Dream Over

Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Wanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really nice
Default Dream Over

My husband and I have got full residency visas to be validated by middle of 2009. Visa was granted on his work. We waited a long time, sorted out problems with grown up kids (they were not coming), were excited and just waiting for house sale to complete before packing and going. He has just told me he has been seeing another woman, its real "love" and he has left. My dreams of Oz gone. He intends validating and applying for a spouse visa so the new love can go with him.
I'm gutted and have lost my dream. No way I can go but he is ok to do what he wants.
Just wanted to rant a little - hope time will make it feel better.
Good luck to those that manage to get there.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dream Over

Originally Posted by Wanttobethere
My husband and I have got full residency visas to be validated by middle of 2009. Visa was granted on his work. We waited a long time, sorted out problems with grown up kids (they were not coming), were excited and just waiting for house sale to complete before packing and going. He has just told me he has been seeing another woman, its real "love" and he has left. My dreams of Oz gone. He intends validating and applying for a spouse visa so the new love can go with him.
I'm gutted and have lost my dream. No way I can go but he is ok to do what he wants.
Very sorry to hear your news, must be a difficult time for you .
Have to say if it was your dream too why can't you go? I know I would in your position as you're as much entitled to go to Aus as you have PR visa too don't you? Also you can screw him for divorce settlement through the Aus courts and make his new life a bit more uncomfortable! Just a thought
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Wanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really niceWanttobethere is just really nice

Apparently as I was included on his application, my visa would be cancelled if I entered Oz without him and tried to live there.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently as I was included on his application, my visa would be cancelled if I entered Oz without him and tried to live there.

Ah good point. Isn't he open to allowing you to travel on same plane as him? Would seem a tad harsh as he's committed adultry and now expects you to miss out on your dream of a life in Aus.
Thought you'd have booked flights by now? Think you need to talk to him and see what happens.
Must be an awful time for you. Hope things work out for the best
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:57 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Which visa have YOU been granted??
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WS
Which visa have YOU been granted??
Why would it make a difference to type of visa. I thought they all required everyone to validate at same time?
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:56 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have PR, try and cut a deal with him, tell him you will be more than 'amicable' in the divorce courts if he allows you to go on the plane with him, put a nice little smile on your face as you go through immigration and get the all important stamp.

Then once you have gone your different ways, screw the bastard for every penny he has.

Make it clear that you can be very compromising and accommodating and give a small undercurrent of a hint that when you are pushed into a corner, you would make a tough enemy - just a hint of that mind you, enough to give him a taster.

Not only has he ruined your marriage but he wants to take away your dream as well?

I sincerely hope that you achieve what you have set out to do and can move forward to lead a happy life.

In the meantime, let's hope his testicles fall off.

Sending you karma
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

sailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant futuresailechz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Why would it make a difference to type of visa. I thought they all required everyone to validate at same time?
the primary applicant should validate first and the secondary applicants can follow, but should be done before intial entry date
Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Sorry to hear that. I know how you feel, been through a similar thing in the past but under different circumstances.

I would have thought since you were already issued and granted with a PR visa you would be a PR no matter if you divorce the primary applicant or not? As long as he enters before you, you would be able to enter Oz? Hope this is really the case for you.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Are you on a 136/175 Permanent Residency visa or something else?
If its a standard PR visa, see if he will compromise into allowing validation for BOTH of you, before he goes any further with the new relationship. If you both go and validate NOW, then once you have validated you can go your separate ways as you will then have PR in your own right.
The issue right now is that you both have to visit Aus to validate the visas, and as the main applicant he needs to validate first. You can go together or separately as long as you both validate before the vital date. Once validated you can both live here independently - or not, as the case may be.

Once you have both validated he can go ahead and go his own way, then apply for a spouse visa, but you will also be free to go your way and live in Aus.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:30 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Australia_bound?,

No, the primary applicant must validate first or at the same time, but the secondary applicant can validate seperately.

If it's a PR visa like a 175, then she is a PR in her own right and can still go.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Hi

Just wanted to offer a bit of sympathy, sorry to hear your news, like PP says screw the bastard, go validate once he has done his and go and find yourself a big hunk of spunk!!!!!

I agree with everyone else as far as I know and I am no expert as long as he makes the first entry you can validate too.

If he has a soul at all he will be feeling pretty guilty so tell him what you want and I am sure he will agree to it.

Cx
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

How will he prove the relationship with the new girlfriend though? Are there restrictions on how many spouses you can sponsor?

He will have to validate before he can do anything in relation to his new girlfriend. Def try to negotiate a validation trip in the meantime.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Once your ex validates his visa you can go. Your visa has been granted. It will not be cancelled because you split up. If it were me, I would wait until about 1 month before initial entry date to go. That way he's likely to have gone.

Alternately you could be a bitch and tell him that either you go together and validate NOW or you will report him to DIAC for visa fraud. He included you in the application when he really had no intention of taking you. That means could mean he's given false information on the forms.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Alternately you could be a bitch and tell him that either you go together and validate NOW or you will report him to DIAC for visa fraud. He included you in the application when he really had no intention of taking you. That means could mean he's given false information on the forms.
oooh, I like this idea! Keep it saved up in case you need it!!!

Someone I know went to Oz with wife, on his skills (Chef). They had only been there 3 months when she said that she didn't love him anymore. She has stayed in Oz, he is heartbroken and moved back to UK. I think it was all a long term plan to get out there and he was using her.

Did he need any points from you at all to get his visa, extra 5 pts for your skills?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.