British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/engineers-australia-assessment-merged-threads-723685/)

r11 Oct 12th 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Originally Posted by oilman (Post 9670785)
Guys is it just me or every one....previously it was written on this page date that turnaround time for assessment is 16 weeks and now they have changed it to 12 weeks...

They have stated

Generally, for:

Non-accredited qualifications – turnaround is currently about 12 weeks from the date of receipt. Note this time can be highly variable depending on numbers of incoming applications
Accredited Australian and Accord qualifications – currently about 3-4 weeks.

Reference : http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au...a/msa_home.cfm

Their assessment times change frequently. It was 12 weeks when I started to prepare my CDR, then it changed to 16 weeks when I submitted my paperwork and it took exactly 16 weeks for me. It looks like they've changed it back to 12, just keep checking.

You can also send an email to [email protected] with the word "Status" as the subject. You will receive an automatic response with the CDR dates they are currently processing.

galway86 Oct 13th 2011 5:10 am

Hi Thanks , Has anybody submitted for an Enginnering Managers application, if so could could PM A DRAFT i could use as a template.:thumbup:

ahmedEE Nov 7th 2011 7:33 am

Assessment complete, see signature for timelines. ANZSCO 233411

roraimap Nov 7th 2011 11:09 am

Originally Posted by ahmedEE (Post 9718399)
Assessment complete, see signature for timelines. ANZSCO 233411

wow, only two months? Did you apply through CDRs?

nomadinusa Nov 8th 2011 4:21 am

Originally Posted by roraimap (Post 9718626)

Hi guys;
Has anyone over here opted for the "Relevant Skilled employment" option and paid AU$150 extra to assess their work experience.Is it worth it ? I mean does this assessment mean anything to DIAC or will DIAC do its own investigation/processing ? Does it save time during the actual processing with DIAC ?

ahmedEE Nov 8th 2011 9:48 am

Originally Posted by roraimap (Post 9718626)

Yes, I submitted CDR and definitely the quick processing was a pleasant surprise for me.

Originally Posted by nomadinusa (Post 9720102)
Hi guys;
Has anyone over here opted for the "Relevant Skilled employment" option and paid AU$150 extra to assess their work experience.Is it worth it ? I mean does this assessment mean anything to DIAC or will DIAC do its own investigation/processing ? Does it save time during the actual processing with DIAC ?

I opted for it and got the assessment in the form of start and end experience dates. I think DIAC has specifically instructed to obtain relevant skilled employment opinion from EA and a coordinated loop which has been created between EA and DIAC to handle this new assessment shows that it has significant meaning to our application. The AUD150 fee also emphasize their seriousness about it.

nomadinusa Nov 9th 2011 2:15 am

Originally Posted by ahmedEE (Post 9720439)
Yes, I submitted CDR and definitely the quick processing was a pleasant surprise for me.

I opted for it and got the assessment in the form of start and end experience dates. I think DIAC has specifically instructed to obtain relevant skilled employment opinion from EA and a coordinated loop which has been created between EA and DIAC to handle this new assessment shows that it has significant meaning to our application. The AUD150 fee also emphasize their seriousness about it.

thanks ahmedEE....
I will also get it done...

roraimap Nov 13th 2011 8:43 am

Originally Posted by ahmedEE (Post 9720439)

Hi ahmedEE,

One question... did you receive the assessment letter by post or Engineers Australia let you know the outcome by email and then you receive the letter?

Thanks

ahmedEE Nov 13th 2011 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by roraimap (Post 9730106)
Hi ahmedEE,

One question... did you receive the assessment letter by post or Engineers Australia let you know the outcome by email and then you receive the letter?

Thanks

I kept track of the status updates every week from "msastatus blank email" service and when I saw the "dates of applications being processed" matched mine, I launched an email to them after two weeks asking about the outcome. I got a reply from EA representative the next day, confirming the positive outcome and he also attached an unofficial copy of the letter. He also mentioned that letter has been posted by surface mail (I am still waiting for it)
I hope this clarifies the process.

roraimap Nov 13th 2011 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by ahmedEE (Post 9730413)
I kept track of the status updates every week from "msastatus blank email" service and when I saw the "dates of applications being processed" matched mine, I launched an email to them after two weeks asking about the outcome. I got a reply from EA representative the next day, confirming the positive outcome and he also attached an unofficial copy of the letter. He also mentioned that letter has been posted by surface mail (I am still waiting for it)
I hope this clarifies the process.

didnt know about that service... thanks!!!

ahmedEE Nov 14th 2011 2:57 am

Originally Posted by roraimap (Post 9730732)
didnt know about that service... thanks!!!

