Wikiposts

December 2007 Applicants

Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:17 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

How is everyone doing this week? No news on selling houses for anyone?

No visa grants? (joking)

I've been thinking that I might start sorting and packing stuff little by little and listing them. Found some good info on customs and such. Maybe some of you have read these already but will put them here just in case.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4224
http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/re...Travellers.pdf
http://www.aima.com.au/M_Svcs_Custom...ion_Austra.pdf

Good luck to sellers and patience to everyone of us waiting...
Kaitlin
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:20 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
How is everyone doing this week? No news on selling houses for anyone?

No visa grants? (joking)

I've been thinking that I might start sorting and packing stuff little by little and listing them. Found some good info on customs and such. Maybe some of you have read these already but will put them here just in case.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4224
http://www.customs.gov.au/webdata/re...Travellers.pdf
http://www.aima.com.au/M_Svcs_Custom...ion_Austra.pdf

Good luck to sellers and patience to everyone of us waiting...
Kaitlin

Thanks Kaitlin
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

Hi all!
Just returned from 3 week holiday / reccy in Gold Coast. Visited Bris, Redcliffe where I have a job waiting and Sunshine Coast. It was absolutely fab and we had such a great time!
Back to earth now. House has had viewer whilst we were away but didnt buy Only 4 in last 2 months and reality kicking in. Sold last houses on first day in boom time.
How is it all going and has anybody got case officer etc. Now think we will wait for police checks and meds until requested as validating visa crossing my mind. Good luck to all and I am trying to keep optimistic but hate this house sale business! Louise.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:00 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Originally Posted by LouB
Hi all!
Just returned from 3 week holiday / reccy in Gold Coast. Visited Bris, Redcliffe where I have a job waiting and Sunshine Coast. It was absolutely fab and we had such a great time!
Back to earth now. House has had viewer whilst we were away but didnt buy Only 4 in last 2 months and reality kicking in. Sold last houses on first day in boom time.
How is it all going and has anybody got case officer etc. Now think we will wait for police checks and meds until requested as validating visa crossing my mind. Good luck to all and I am trying to keep optimistic but hate this house sale business! Louise.
Ooh!! You make me sooooo jealous

Understand the feeling about the house selling. Took 8 months for ours to sell and we were already certain it will never sell. Luckily we put in on market already 1,5yrs ago when we decided we'll apply for visa. Now already sold the temp flat also and just hanging in FIL's house for the last months. We frontloaded everything since we are ready to validate visas in one month notice right now.

All we need is visas

Kaitlin
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

steveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LouB
Hi all!
Hi Lou
We also just returned, well 2 weeks ago from a 3 week reccy in Gold Coast, congrats on the job in Redcliffe, I have a job waiting in Currumbin.
Our house went on the market today, just hope no buyers have read the papers or see the news for last couple of days
We applied for visa in Dec, just waiting for co, meds finalised & police checks sent. All the best
Steve
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:25 pm

Have you guys uploaded the Australian Value Statement? Still not sure if it's required, but i've done it to be on the safe side.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:57 am
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mary1967
Have you guys uploaded the Australian Value Statement? Still not sure if it's required, but i've done it to be on the safe side.
Yep....I did mine last week. Everything is in now....unless they ask for something which is not on the list

Debs
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by debbie222
Yep....I did mine last week. Everything is in now....unless they ask for something which is not on the list

Debs

Fingers crossed we've sent everything in
Old Apr 10th 2008, 7:43 am
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
Hi all - I've been quiet for a few weeks...

We're now in rented accomodation with (what little of) our equity sat in the bank, we moved out 2 days after I got back from taking a school party skiing for a week which was a bit tuff going (the move, not the week away with the kids!)

I hope everyone else gets house sales etc sorted OK.

Thanks for the links Kaitlin - good stuff. You have just moved recently too haven't you? Did you fill in form 929 to inform DIAC of your change of address? Did you post it to the Adelaide GPO Box? (2399, SA 5001) I've filled our in an actually scanned it in and uploaded as part of our evidence (just in case a CO looks over our stuff sometime soon), but want to get this form posted off ASAP. It's not very clear though, as it tells you to post it to the office you posted your application to - but we didn't, we did it online....

Cheers for the tip about the Australian Values Statement Ozdude, karma your way too - hadn't heard of that. I'm going to upload it now....

I finish work on the July 17th, and then have a wedding to go to on the August 2nd - so we're still planning to depart any time after that...

Last edited by Simon.and.Kate; Apr 10th 2008 at 7:46 am.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Hi all - I've been quiet for a few weeks...

We're now in rented accomodation with (what little of) our equity sat in the bank, we moved out 2 days after I got back from taking a school party skiing for a week which was a bit tuff going (the move, not the week away with the kids!)

I hope everyone else gets house sales etc sorted OK.

Thanks for the links Kaitlin - good stuff. You have just moved recently too haven't you? Did you fill in form 929 to inform DIAC of your change of address? Did you post it to the Adelaide GPO Box? (2399, SA 5001) I've filled our in an actually scanned it in and uploaded as part of our evidence (just in case a CO looks over our stuff sometime soon), but want to get this form posted off ASAP. It's not very clear though, as it tells you to post it to the office you posted your application to - but we didn't, we did it online....

