Current Processing Times

Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

sfreq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Current Processing Times

This is what I just read on the immigration website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...htm#processing

Incomplete applications
If incomplete, an initial assessment of your application will be made by a case officer. You will receive an acknowledgment letter that includes the following information:

file number
date of application
client and/or permission request ID
Transaction Reference Number (TRN) – for online applications only
grant of a Bridging A (subclass 010) visa – only for applicants who have applied for a General Skilled Migration visa that can be granted while they are in Australia
name and contact details for your case officer
any outstanding documentation you must provide.
Important: Processing of your application will not continue until all outstanding documentation has been received.

Is this true? Does this mean that a CO is appointed when one receives an acknowledgement?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

DaxH, dont jump yet.

Our Police Checks and medicals were requested back in Feburary and we have only just got the Visa Notifications through. By far the best indication of when you will actually get the visa's (well, Visa notificatons. Same thing; actual visa's in passports arrive 1-2 weeks later) is deano66's processing times posts.

We jumped quickly and have been living out of suitcases for the last few weeks!

Mat
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

sfreq, yes your case officer will appointed really early on in the process. But dont be fooled, the long wait then happens .

In the letter you get will be an email address that you can send blank emails to. Every blank email gets a reply with the application dates they are currently processing.

Dont jump the gun getting the medicals and police checks; they are only valid for a finite time and if they have expired by the time the case officer opens your folder thenyou will go back to the end of the queue and have to get them redone. Be patient and wait for the actual request.

Mat
Old Sep 6th 2007, 4:10 pm
Bernie & Neil

lancaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by walkermat
sfreq, yes your case officer will appointed really early on in the process. But dont be fooled, the long wait then happens .

In the letter you get will be an email address that you can send blank emails to. Every blank email gets a reply with the application dates they are currently processing.

Dont jump the gun getting the medicals and police checks; they are only valid for a finite time and if they have expired by the time the case officer opens your folder thenyou will go back to the end of the queue and have to get them redone. Be patient and wait for the actual request.

Mat
Hi Mat

We received our acknowledgement letter a couple of weeks ago with our file num etc. It said that "Due to the large number of applications there will be a time lag before this case is allocated to a case officer." It then goes on to say that we can however make arrangements for our Meds and PCC checks to help speed up the process. Have you any idea how long it may be before we get a CO as the meds and pcc's are only valid for a year and we would not want to pay for them twice as there is 4 of us!?

Bernadette.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

turners99 is an unknown quantity at this point

DaxH, dont jump yet.

Our Police Checks and medicals were requested back in Feburary and we have only just got the Visa Notifications through. By far the best indication of when you will actually get the visa's (well, Visa notificatons. Same thing; actual visa's in passports arrive 1-2 weeks later) is deano66's processing times posts.

Mat
where do i find deano's processing time posts ??
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

DaxH will become famous soon enoughDaxH will become famous soon enough

DaxH, dont jump yet.

Mat
Nah we gonna wait till the all clear comes for the Medicals, then put this place on rent. The In-Laws live by themselves in a 4 bed house, so this way we'll get to save alot more money as the rent will pay for the mortgage and we'll have abit left over + our wages. Trying to get as much as we can saved before we have to leave. The other thing is I have had to take the Bond payment option which requires us to invest the £40,000 for a year, so that I can get 5 extra points
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

deano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud ofdeano66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by turners99
where do i find deano's processing time posts ??
Go back 1 page for the latest. Unless someone gets there before me, I'll try and post these weekly, but you can always get them yourselfs by sending a blank email to [email protected] for an automated response.

-d
Old Sep 7th 2007, 6:08 am
Just Joined

morpheus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Just like to know, with the new changes and online applications available, does it mean it will be faster to go through online? I have submitted mine end of last month. Should I withdraw my application and resubmit online. The email says:

OFFSHORE APPLICATIONS

All paper based applications for Classes BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ (subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496)

Priority Applications: 8 November 2006
Non-Priority Applications: 1 November 2006

Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) (eSIR visa applications)

E-lodged (on-line) applications: 15 March 2007

Does that mean eventually they will start to process september applications sooner then the paper-based apps?
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Bernadette,

Sorry, that is a new one to me. Sounds like (from your post) that they have realised there is a backlog starting to build up and therefore have changed/relaxed things. If they are saying to do it, then go for it.

Mat

Fair play DaxH; we screwed up slightly on the ££££$$$$ front as i left work on 3rd July thinking we would be offski within a few weeks. By the time we actually go I'll have been out of work for 3 months, so money is quite a bit tighter than we would have hoped. Still, was a nice break :-) lol
Old Sep 7th 2007, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Morp, that is an interesting question that one.... Has anyone else used the 'online' route? If it means doing a withdrawl and a re-submit i'd get proper advice (rather than relying on the often dubious advice from here - i include myself, possibly exclusively, here!). The last thing you want to happen is for it to go wrong and have to re-apply using the paper route again and therefore have lost a lot of time...
Mat
Old Sep 9th 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

juss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura about

Are application was lodged on 12 April 2007 no co yet.

Anyone...... Apriliees out there who now have a CO? 136 modl...My agent keeps saying don't worry? I thought we would have had a case officer by now....I am going stir crazy along with everyone else...

Just need to see other 136 modl's in the same boat...Makes me feel better.

Justine

Good luck for next week everyone
Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:52 pm
Ravi Kumar Meda

ravimedaot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by juss44
Are application was lodged on 12 April 2007 no co yet.

Anyone...... Apriliees out there who now have a CO? 136 modl...My agent keeps saying don't worry? I thought we would have had a case officer by now....I am going stir crazy along with everyone else...

Just need to see other 136 modl's in the same boat...Makes me feel better.

Justine

Good luck for next week everyone
the fact that DIAC is processing application that they received in November 2006... so.. Juss 44... like all of us... start being patient... good luck
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

juss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura about

Thats not realistic in all fairness......Yes I am patient but I am entitled to have a moan, I am after all only human......Or am I.....Good luck to you too.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:19 pm
Ravi Kumar Meda

ravimedaot is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Current Processing Times

haa... look at me... i have applied for 136 BN Visa in Feb 2007, luckily got a CO 20 days back... and even have applied for a 457 Visa after i got a job in Australia... 15 days back... got a CO and he is waiting for my medicals to get processed at LCU...

Dont you think i have all the reason to be inpatient.... i have submitted my medicals to LCU on 27th of August... and till now they are not processed....

The immigration dept is notoriously slow....its teaching all of us to be patient and wait and wait and wait... its easy to say to be patient... trust me even by my self i am loosing the patients...

so.. welcome to the in patients club..
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok, ok I hear ya!!!!!!

Can I last a week without checking my emails......

Good luck mate.....Next week will bring happiness to us all!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.