British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/engineers-australia-assessment-merged-threads-723685/)

beeceejoh May 10th 2012 3:03 am

Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Hello everyone,

I need a quick clarification. I hold an HND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering(Telecomms) with over 7yrs Telecomms experience. I'm in the process of preparing my CDR for assessment. I'm a bit confuse on under which category should I prepare my CDR,(Professional Engineer,Engineering Technologist or Engineering Associate)? And if I eventually choose a path, is it possible to work in other categories i didn't choose?

Thanks

mariner May 10th 2012 10:07 am

Originally Posted by beeceejoh (Post 10051726)
Hello everyone,

I need a quick clarification. I hold an HND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering(Telecomms) with over 7yrs Telecomms experience. I'm in the process of preparing my CDR for assessment. I'm a bit confuse on under which category should I prepare my CDR,(Professional Engineer,Engineering Technologist or Engineering Associate)? And if I eventually choose a path, is it possible to work in other categories i didn't choose?

Thanks

Please check out the ABS site http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]%201 and give a search as per the ANZSCO codes. The details can be found there. Coming to your next question- yes, once you have got a PR visa you can take up any job.

sabedin May 10th 2012 6:14 pm

hi every one,
I have a big confusion...Please help me
I have a graduation degree on Computer Science and Information Technology which is not an engineering degree.. But I have experience as Telecommunication Engineer which should be assessed by Engineers Australia.
My question is who will assess my qualification ?? Engineers Australia or ACS??
please tell me how can I assess my qualification...

Abedin

prince_mhmd May 10th 2012 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by sabedin (Post 10053157)
hi every one,
I have a graduation degree on Computer Science and Information Technology which is not an engineering degree.. But I have experience as Telecommunication Engineer which should be assessed by Engineers Australia.

Abedin

I think "Engineers Australia" because you want to be assessed as Telecommunications Engineer/Telecommunication network Engineer.
Coz According to DIAC SOL for Skilled Migration, The assessing authority for it is Engineers Australia.

prince_mhmd May 10th 2012 9:57 pm

hi every one,

Abedin

I think Engineers Australia because u want to be assessed as Telecommunications Engineer/Telecommunication Network Engineer. According to DIAC SOL for Skilled migration, the assessing authority for it is Engineers Australia.

prince_mhmd May 10th 2012 9:58 pm

@ sabedin
I think Engineers Australia because u want to be assessed as Telecommunications Engineer/Telecommunication Network Engineer. According to DIAC SOL for Skilled migration, the assessing authority for it is Engineers Australia.

Paul2O May 11th 2012 2:13 am

Originally Posted by sabedin
hi every one,

Abedin

Work experience will take precedent, so it is Enginneers Australia. You will need more work experience as degree and experience do not match.

sabedin May 11th 2012 8:10 am

thanks for your reply..but it is not EA..probably EA dont assess non-engineering degree

Paul2O May 11th 2012 8:45 am

Originally Posted by sabedin
thanks for your reply..but it is not EA..probably EA dont assess non-engineering degree

Really. Don't they have something like prior learning where they recognize experience in lieu of education?

mrsgreenstar76 May 11th 2012 9:53 am

Originally Posted by sabedin (Post 10054114)

Why ask the question if you've already decided the answer?

sabedin May 11th 2012 10:46 am

Why ask the question if you've already decided the answer?
not really decided..just got a reply from EA..seems they dont assess computer science related education as ACS is responsible for that..

mrsgreenstar76 May 11th 2012 10:49 am

Originally Posted by sabedin (Post 10054318)
not really decided..just got a reply from EA..seems they dont assess computer science related education as ACS is responsible for that..

Yes, but it's your experience that's the issue too. You'll be trying to get a nominated occupation based on your experience. So, if that is more engineering than computers, then you'll need to look more at EA. If EA are the body that assess for Telecommunication Engineer, then you don't really have much choice. If you want that profession, you'll need to be assessed by them.

Aus_NSS May 11th 2012 4:04 pm

hi every one,

Abedin

One of my friend who is also a Computer science graduate & worked as Switch engineer got his CDR assessed as Telecom Network Engineer from EA so i think it would be ok if you go for EA

Davesaint1 Jun 16th 2012 5:05 pm

Engineers Australia

Hi there, I was wondering if those who had delt with engineers Australia for their skills assessment could help me out.
In particular the "carrer episodes" I'm just a little lost as to where to start so any advice on contents etc would be great or better if someone could send me an example of one that would be great.

I am a trained aircraft engineer though the RAF if any other ex servicemen /women have any advice also that would be great. Thanks a lot

Dave

Davesaint1 Jun 16th 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Engineers Australia

Ease ignore that. The skill assessment is now done by Victoria university. As such I am in a similar problem with "employer statements"

Cheers

Amo_Alex Jul 24th 2012 9:09 am

Dear all,
As you already knew, the CDR Booklet is changed in July 2012 and new booklet applied new "units and elements of competency" for PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER which is quite far away from what it was before.
Hence, I would like to ask if anyone can refer me to a sample CDR written in respect to July 2012 booklet or at least a clear description of this new competency elements!?