From EA Website:
...Regularly updated advice on the dates of applications under current process may be sought by sending a blank email to [email protected] with the sole word 'Status' in the email subject line. You will receive an automatic response....

chapkenv Nov 14th 2011 4:57 am

@nomadinusa & ahmedEE....dollar amt of 150 ?! :blink: i know that the fee amount was 200 on their 'payment of standard administration fee' form, also there is a CC fill in option

@ roraimap....turnaround time for additional assessment of work-exp is approximately 15 days...if all docs submitted as per guidelines on EA website...no need to check status alltimes

gl

ahmedEE Nov 14th 2011 9:10 am

Originally Posted by chapkenv (Post 9731316)
@nomadinusa & ahmedEE....dollar amt of 150 ?! :blink: i know that the fee amount was 200 on their 'payment of standard administration fee' form, also there is a CC fill in option

@ roraimap....turnaround time for additional assessment of work-exp is approximately 15 days...if all docs submitted as per guidelines on EA website...no need to check status alltimes

gl

The AUD 200 Fee is for people who already hold an assessment outcome - and have NOT yet applied to DIAC and want to get skilled employment / work experience assessment.

AUD 150 fee is for people who are applying for CDR based skills assessment afresh and also want skilled employment assessment within this exercise.

Read:
http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/about-us/migration-skills-assessment.

chapkenv Nov 14th 2011 10:43 am

Re: fee amounts

thanks for clarifying, ahmedEE - if someone happened to come by this post there might have been doubts arising; so i believe it is 550 + 150 (CDR + WEA) if applying simultaneously post July 2011, ie. a total of 700

otherwise, to spell it out, if you have been already assessed at some time in the past and hold a positive IEAust outcome ie. an ANZSCO code for your profession, and now** want to have a Work Experience Assessment ie. WEA (quantified in terms of months in employment relevant to the ANZSCO code assessed) the administrative fee is 200

but what if there are people who have applied for the CDR (and are in process ie. they do NOT yet hold a positive outcome) but wish to go ahead and apply for a WEA, then I believe there is room for doubt as to what the fee amount might be - and for this subset it might be best to wait for an outcome, before proceeding to the next step of WEA...

roraimap Nov 16th 2011 7:18 am

Re: fee amounts

Originally Posted by chapkenv (Post 9731675)
thanks for clarifying, ahmedEE - if someone happened to come by this post there might have been doubts arising; so i believe it is 550 + 150 (CDR + WEA) if applying simultaneously post July 2011, ie. a total of 700

otherwise, to spell it out, if you have been already assessed at some time in the past and hold a positive IEAust outcome ie. an ANZSCO code for your profession, and now** want to have a Work Experience Assessment ie. WEA (quantified in terms of months in employment relevant to the ANZSCO code assessed) the administrative fee is 200

but what if there are people who have applied for the CDR (and are in process ie. they do NOT yet hold a positive outcome) but wish to go ahead and apply for a WEA, then I believe there is room for doubt as to what the fee amount might be - and for this subset it might be best to wait for an outcome, before proceeding to the next step of WEA...

Hi!!,

Based on your experience with EA. When do they usually charge the credit card once the CDRs are received?. Mine arrived this monday and my bank is very picky with overseas charges.

Thanks!

chapkenv Nov 16th 2011 5:47 pm

@roraimap
if you looked at the "spoiler" under my response, i approached EA twice...
last year, i sent in a bank draft along with my CDR app; and this year i had my brother in sydney fill in cc details for the WEA fee paymnt; on earlier occasion i had used a cc from India for a UTS (univ) paymnt and it worked fine -:) the bank should have no trouble making an overseas payment (but how does it figure into the equation unless you used their debit card?!) :( may i kno which country your card is from? ps: since its a paper-form that EA utilise for their process, like most engineering processes around the world, it won't be immediately charged like an online payment you do on a UNIV website, or amazon.com, or DIAC

roraimap Nov 16th 2011 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by chapkenv (Post 9736830)
@roraimap
if you looked at the "spoiler" under my response, i approached EA twice...
last year, i sent in a bank draft along with my CDR app; and this year i had my brother in sydney fill in cc details for the WEA fee paymnt; on earlier occasion i had used a cc from India for a UTS (univ) paymnt and it worked fine -:) the bank should have no trouble making an overseas payment (but how does it figure into the equation unless you used their debit card?!) :( may i kno which country your card is from? ps: since its a paper-form that EA utilise for their process, like most engineering processes around the world, it won't be immediately charged like an online payment you do on a UNIV website, or amazon.com, or DIAC

