Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Sep 28th 2010, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by sandch
Why thank you.

It's a learning curve, so let me know if it misbehaves. I need more hours in my day!
I'm loving the snail!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by samsuchi
Hi

We have PR & my wife has only her mother (no brothers, sisters or her father also died). Initially her mother refused to migrate Ausi. But now she wants to come with us. Please advice on this issue to take visa for her. Still we didn't migrate to australia.
Your advices are so important.
Hi

If, as I understand it, you have not yet moved to Australia, I don't think you will be able to take your wife's mother with you. You need to qualify as 'settled' in Australia before you can sponsor her for a parent visa.

The normal parent visas (103) are taking up to 20 years so most people go for the Contributory Parent Visa (173/143). There are also the Aged Parent visas but you need to be 65 to be eligible to apply.

You can check out the different visa types here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/visa-options.htm
Old Sep 28th 2010, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

ileay is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Great looking new gainwave site Steve. Well done and thank you.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:56 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why thank you.

It's a learning curve, so let me know if it misbehaves. I need more hours in my day!
Excellent job Steve, brilliant.

Matt
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:05 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just got back from our storage where we spent most of the day sorting through our stuff ready for it to be shipped. When it went into storage in Feb 2007 there were 5 large wooden containers each of 250 cu/ft, its now down to 4. Surprising what a load of old tat we put in on moving out of the house! It is due to be shipped down under in the next couple of weeks.

Matt
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101

Matt
Yes, very smart and functional!

Mike
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KatyJaysFolks
congratulations Jean

We are also hoping to make our home in South Australia. Our family first lived in Port Willunga then moved to Seaford Rise but have just move to Sellicks Beach. All of these places are very near to you and we regularly enjoyed your Saturday farmers' markets. We hope to live in Maclaren Vale.

Floss
Great part of South Australia to live! I look forward to welcoming you here too. Coffee at the market? Just hang in there...........
Jean
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

2nd VAC request today! Nearly there - it is now down to me!
Jean
Old Sep 28th 2010, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

suescliff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by junejuno
Great Steve hopefully i will be added to it soon.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:22 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101

Matt
Thanks Matt and everyone for the encouragment. I really wanted to spend more time on the artistic side, but ran out of hours so thought it best to get the tracker working properly 'cos that's what we really want to see. First bug found and fixed (thanks Jean).

We should all try that Matt. Put our stuff into storage for a year or so and then go back and realise how much rubbish we're preserving. I've recently donated to charity some really useful office furniture. It had been in the garage for 3 years "just in case".

Cheers

Steve
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Great part of South Australia to live! I look forward to welcoming you here too. Coffee at the market? Just hang in there...........
Jean
Thanks Jean

I'm looking forward to it ( perhaps early next year if case officers get a move-on.)

Floss
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

ileay is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Thanks Matt and everyone for the encouragment. I really wanted to spend more time on the artistic side, but ran out of hours so thought it best to get the tracker working properly 'cos that's what we really want to see. First bug found and fixed (thanks Jean).

We should all try that Matt. Put our stuff into storage for a year or so and then go back and realise how much rubbish we're preserving. I've recently donated to charity some really useful office furniture. It had been in the garage for 3 years "just in case".

Cheers

Steve
For those of you wanting to get rid of stuff to charity etc, has anyone tried Freecycle?
http://www.uk.freecycle.org/
It's a recycling site where you can put up items you want to give away or ask for items that you would like. The beauty of it is that people come and collect your items from your home so you don't even have to take it anywhere. I used it to get rid of office furniture, filing cabinet, table etc., but people will take anything and all my iterms went within hours. Just find the nearest Freecycle area to you.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

For those of you wanting to get rid of stuff to charity etc, has anyone tried Freecycle?
http://www.uk.freecycle.org/
It's a recycling site where you can put up items you want to give away or ask for items that you would like. The beauty of it is that people come and collect your items from your home so you don't even have to take it anywhere. I used it to get rid of office furniture, filing cabinet, table etc., but people will take anything and all my iterms went within hours. Just find the nearest Freecycle area to you.
We (in North London) also have a nearby – Cricklewood – base of the British Heart Foundation, which will collect bulky items (including TVs and other large electricals as well as furniture). They have a large, supermarket-size showroom/shop.

Mike
Old Sep 30th 2010, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Can't seem to get onto it - the link is broken (I used the one under your signature)

Ignore this comment - it is working now. Great layout and I love the snail too.

Will you be adding the exchange rate feature? - found that helpful (though a bit demoralising at the moment)

Last edited by jtct; Sep 30th 2010 at 2:35 am.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 2:48 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jtct
Can't seem to get onto it - the link is broken (I used the one under your signature)

Ignore this comment - it is working now. Great layout and I love the snail too.

Will you be adding the exchange rate feature? - found that helpful (though a bit demoralising at the moment)
Glad you got in OK - the routing has been changed and there may be old links which I've forgotten about.

Yes, we'll get the exchange rate back on there; as you say it won't cheer anyone up!

The snail is one we found in our back garden, the largest I've seen for a while.

Cheers
Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.