Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:57 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by jtct
Just got back from a week's holiday in sunny (but breezy) Shepton Mallett! Five new pages to catch up with............. but

Not much happening then? No red stars, No COs. Had hoped to see some progress but so far just lots of shopping advice.

Haven't had Marmite for 2 weeks now. Think I might be able to survive without it if this carries on. I always buy Aussie brandswhen we're there and find my whites are OK Even the cheapest seems to do the job and they work in cold water too!
Welcome back! People go to Shepton Mallet for hols then?

CO appointed for Bruce & Carol 30 Jul ; a flicker of life in an otherwise bleak DuMaurieresque visa landscape.

Cheers

Steve
Old Aug 1st 2010, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sandch
Welcome back! People go to Shepton Mallet for hols then?

CO appointed for Bruce & Carol 30 Jul ; a flicker of life in an otherwise bleak DuMaurieresque visa landscape.

Cheers

Steve
Oh Joy! Just a glimmer but very welcome Congratulations Bruce and Carol on the home straight now! Enough of the V & M debate, feeling nauseous at the very thought.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Vindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Oh Joy! Just a glimmer but very welcome Congratulations Bruce and Carol on the home straight now! Enough of the V & M debate, feeling nauseous at the very thought.

Congratulations Bruce & Carol, the next few months will be exiting.
Makes you wonder what all the case officers have been doing.

Good luck to all.

Les & Babs
Old Aug 1st 2010, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

familyfirst is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi am new to this thread, have been on government website but hoping someone can give me a quick reply

I live in oz I now a citizen etc. My Mum appears to qualify for parent visa.
Question is this;
Can she come on a 12 month holiday visa whilst here be applying for her temporary parent visa- to then go on and apply for the perminant visa?

She is keen to move over within next 6 months, just not sure if this is ok. What happens if her 12 month travel visa expires could she visit another country for short while and then reapply?

Would love your help re this question, I have been through several posts on this thread but there are many.......

Thanks heaps awaiting a reply
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by familyfirst
Hi am new to this thread, have been on government website but hoping someone can give me a quick reply

Question is this;
Can she come on a 12 month holiday visa whilst here be applying for her temporary parent visa- to then go on and apply for the perminant visa?

She is keen to move over within next 6 months, just not sure if this is ok. What happens if her 12 month travel visa expires could she visit another country for short while and then reapply?

Would love your help re this question, I have been through several posts on this thread but there are many.......

Hi familyfirst

Your mum can only apply onshore (in Australia) for the Contributory Aged Parent visa and she needs to be over 65 to do this. However, it is not advisable to travel to Oz on a visitor visa with the sole purpose of applying for a parent visa, she may get a 'No further stay' condition put on the visa, which means she will not be able to apply for another permanent visa while in Oz.

If she is under 65 she will need to be offshore to apply for CPV. Once she has applied for this then she would be able to visit Australia on a visitor visa. She would need to be offshore for the visa to be granted. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

familyfirst is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your reply, I think I'm still a bit confused that if she needs a visa to get here, so that she can apply here, she could only come on a visitors visa couldn't she?
She already has a visa from visiting us last yr which expires in Feb, not sure if there are conditions attatched to it. she is now 65, which is handy.
Thanks for your help, I am keen to do as much as I can for her as she will have enough to do just getting herself here.
Really appreciate your advice
Old Aug 1st 2010, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

frizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nice

Hi,

Just got back from two weeks hols and can confirm that my parents got their visa on the 18th July!!

Can we have a RED STAR please!!
Old Aug 1st 2010, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for your reply, I think I'm still a bit confused that if she needs a visa to get here, so that she can apply here, she could only come on a visitors visa couldn't she?
She already has a visa from visiting us last yr which expires in Feb, not sure if there are conditions attatched to it. she is now 65, which is handy.
Thanks for your help, I am keen to do as much as I can for her as she will have enough to do just getting herself here.
Really appreciate your advice
As DaveandLinda say, it all depends whether her visitor's visa has a "no further stay" condition attached. Short-stay internet (eVisitor or ETA) 3-month visas don't have this condition, I gather, but this doesn't leave a lot of time to make the application. However once the application is lodged for an onshore Aged Parent Visa, the parent can I believe stay indefinitely on a Bridging Visa, which is automatically available, until the permanent visa is granted (or, of course, possibly not).

Gollywobbler, here or on the PomsInOz forum, knows much more about this and will probably be happy to fill you in.

Mike
Old Aug 1st 2010, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by frizzy1
Hi,

Just got back from two weeks hols and can confirm that my parents got their visa on the 18th July!!

What a wonderful welcome home present. Congratulations on entering the departure lounge frizzy 1's mum
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:49 am

Question is this;

As DaveandLinda mention, there should be no intention of seeking permanent residence when travelling on a tourist visa. It is of course quite common for people to go to Australia on a tourist visa and decide they want to live there. It also seems to be quite common for people who have CPV applications already lodged to spend time in Australia on tourist visas, but that's a slightly different scenario.

Good luck

Cheers
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:55 am

Hi,

Great news folks! Congratulations!

A good start to August for the tracker!

Best wishes

Steve
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

johnschofield10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Many congratulations to your parents

John & Marg
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:57 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Enough of the V & M debate, feeling nauseous at the very thought.
Yes I quite agree.

Has anyone noticed that you cannot get English Tasting Sausages in Oz?

SnagMatt
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Yes I quite agree.

Has anyone noticed that you cannot get English Tasting Sausages in Oz?

SnagMatt
In Perth they have BRITISH labelled sausages which taste quite good. But you can make your own I have a recipe, its finding the sausage skin and filling it that might be a little difficult.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Hooray - some movement at last. CONGRATULATIONS - so nearly there now..........lucky you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.