Amo_Alex

mrsgreenstar76 Jul 24th 2012 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Amo_Alex (Post 10189637)
Dear all,
As you already knew, the CDR Booklet is changed in July 2012 and new booklet applied new "units and elements of competency" for PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER which is quite far away from what it was before.
Hence, I would like to ask if anyone can refer me to a sample CDR written in respect to July 2012 booklet or at least a clear description of this new competency elements!?

Amo_Alex

Welcome to the forum. :)

If you insist on wanting someone to provide you with a sample (why you would is beyond me, as you should know how to detail your own experience!), then try Googling it!

We will point people in the right directions on here, but we won't do the work for them.

Amo_Alex Jul 24th 2012 2:31 pm

Thanks for prompt reply

I reckon there is a misinterpreting here. I m asking for assist of experienced people to help me through my CDR by referring some relevant reading materials that can ease the process of comprehending "units and elements of competency" for July 2012 and it is all about understanding them in better way.

mrsgreenstar76 Jul 24th 2012 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Amo_Alex (Post 10190249)
Thanks for prompt reply

I reckon there is a misinterpreting here. I m asking for assist of experienced people to help me through my CDR by referring some relevant reading materials that can ease the process of comprehending "units and elements of competency" for July 2012 and it is all about understanding them in better way.

Ahh, okies. Fair enough. :thumbup:

Hopefully someone will be along shortly that will be able to point you in the right direction. :)

mariner Jul 25th 2012 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Amo_Alex (Post 10189637)
Dear all,

Amo_Alex

No significant changes in fact. Minor changes to the "units and competency elements' of course; but these have in fact made the writing part simpler than before. My suggestion would be to go through the points to be covered as given in the Booklet. Write a draft first, including all possible information in line with the guidelines and then fine tune it through iterations. You'll to surprised to find that it is not that difficult as it seems. Devote some serious time for it. Once again - just follow para 3.7 and 3.8 of Section C of the MSA Booklet religiously and you'll be fine.

Cheers!

nimmy Jul 30th 2012 11:48 am

Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by vober (Post 9458160)
PM me your email id.I will give you a copy of my CDR. I got assessed as an "Electronics Engineer". But remember the CDR has to be your own work. Just try to check the format from mine and yes read all the instructions mentioned in the handbook throughly.

I just hope the moderators don't get offended with me sharing my CDR as a sample. :-)

Cheers
Vaibhav

Hey Vaibhav,
Would you be able to send me a copy of your CDR? I am an electronics engg and am finding it difficult to find a sample that I could go through. Just to know how each criteria has to be addressed. Hope you can help.
I look forward to it.
Thank you!

masud09 Jul 31st 2012 6:51 am

Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by nimmy (Post 10200844)
Hey Vaibhav,
Would you be able to send me a copy of your CDR? I am an electronics engg and am finding it difficult to find a sample that I could go through. Just to know how each criteria has to be addressed. Hope you can help.
I look forward to it.
Thank you!

first, you write your 3 episodes and then select which part you want to keep or change as per MSA booklet.

gigivthomas Aug 4th 2012 8:57 am

Originally Posted by vober (Post 9458160)
PM me your email id.I will give you a copy of my CDR. I got assessed as an "Electronics Engineer". But remember the CDR has to be your own work. Just try to check the format from mine and yes read all the instructions mentioned in the handbook throughly.

I just hope the moderators don't get offended with me sharing my CDR as a sample. :-)

Cheers
Vaibhav

Hi i am also looking for an electronics engineer CDR.... can anyone can help me on this... thanks in advance

Gigi

Dorothy Aug 4th 2012 9:02 am

Originally Posted by gigivthomas (Post 10209681)
Hi i am also looking for an electronics engineer CDR.... can anyone can help me on this... thanks in advance

Gigi

No. Do your own work. And stop spamming by posting this multiple times.

mrsgreenstar76 Aug 4th 2012 9:44 am

Originally Posted by gigivthomas (Post 10209681)

Gigi

Okay, let's deal with this now. Can people please stop requesting copies of CDRs etc? We can guide people in the right direction, but we are not going to do the work for you. Read the information that is on the EA website and follow the instructions.

Also, don't spam this (or any other) thread with multiple requests for CDR samples. Get off your rear and write it yourself! If you keep spamming, it'll be a visit to the naughty step (i.e. losing posting privileges for a while)!

