Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:31 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

As stated earlier, while it is useful to look at examples to give you an idea of what's expected, a CDR must be wholly your own work. EA are highly experienced in spotting plagiarism, so it's really not worth it. As a qualified engineer you should have no problem establishing three career episodes for your portfolio, based upon your own degree and any relevant work experience.

Regards,

Richard
MARN 9905168

Last edited by Richard_Gregan; Nov 18th 2016 at 10:48 am. Reason: typo
Old Dec 11th 2016, 7:11 am
Just Joined

StarAlly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all. I am thinking of immigrating to Australia and I am an engineer. I am now preparing the requirements and I need to write my CDR. Anyone can help me?
Old Dec 11th 2016, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
And to add to that, make sure you are familiar with Engineers Australia's Code of Ethics
Of course, I am not going to do anything unethical. I just want something to start with.
Old Dec 11th 2016, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
As stated earlier, while it is useful to look at examples to give you an idea of what's expected, a CDR must be wholly your own work. EA are highly experienced in spotting plagiarism, so it's really not worth it. As a qualified engineer you should have no problem establishing three career episodes for your portfolio, based upon your own degree and any relevant work experience.

Regards,

Richard
MARN 9905168
Exactly. My intention is not to plagiarize anyone's work. I just want to have an idea about what is written and how. Of course, a chemical engineer cannot have the same CDR as, for example, an electronics engineer! but the same rules apply.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 12:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StarAlly
Exactly. My intention is not to plagiarize anyone's work. I just want to have an idea about what is written and how. Of course, a chemical engineer cannot have the same CDR as, for example, an electronics engineer! but the same rules apply.
Everything you need to know is in the Migration Skills Assessment Booklet, produced by Engineers Australia. Pages 18 onwards give clear instructions as to what you need to include in your CDR and how to write it. https://www.engineersaustralia.org.a...sa_booklet.pdf
Old Dec 31st 2016, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

RichThroop is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Would it be possible for someone to email me a sample of a completed and approved CDR so that I can understand the style/ format required.
I personally find the guidance given in the msa booklet to be very hoighty toighty and overly officious in its use of big words and very little content...
Many Thanks
Old Dec 31st 2016, 1:45 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichThroop
Would it be possible for someone to email me a sample of a completed and approved CDR so that I can understand the style/ format required.
I personally find the guidance given in the msa booklet to be very hoighty toighty and overly officious in its use of big words and very little content...
Many Thanks
Whether or not you find the guidance officious, it is, nevertheless, the guidance you follow if you want to write a successful CDR. There's not much content there because the content is the bit you write. If you don't understand the words used, you can ask here for clarification of those words (or you could use a dictionary).

Please don't ask other members to send you copies of their documents.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

I've no idea who you are Spouse of Scouse???
My statement was about how pretentious I perceived it and nothing else.
Your opinion is not requested and does not help in any way.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 6:24 pm
Concierge

I've no idea who you are Spouse of Scouse???
My statement was about how pretentious I perceived it and nothing else.
Your opinion is not requested and does not help in any way.
Getting shirty won't help! This a public forum and anyone can give you an opinion.

Your CDR is supposed to be your own work, so there's no need to ask for someone else's. Follow the guidelines set by your assessing body, they're very clear. Whether or not you agree with that is up to you - there is, however, no need to be rude.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Getting shirty won't help! This a public forum and anyone can give you an opinion.

Your CDR is supposed to be your own work, so there's no need to ask for someone else's. Follow the guidelines set by your assessing body, they're very clear. Whether or not you agree with that is up to you - there is, however, no need to be rude.
Spouse of scouse - Get over yourself princess
Old Dec 31st 2016, 8:04 pm
Concierge

Spouse of scouse - Get over yourself princess
Happy New Year
Old Dec 31st 2016, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Happy New Year
Happy New Year to you too 🍺
Old Jan 6th 2017, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Tula123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Wanted to ask this question to all, i have done engineering in biotechnology and then went on to work as environment and chemical engineer for little more than 1 year

Based on my qualifications and work experience, what are my chances of being assessed as engineering technologist?

Thanks & Regards
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:01 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tula,

Engineers Australia will need to assess your qualification to see if it is equivalent to a Bachelor of Technology or a professional Engineering degree. Typically, three year bachelor of engineering degrees (from Accord countries) tend to be assessed at Engineering Technologist level. Also to be considered is which country you obtained your degree?

EA will also be able to provide an opinion on your employment.

Regards,

Richard
Old Jan 6th 2017, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Tula123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello richard,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually the degree is Bachelor of technology in Biotechnology (4 years) from india which is considered equivalent to engineering as per indian standards but biotechnology is not considered to be core engineering and its not in the sol list.

This is the reason why i am looking for assessing myself as engineering technologist as i have a engineering degree + my 1 year of experience as environment/chemical engineer

Thanks & Regards