Cheers for the tip about the Australian Values Statement Ozdude, karma your way too - hadn't heard of that. I'm going to upload it now....

I finish work on the July 17th, and then have a wedding to go to on the August 2nd - so we're still planning to depart any time after that...

You've been busy!!!!

Think you selling and moving out was a very wise decision - there's loads of us on here who just can't sell at the moment, not even getting viewers, bloody credit crunch
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:25 am
Just Joined

w99tts is a jewel in the roughw99tts is a jewel in the roughw99tts is a jewel in the roughw99tts is a jewel in the rough

Has anyone had any quotes yet for removal companies we've had three and they all seem to vary from £3400 to £4000. Does this seem reasonable? Its to Brisbane.

We decided to put our house on the market last week and on the first day we had a viewer who came back two more times last week and we sold it at the weekend. We are pleased but the nightmare of finding somewhere else to live is on our mind at the minute as we didn't expect to sell so soon. Plus we've got 2 kids 2 dogs and a cat!!!!

Can't decide whether to brave it at my mothers or find a rental, the way visas are going at the minute I think a rental will be the wise choice. We were hoping to be gone August or September but not too sure now things seem to move so slowly.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Verndownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I've not been on for a while - been really busy.

Weve not got a case officer yet, as seems to be the general for Dec applications.

Were not in any rush to get our visa though, as can't go for a few years, so will have to validate and move out at later date.

We are awaiting request to get our police checks and meds, so we have a little longer to validate - saving etc.

Whats this letter of commitment to Australia people are on about?

Bye the way, does anyone know a good place to get meds in the north west area? Were in between Manchester and Liverpool.

Good luck everyone, and hope all you trying to sell houses are succesful.

Bye for now

Tracey
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by w99tts
Has anyone had any quotes yet for removal companies we've had three and they all seem to vary from £3400 to £4000. Does this seem reasonable? Its to Brisbane.

We decided to put our house on the market last week and on the first day we had a viewer who came back two more times last week and we sold it at the weekend. We are pleased but the nightmare of finding somewhere else to live is on our mind at the minute as we didn't expect to sell so soon. Plus we've got 2 kids 2 dogs and a cat!!!!

Can't decide whether to brave it at my mothers or find a rental, the way visas are going at the minute I think a rental will be the wise choice. We were hoping to be gone August or September but not too sure now things seem to move so slowly.
You lucky thing I held back putting ours up for sale because i was scared of selling straight away and then trying to find a rental with 2 kids, 2 cats and a dog - as it happens, after 1 failed offer and no viewer in weeks, we're now looking at offering to pay the 5% deposit to see if it'll get people through the door

If i were you i think i'd and brave it at your mums and spend as much time with her as you can before you go.

Originally Posted by Verndownunder
Hi Everyone,

I've not been on for a while - been really busy.

Weve not got a case officer yet, as seems to be the general for Dec applications.

Were not in any rush to get our visa though, as can't go for a few years, so will have to validate and move out at later date.

We are awaiting request to get our police checks and meds, so we have a little longer to validate - saving etc.

Whats this letter of commitment to Australia people are on about?

Bye the way, does anyone know a good place to get meds in the north west area? Were in between Manchester and Liverpool.

Good luck everyone, and hope all you trying to sell houses are succesful.

Bye for now

Tracey

Think the November thread are just starting to get CO's now. The Australian Value Statement is a statement other people who've applied online are being asked to submit, which is strange because it's part of the online application Anyway, it's just a case of printing it off, signing it and uploading the form with your other documents.

We had our medicals done in Manchester by Dr Million - cost a fortune, but he was really good with the kids, especially my 15 year old who had hysterics when she saw the needle They do both xray and medical on the same day, took about 2 hours in total. If he finds something wrong he won't send them off until he's got the necessary reports, which is good because at least you know when it gets to Sydney they've got everything they need and there's no delay at that end.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:40 pm
Crazy Finn

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Hi and welcome back Good to know that all went well with moving!

We just filled this form http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm since we don't have acccess to scanner anymore and got a reply few days later that our address has been updated to their system.

Kaitlin

Last edited by Kaitlin; Apr 12th 2008 at 8:44 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Verndownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mary1967
You lucky thing I held back putting ours up for sale because i was scared of selling straight away and then trying to find a rental with 2 kids, 2 cats and a dog - as it happens, after 1 failed offer and no viewer in weeks, we're now looking at offering to pay the 5% deposit to see if it'll get people through the door

If i were you i think i'd and brave it at your mums and spend as much time with her as you can before you go.

Think the November thread are just starting to get CO's now. The Australian Value Statement is a statement other people who've applied online are being asked to submit, which is strange because it's part of the online application Anyway, it's just a case of printing it off, signing it and uploading the form with your other documents.

We had our medicals done in Manchester by Dr Million - cost a fortune, but he was really good with the kids, especially my 15 year old who had hysterics when she saw the needle They do both xray and medical on the same day, took about 2 hours in total. If he finds something wrong he won't send them off until he's got the necessary reports, which is good because at least you know when it gets to Sydney they've got everything they need and there's no delay at that end.

Thanks for that.

We applied for our visa paper based. Does that mean I don't need to print and send?

Re Dr Million. do you have his no?

Many thanks

Tracey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.