Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

DIAC Applications pre July 2012 -Status,Speculation & unanswerable questions (merged)

DIAC Applications pre July 2012 -Status,Speculation & unanswerable questions (merged)

Old Jan 25th 2011, 1:01 am
Just Joined

Ining is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Being processed further

Hi,

Was it a good movement? BEING PROCESSED FURTHER.

Thanks!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice
Default Re: Being processed further

Originally Posted by Ining
Hi,

Thanks!
Cant say anything definately, most likely someone had a look at your file in DIAC.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Thank you for that. I am just wondering because I thougth I'm on cat 3, I didn't fully read it that I'm on cat 4 which is going be finalized by 2012...But in my application, the medical is outstanding, and when clicking the link in the documents there are medical forms intended for me and my family....Just wondering if they wanted just to go on med exam...I lived for 3 years in oz, I lodged a the visa 2 mos before I left....need you idea on it..please...thank you.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:14 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

You will get an SPECIFIC email from your Case Officer with his name in it. He will specifically ask to provide medicals. That's when you take meds.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

vxm665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for that. I am just wondering because I thougth I'm on cat 3, I didn't fully read it that I'm on cat 4 which is going be finalized by 2012...But in my application, the medical is outstanding, and when clicking the link in the documents there are medical forms intended for me and my family....Just wondering if they wanted just to go on med exam...I lived for 3 years in oz, I lodged a the visa 2 mos before I left....need you idea on it..please...thank you.
Don't be too optimistic. Once you lodged an application, medical forms will be availabe to download with applicant name printed on it. It's an automatic process, so don't go for medical until you asked by a case officer via personal email.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:50 am
Just Joined

So that's normal...all those online application has the same scenario
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

mirob is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Cat 4 now and I see the same message. It appeared when I enquired about something about a year after I submitted the application.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:30 am
Just Joined

So, yours processing further as well? as per there advised its normal...better if its not there coz its so confusing, isn't it?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

So, yours processing further as well? as per there advised its normal...better if its not there coz its so confusing, isn't it?
I don't think it makes much difference. They are not processing Cat 4 applications until all higher categories are finished - which means that they'll be stuck in the system for years to come.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:33 am
Just Joined

But all those under cat 4 has to be finalized by Dec 2011. Did you tried living in oz?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

But all those under cat 4 has to be finalized by Dec 2011. Did you tried living in oz?
Not a chance. They will definitely not be finalised this year. The deadline 'end of 2011' was removed a long time ago.

My personal guess is that offshore applicants will get refunds if they can't make it to Priority 3 group. With onshore applicants it will be more complicated but the government might require them to gain experience in their field. I don't think they'd send people home after 5 years of waiting.

I'm getting a re-assessment on my skills, so hopefully I will move to Priority 3 soon.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:43 am
Just Joined

I lived there before, so I'm guessing they considering it seriously I read in their timeline that cat 3 is due to be finalized dec 2011 and i was advised that 2012 is the finalization for cat 4....that was a week after i lodged my application wayback 2009.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

I lived there before, so I'm guessing they considering it seriously I read in their timeline that cat 3 is due to be finalized dec 2011 and i was advised that 2012 is the finalization for cat 4....that was a week after i lodged my application wayback 2009.
Yep, it's gone. No more deadlines or timelines.

I've been living in Australia for 6 years, applied back in 2009 as well.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:47 am
Just Joined

So you mean 2012 is impossible?....actually I lodged Pr here in Canada the same time I lodged mine there...within 7 mos time. I got my residency here.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: processing time update from DIAC thread?

Originally Posted by Figment
Mine are booked for next tuesday in Birmingham £100 cheaper than Manchester and quicker appointment times. Travel is the same distance.
Hope everyone hears soon.
Hi

How did the medicals go?
Were they straight forward? Ours booked for Friday & would you know it I have a chest infection
Panic has set in with the infection & x-ray?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.