My credit card is from UK, I read I had to allow 5-7 working days to get the acknowledgement letter. Not sure if at that stage the credit card would be already charged. Do they charge it right away or send the letter first?.

chapkenv Nov 16th 2011 6:37 pm

no worries

hi, it will probably get sent to accounts, so the person acknowledging and the person in charge of payments will be different, you probably know this if you are in the field of engineering - they always keep cost separate from every other dept - :blink: so quit thinking about when they will charge the card etc i know its difficult not to -i went thru the same phase, if your mail tracker says the CDR reached them-rest assured- you should just email them around 12-14 weeks after that date , if you are anxious for the outcome -:ohmy: but like i said earlier - your turnaround may be as less as a fortnite, being a UK degree and all - so email them then 2 days before then ie 24 th NOV GMT with your CID reference no. that is mentioned in the acknow-letter, problem is every communication will be by normal air-mail - so i am guessing - you will recv the acknow AFTER your cc is charged - and the actual OUTCOME reply email from the Assessor in about 3 weeks from MONDAY 14th - :starsmile: and the PAPER OUTCOME LETTER in the first week of DEC, if not earlier :)

roraimap Nov 16th 2011 8:50 pm

Re: no worries

My degree is not from UK so I will have to wait a bit more... but at least I am in the queue :)

Thanks, I will post the outcome as soon as I get it.

abhirami123 Dec 3rd 2011 10:54 am

will u send me a copy of cdr which u have prepared so that it will be helpfull to me to analyse

abhirami123 Dec 3rd 2011 10:58 am

Hi, I am Electronic Engineer and currently need to prepare my CDR but the problem is that I have no work experience.what to write in career episodes... Please help.

abhirami123 Dec 3rd 2011 11:02 am

Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

hi do u have a copy of cdr....i dont have an idea to write..please help

vober Dec 3rd 2011 4:45 pm

Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by abhirami123 (Post 9767946)
hi do u have a copy of cdr....i dont have an idea to write..please help

Hey it helps to have work experience but as the EA handbook states you can base your CE's on your engineering projects/internships etc.

Just make sure to provide them reference letters for the internships you've undertaken.

Also, kindly follow the instructions mentioned in the handbook.

Regards,

Vaibhav

vober Dec 3rd 2011 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by roraimap (Post 9736845)
My credit card is from UK, I read I had to allow 5-7 working days to get the acknowledgement letter. Not sure if at that stage the credit card would be already charged. Do they charge it right away or send the letter first?.

They charge it the same day or the next day..it all depends... Better still call them and ask them. They are very prompt and friendly and give out all relevant information. Acknowledgment letter as stated comes in 5-7 days. In my case it never came but they told me my CID over the phone and emailed me a scanned file copy.

Regds,

Vaibhav

abhirami123 Dec 4th 2011 6:38 am

do u have ur own copy of cdr.....incase if u have just inform me...it will help me

roraimap Dec 6th 2011 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by vober (Post 9768291)
They charge it the same day or the next day..it all depends... Better still call them and ask them. They are very prompt and friendly and give out all relevant information. Acknowledgment letter as stated comes in 5-7 days. In my case it never came but they told me my CID over the phone and emailed me a scanned file copy.

Regds,

Vaibhav

My credit card got charged the next day and I got a sort of receipt with my CID. Now I am waiting :)

Thanks Vaibhav

mariner Dec 6th 2011 10:43 pm

Hello everybody,
I am new here. I am an Electrical Engineer working in an area dealing extensively with electronics also. I am looking for a sample CER for reference. I would also like to know whether anybody on this forum has been assessed both as an Electrical and Electronics Engineer (ASCO - 2125). Any help will be deeply appreciated.
regards
Hari

sonoflight Dec 18th 2011 8:34 am

Dear ALL,
I am preparing to Apply for Engineers Australia,I am graduated from Faculty of Engineering (Communications &Electronics Dept.) my major work experience is IP Networks &in the filed of telecommunications,do any body know if i applied as Telecommunications network engineer or Telecommunications engineer they will deal with me as Technologist or Professional Engineer?

