Dream Over

Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Wanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really nice
Default Re: Dream Over

Thanks for all good wishes, advice and suggestions - need to try and talk and see what he will agree to.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:39 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wanttobethere
Thanks for all good wishes, advice and suggestions - need to try and talk and see what he will agree to.
Joking aside, I think at least if you talk to him on neutral ground and in a calm and rational manner, thus explaining that this was a dream that both of you shared and although he has chosen to end your marriage - not you, as mature adults is it not right that you see this dream out together and then start your new lives in Australia.

Good luck and I sincerely hope you sort something out.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

toughspiders will become famous soon enoughtoughspiders will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wanttobethere
My husband and I have got full residency visas to be validated by middle of 2009. Visa was granted on his work. We waited a long time, sorted out problems with grown up kids (they were not coming), were excited and just waiting for house sale to complete before packing and going. He has just told me he has been seeing another woman, its real "love" and he has left. My dreams of Oz gone. He intends validating and applying for a spouse visa so the new love can go with him.
I'm gutted and have lost my dream. No way I can go but he is ok to do what he wants.
Just wanted to rant a little - hope time will make it feel better.
Good luck to those that manage to get there.
Hiya

If you haven't completed why dont you just refuse to sign the property over on completion???

just a thought

Bex
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

I quite like PP's ideas - would certainly make ME feel better!
On a more realistic note though, get some advice from an Agent.
Hope your dream comes true and that you find REAL happiness!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Jeez..........so sorry to hear this..........what an absolute ar*ehole.

The LEAST he can do is allow you to move on and live your dream in Oz...surely he is decent enough to allow you that..after all we go through to get visas in the first place....

He is one hell of a top bloke- not
Wonder how he sleeps at night
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:19 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Dream Over

Wow! what a lovely female based thread we have here.

So the concensus is comit visa fraud, lie to him then screw him in the courts, nice one ladies. Its the visa fraud that will get you in trouble in the end.

There is nothing to stop him simply telling DIAC and then validating himself, then waiting a year and sponsoring his new partner he has 5 years to get there. That is what I would be advising him to do as (as evidenced by this thread) cutting a deal with a woman scorned is a pretty pointless excersize and he doesnt need to anyway as he has a legal visa she dont. So why would he put himself in a compromized legal position for a promise he knows she wont keep?

Men aren't dumb you know ....
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Men aren't dumb you know ....
Nor very pleasant it seems.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

What these lying cheating men need is a permanent penile epidural - it's still there but can't use it!!!

Really sorry to hear your sad news - I hope things work out for you.

Mel
xx
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

After reading everything on this thread i just have to say that i hope it all works out for you in the end. Like someone has already said he may realise that the grass isn't always greener and may come crawling back, 90% of relationships that have broken down get back together within the year. I am fully for talking to him in a mutual place as two adults and having a free and frank dicussion.

I truely hope you work something out.

take care and good luck
Vicky
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:20 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

What a bummer, I'm sorry for you.

But...some of the female rants (not yours), even if partly in jest, are a bit disturbing. Imagine if the roles were reversed and there were a load of guys on here advising a guy whose wife had just walked out on him to do damage to her private parts? Jeez.

Anyway, as someone pointed out, it may not be true love. Some people ARE dumb.

I hope things work out for you.

Big.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

Obviously we have only heard the one side of the story. I think that the issue people have taken offence at is that this has obviously been going on for some time and he misled his wife by including her on his application when he had no intention of going with her.

If he had told her before and they had split up it would have delayed him applying for a visa until they were divorced presumably.

We don't know the in's and outs of the application and possibly he was reliant on some of her points to get his own visa.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Flutterby
Obviously we have only heard the one side of the story. I think that the issue people have taken offence at is that this has obviously been going on for some time and he misled his wife by including her on his application when he had no intention of going with her.

If he had told her before and they had split up it would have delayed him applying for a visa until they were divorced presumably.

We don't know the in's and outs of the application and possibly he was reliant on some of her points to get his own visa.
We also don't know whether or not he intended to take her when the visa application was put in, or if the new relationship started after this.

Ulimately if he validates, so can she, and then they can go their separate ways.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:45 am

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hereshoping
We also don't know whether or not he intended to take her when the visa application was put in, or if the new relationship started after this.

Ulimately if he validates, so can she, and then they can go their separate ways.
If it wasnt for all the estrogen being sprayed around in I would have mentioned that she may be able to validate anyway depending on whether DIAC missed a visa condition off of her visa grant.

But ultimatly if they have totally split up before either of them validate he is obliged to tell DIAC; if he doesnt and finds out that she validates her visa he could conceivably call DIAC and attempt to get her visa cancelled and her deported from Australia.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:33 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
If it wasnt for all the estrogen being sprayed around in I would have mentioned that she may be able to validate anyway depending on whether DIAC missed a visa condition off of her visa grant.

But ultimatly if they have totally split up before either of them validate he is obliged to tell DIAC; if he doesnt and finds out that she validates her visa he could conceivably call DIAC and attempt to get her visa cancelled and her deported from Australia.
And she could do the same by telling DIAC that he lied on the visa forms by including a spouse that he had no intention of bringing.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy
And she could do the same by telling DIAC that he lied on the visa forms by including a spouse that he had no intention of bringing.
And she is of course free to do this, its not clear that she KNOWS he lied when he filed the forms though is it? kinda hard to prove what his intent was when he filed the forms 9/12 months ago anyway but as far as I can see from this thread you are the one stating he had no intention of taking the OP not the OP .

What you gals have been suggesting on the other hand is clearly visa fraud so I guess you might as well encourage her to file a malicious complaint with DIAC as well.

If the relationship is over before they validate this should be reported to DIAC by the primary applicant for them to make a decision.

I sympathize with the OP, any marriage break up is a personal tragedy but its not a reason to go around breaking the law be it burning peoples possessions, physical violence or fraud. If men had been suggesting the kind of violent action against women that has been suggested against this man the mods would have been issuing warnings so Pollyana, why is advocating violence towards men acceptable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.