Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Current timeline for medical & police checks

Current timeline for medical & police checks

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 6:05 am
well wisher 4 all

maku will become famous soon enough
Question Re: Current timeline for medical & police checks

My time line goes like this,

TRA RECEIVED. MACH2004
MAIN APPLICATION TO DIMMIA DEC2004
MEDICAL REQIEST FEB2005
MEDICAL SEND 7TH APRIL 2005
PCC AND DOCUMENTS SEND BY 27TH APRIL 2005

STILL WAITING FOR THE RESULT

MAKU
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:41 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Current timeline for medical & police checks

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Hi Kay

For your PCC just go into your local police station and ask for the forms and they give them to you. Fill them in for each of you cost £10 each, they take up to 40 days to come back to your address.

For meds try here, http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/doctors/panel_u.htm
search by region and find a doctor thats near you. Just ring them and book an appointment. We had ours done last Friday and the bloods/xray the week before (so the results were with the GP)

Let me know how you get on, good luck
Ang
Hi Ang

Thanks for the info and the link. I've found the gp/radiologist for our area do I need to download some forms to take with me or will they have them??

Also believe we have to take our passport is this right?

Kay
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Oakie will become famous soon enoughOakie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Ang

Thanks for the info and the link. I've found the gp/radiologist for our area do I need to download some forms to take with me or will they have them??

Also believe we have to take our passport is this right?

Kay
Forms are here for the medical:

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/26.pdf

and here for the radiographs:

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/160.pdf

and instructions are here:

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORM...structions.pdf

You'll need your passport, 2 recent passport photos for the forms (these should be identical) and some (more) money :-( Hope this helps
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Oakie

You'll need your passport, 2 recent passport photos for the forms (these should be identical) and some (more) money :-( Hope this helps
Hi Thank you so much great help
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:59 am

Hi all

just had a conversation with our agent, who says they are receiving med requests through for others who applied around same time as us.

She expects ours will be here in next couple of days. been waiting 13 weeks.

Kay
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Just got our med requests today (I'm so bloody happy!!)

App lodged 1st March 2005 so took just over 12 weeks

Need to book the medicals now

Last edited by kevinbloomfield; Jun 2nd 2005 at 11:54 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Just got our med requests today (I'm so bloody happy!!)

App lodged 1st March 2005 so took just over 12 weeks

Need to book the medicals now
Excellent news our app was lodged 3rd march so not far behind you.

I have just booked ours xrays next wed, med next friday yikes!!

Also just downloaded the police check doc have you done your pc checks?

It says to send them back to head office in our case Ripley but I thought they went to scotland yard??

Kay
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

It says to send them back to head office in our case Ripley but I thought they went to scotland yard??

Kay

I wonder how long things will take once they have meds?

Theresa
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Kay
Hurry up with the police checks, they take up to 40 days to get returned to you. Mine were sent with the application (cos I'm a bad boy), you should send them to your local police force, the address should either be on the form or on the web site you downloaded it from
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hurry up with the police checks, they take up to 40 days to get returned to you. Mine were sent with the application (cos I'm a bad boy), you should send them to your local police force, the address should either be on the form or on the web site you downloaded it from
Oh pants I know i've just noticed that why didnt the agent tell us to send them before now... oh well it says 'within' 40 days so fingers crossed will come back quicker

Yep address on form ... so whats all this about Scotland Yard??
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Oh pants I know i've just noticed that why didnt the agent tell us to send them before now... oh well it says 'within' 40 days so fingers crossed will come back quicker

I think our police checks took about 3 weeks.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:17 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakie

can i just ask, do you need the above forms per adult and per child?

thanks

michelle
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bun
can i just ask, do you need the above forms per adult and per child?

thanks

michelle

You need med forms for all adults and all children. You only need xray forms for adults and children 12 and over. You only need police forms for adults.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 1:22 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hooperhome
You need med forms for all adults and all children. You only need xray forms for adults and children 12 and over. You only need police forms for adults.
blimey, that was a quick answer.....many thanks

also, if you are using an agent, do they give you the forms, or should i print them off now?

michelle
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:03 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Kay

If you have your bloods done seperate from the GP (we had ours done at the path lab at the hosp when we had xrays done) make sure you print off all the forms for you and hubby and staple photo on the corner. You will need the photos on the med forms for the bloods peeps to sign. We forgot this.

I took our PCC forms to the local police station and paid them the money £10 each adult and they came delivered to our house 3 weeks later.

Hope this helps
Ang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.