Thanks &Best Regards
John

obaidhabib Dec 19th 2011 11:37 am

Hi,

I applied to EA for assessment of qualifications on 3rd of december, I have not yet received a CID. Does anyone on the forum know what could possibly be taking them more than the stipulated time to release a CID?

Thanks,
Obaid.

ahmedEE Dec 19th 2011 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by obaidhabib (Post 9796410)
Hi,

I applied to EA for assessment of qualifications on 3rd of december, I have not yet received a CID. Does anyone on the forum know what could possibly be taking them more than the stipulated time to release a CID?

Thanks,
Obaid.

Check the date of documents delivery from your courier and then keep an eye on the fee debit from your account. If the payment has been deducted then you should receive CID with few days, if not received CID even after 1 week of payment then email them seeking CID number.

obaidhabib Dec 19th 2011 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by ahmedEE (Post 9796590)
Check the date of documents delivery from your courier and then keep an eye on the fee debit from your account. If the payment has been deducted then you should receive CID with few days, if not received CID even after 1 week of payment then email them seeking CID number.

hi
thanku for responding. i made the payment through bank draft and the money is debeted when the draft is made.

br
obaid

prince_mhmd Dec 20th 2011 3:30 pm

Hi,
I have sent my CDR to Engineer Australia. They got my document on 5th December. They sent me a official receipt by air-mail but they din't send me the CID :confused:. 15 days have passed. What should i do?:confused::confused:

Seeking your advice.

BR//
Prince
Dhaka

ahmedEE Dec 20th 2011 4:40 pm

send them email.
address is available on website:
[email protected]

shtabu Jan 8th 2012 8:14 am

I am preparing my cdr for australia.(Mechanical engineer).Can anyone send me some samples for mechanical engineer or can anyone help me in dubai to prepare them.I am running out of time.Ready to pay

davos2001 Jan 16th 2012 9:03 am

Hi, can you help me in cdr preparation. can you send me a copy to serve as a basis.thanks

amitkrishnan1 Jan 24th 2012 11:56 am

Dear All,
I am a Mechanical Engineer, very recently received my IELTS results with over all band of 7 and minimum of 6 in all modules.
Well I have started my CDR preparation, planned to complete by 2nd week of Feb 2012. well could any one guide me which handbook do i have to follow, well i do got some samples of CDR and i have downloaded Migration Skill Assesment handbook and Professional Engineer Sumary Statements from engineers Australia.
Is there any other handbook, which indicates templates for career episode.

Any tips from the forum are most welcome.

contact me in my email : amitkrishnan1 at_the_rate gmail dot com.

well people who are planning or started to prepare CDR, please be in touch and share the recent updates.

regards,

mariner Jan 25th 2012 7:55 am

There is another handbook "Chartered Status-A Handbook for Applicants" available on the EA website . Although these are for applying for chartered engineer status, the CER examples given therein are quite helpful as a reference.

pkumar11 Feb 1st 2012 12:43 am

Dear All

This is very good information available here. I have a quick question regarding assessment. My brother in india started his carreer as electronics engineer and then now he sits in management after ten years. Can he apply for assessment.
Is there some one who has gone through similar case.

Thanks in advance

joojay Feb 7th 2012 4:50 pm

Work experience assessment by EA for points

Hi

My hubby has been assessed as an Electrical Engineer by EA recently. The problem is that we did not apply for his work experience to be assessed for points. Why didnt we? Because we thought it was totally optional, but now after more research, we feel that it would be important. We will be claiming 8 years of overseas experience(hubby infact has 12 yrs experience).

So, now we want to apply for work experience assessment. Does anyone have this experience .. i.e. just having the experience assessed? I actually am most interested in knowing how much time would this assessment take? An approximate guess ofcourse as I know that the stated times and duration can vary by miles. Our EA assessment came in 5 weeks, though it was CDR based and we are from HR country.

roraimap Feb 8th 2012 3:26 pm

Re: Work experience assessment by EA for points

Hi!!

It took about 4 weeks for a friend of mine with the same situation as yours (CDRs already done and from a HR country)

In my case I sent them together (in Nov'11) and it took 5 weeks. So i guess it takes about the same time.

Good Luck