wait for it before proceeding for skills assessment. see link below:

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au...a/msa_home.cfm
Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Guys,

Let's share or CDR ..This very important and helpful.
Sharing a CDR wont help you a lot...what u can do is prepare ur CDR and dscuss it thoroughly wid someone...u should first of all select 3 projects and start by writing a draft of ur career episodes.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 11:10 am
Just Joined

While going through the EA Website, I noticed that they have been authorized by DIAC for providing an opinion on skilled employment claims which will form the basis of the points awarded for Australian/overseas work experience. They say "High-level evidence will be required to support any claim of work experience". The details will be available soon in July 2011 edition of MSA booklet. Lets wait for it before proceeding for skills assessment. see link below:

http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au...a/msa_home.cfm
Thanks for Highlighting this...Do you have any more details? what about the new MSA bocklet..it's seems that it's getting harder to be +ve assessed.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:39 am
Just Joined

I contacted EA via email and they mentioned that the new MSA booklet will be available "early this week".

Regarding your point of assessment becoming harder, I think that current CDR based system is hard enough and I wonder what else they can demand from us.

Lets wait for new booklet to know the details.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.