Thank you. :thumbup:

asifadam Aug 4th 2012 11:10 am

hi every one

My documents reached to EA on 23 April. I asked my consultant to verify me the payment receipt to EA, he said tht its verified as EA issued CID to you. On the status check EA is currently going through cases reached on 25th april.
My question is how can i check about my case status in paticular at EA ??
How would i Know that my case has been handed over to case officer or not, it has received the payment/fees or not.
regards

Dorothy Aug 4th 2012 11:38 am

Originally Posted by asifadam (Post 10209834)
hi every one

My documents reached to EA on 23 April. I asked my consultant to verify me the payment receipt to EA, he said tht its verified as EA issued CID to you. On the status check EA is currently going through cases reached on 25th april.
How would i Know that my case has been handed over to case officer or not, it has received the payment/fees or not.
regards

Why did you pay a consultant if you don't/won't believe what they tell you? Your consultant said he submitted your documents, he said you have a CID so now you need to practice a little patience and wait for your result. If you're going to second guess everything the consultant says then you would be best served by doing it yourself.

amit.kumar Aug 5th 2012 3:21 pm

My assessment was done on 18th July and I was declared " Telecommunications network Engineer" by EA although I applied for "Telecommunications Engineer". I had the only option to apply in SA for state sponsorship which I have done in 25th July.Now ,I am waiting for the result. Does anyone have the sponsorship result from SA after new rule imposed?

gigivthomas Aug 5th 2012 4:55 pm

Ok.. thanks for ur reply.... Sorrry.....I am not going to spam u anymore.....expected some guidance/guidelines that's it... i am preparing my own CDR..anyway i cannot keep someones CDR but wanted some help so wanted look for some samples..... sorry

Gigi

mariner Aug 7th 2012 1:25 am

Originally Posted by asifadam (Post 10209834)
hi every one

regards

OK, if you wish to re-confirm what your consultant has done do the following:-
(a) Ask your consultant for the CID receipt. CID is sure proof of EA having received your docs. and payment. This will have the CID number to quote for correspondence with EA.
(b) Quote the CID and sent a mail to EA and ask for status. EA will promptly respond with status; but will also ask you to approach through the consultant.
(c) Lastly, if you do not trust your consultant, write to EA stating so and then you can deal directly. Forums such as this are there to help.

EA is now on 25 Apr. So, if your CID is dated 23 Apr the assessment should be completed by now.

Good Luck and Cheers!

mariner Aug 7th 2012 4:56 am

Originally Posted by gigivthomas (Post 10211659)
Ok.. thanks for ur reply.... Sorrry.....I am not going to spam u anymore.....expected some guidance/guidelines that's it... i am preparing my own CDR..anyway i cannot keep someones CDR but wanted some help so wanted look for some samples..... sorry

Gigi

You can find examples of CER here. http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au...20Registry.pdf
This is for guidance only, as CERs should be ones own work. If you take a dedicated approach you'll be able to complete it in 10 day at the most.

Good Luck!

gigivthomas Aug 7th 2012 8:50 am

can you provide the cpmplete ;ink...

mariner Aug 7th 2012 9:08 am

Originally Posted by gigivthomas (Post 10214338)
can you provide the cpmplete ;ink...

The full url is too long and would not appear on cut and paste. Give a search with " engineers australia CER " and look for the pdf file on - CER registry or professional development program

gigivthomas Aug 7th 2012 9:10 am

Thank you...

mariner Aug 7th 2012 9:14 am

Originally Posted by gigivthomas (Post 10214363)
Thank you...

Any time.

Cheers!

mariner Aug 13th 2012 5:27 am

Got positive assessment from EA for Electrical Engg :). Took 103 days via CDR route.

Cheers!

masud09 Aug 14th 2012 2:38 am

Originally Posted by mariner (Post 10224050)
Got positive assessment from EA for Electrical Engg :). Took 103 days via CDR route.

Cheers!

Congratulations!

asifadam Aug 28th 2012 6:16 am

Originally Posted by mariner (Post 10213816)
OK, if you wish to re-confirm what your consultant has done do the following:-
(a) Ask your consultant for the CID receipt. CID is sure proof of EA having received your docs. and payment. This will have the CID number to quote for correspondence with EA.
(b) Quote the CID and sent a mail to EA and ask for status. EA will promptly respond with status; but will also ask you to approach through the consultant.
(c) Lastly, if you do not trust your consultant, write to EA stating so and then you can deal directly. Forums such as this are there to help.

EA is now on 25 Apr. So, if your CID is dated 23 Apr the assessment should be completed by now.

Good Luck and Cheers!

hi
Thank you for the advise. I appreciate it alot. I got the EA assesment as telecom engineer... Now I will be applying for SA sponsorship.

regards
Asif Adam

erukus Aug 28th 2012 11:29 pm

I am hoping to have my CDR completed by Monday. The current turnaround time indicated on the EA website is 15 weeks. What are the chances I will have a response in time to make an application by 01 Jan 13 for the 885 visa before it closes?

mariner Aug 30th 2012 8:14 am

Originally Posted by erukus (Post 10251660)
I am hoping to have my CDR completed by Monday. The current turnaround time indicated on the EA website is 15 weeks. What are the chances I will have a response in time to make an application by 01 Jan 13 for the 885 visa before it closes?

EA processing was just 6-8 weeks for Feb- Mar applicants and then increased to 15 wks for Apr-May. I guess it is again getting faster. So if you apply right now/early Sep the assessment would be there well in time for you.

Good Luck!