Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:34 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by johnschofield10
Some of the questions on the Form 80 go into depth e.g. what is your present and all past passport numbers? I had to go to the passport agency and pay to get this info. Retrospectively I found out that some people on this site only gave their present No. and said they had held a passport for many years since???? But more in depth info is required on subjects such as qualifications gained since leaving full time education, all jobs held and all holidays taken in the last 10 years.

Check out the form http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

John & Marg
Some of the questions on Form 80 do seem to be a bit over the top. When we did ours we answered the passport question with our present number and then added "successive passports help since ----". Also we didn't have full details of when relatives took their Australian Citizenship and couldn't get it in time and that seemed ok!

But it does pay to get the form prepared well ahead.

Cheers

Matt
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiz
Hi Katie-I sold mine a year ago and the whole family thought I was mad. I don't regret it even though as it has taken one of the uncertainties away. It also made me have a good clear out as the apartment I rent is quite small...and helped me get accustomed to downsizing as if and when I buy in Sydney it won't be as big as the house I sold. Good luck with the sale-I am sure it will be a weight off your mind if it all goes ahead

Fiz
I did the same - sold the house whilst there was buyer, rented for six months and was able to move out and leave for South Australia as soon as I had the visa. Peace of mind is vital whilst so much is happening around you!!
Jean
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Our possessions have been in storage since Feb 2007 and like you we don't miss any of them (apart from photos & other personal stuff). Its made us realise how simply one can live! We have now booked to sort & downsize our stuff before its shipped down under in September!

Matt
Does this mean you are finally taking up residence in Oz??
Jean
Old Jul 12th 2010, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Does this mean you are finally taking up residence in Oz??
Jean
Getting very close to it, just a few more ducks to line up and we will be off!!

Matt
Old Jul 12th 2010, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Matt
Stuff the ducks, get going! Lots of Luck September is close!
Old Jul 12th 2010, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Matt

Are you going to miss the sweet smell of Aqua Kem?

Will you get the Elsan blues?

A cork hat is not everything you know.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't that cheating, or a conflict of interests?

Matt
Hi Matt,

what are you suggesting !! - seriously though you have to declare on any sales particulars that the property is owned by a member of staff. Have accepted their higher offer today & solicitors have been instructed already. Thanks everyone for their good wishes.

Could anyone who has put their belongings in store for a while give me any idea of monthly costs. I'm trying to decide whether to rent just a 1 bedroom property or better to rent 2 & save storage costs.

thanks
Katie
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:47 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Well done, Katie. One of the hardest things of this entire enterprise ticked off. Afraid I don't know about storage costs-I just downsized dramatically-but I am sure it would be more than the difference between a 1 bed and 2 bed monthly rent....
Fiz
Old Jul 12th 2010, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Katie1955
Hi Matt,

what are you suggesting !! - seriously though you have to declare on any sales particulars that the property is owned by a member of staff. Have accepted their higher offer today & solicitors have been instructed already. Thanks everyone for their good wishes.

Could anyone who has put their belongings in store for a while give me any idea of monthly costs. I'm trying to decide whether to rent just a 1 bedroom property or better to rent 2 & save storage costs.

thanks
Katie
Storage costs depend on how much you need to store and where you store. Some of the self storage places are very expensive, some that rent you a container are very reasonable. Then if you use a removals company to store they are also costly. So really I would advise getting lots of quotes from all of them.

Cheers

Matt
Old Jul 12th 2010, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Katie1955
Hi Matt,

thanks
Katie
Hi Katie,

I chose our shipping company and they came quoted and agreed a price. Then as we had a month to move into a flat, we decided to rent a furnished flat and struck lucky as we just needed kitchen equip, crockery and bedlinen plus a few other bits and pieces. The shippers came and packed up (which was an enormous relief something like 70 boxes plus) and they are storing at approx £80 a month we think and will send them off when we get our visa. If you PM I will tell you who we used and we would highly recommend them. Everyone will have a unique experience but think this is quite a cheap option.
We have a 2 bed flat but the 2nd bed would not hold everything we are sending.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

We are new subscribers to this thread but have been following it for sometime (very informative).

Has anyone else heard that the allocation of case officers has been frozen awaiting new guidelines from the government? CPs have to wait such a long time for their visas, a longer wait is sooo frustrating.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:02 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Not heard this. Perhaps one of the agents might have heard something....
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KatyJaysFolks
We are new subscribers to this thread but have been following it for sometime (very informative).

Has anyone else heard that the allocation of case officers has been frozen awaiting new guidelines from the government? CPs have to wait such a long time for their visas, a longer wait is sooo frustrating.
Welcome KatyJaysFolks.

Normally best to start your first post with a bit of good news.
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Les Avalook

Are you going to miss the sweet smell of Aqua Kem?

Will you get the Elsan blues?

A cork hat is not everything you know.
A cork hat and a jar of vegemite & I am a very happy man.

I will definitely miss the smell of Aqua Kem especially with them " Long Drop" loos out there!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Jul 13th 2010, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

sorry Les -forgetting my manners.

I promise to let you know as soon as I hear something cheerful.
I was hoping that someone would say that I had got it all wrong.

Floss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.