Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Mar 11th 2011, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

durhamlad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Can anyone easily explain what the AOS bond is for, what can Centrelink use the money for. What benefits are we likely to receive which is paid for out of the bond, we are to old for unemployment benefits.

David
Old Mar 11th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by durhamlad
Can anyone easily explain what the AOS bond is for, what can Centrelink use the money for. What benefits are we likely to receive which is paid for out of the bond, we are to old for unemployment benefits.

David
No one seems to have give an example of anything that CPVs can claim for so the only benefit seems to be the interest on the bond.

We can go to Centrelink for help with training if one is looking for work and it does not appear that the cost of a training course is taken from the bond.

Perhaps it is there to show commitment from the Aos and to stop people in Oz fannying about.

P.S. In 10 years time it may be worth £20,000 when you get it back.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

David
I understood that the aos bond was a fund for centrelink to dib into if we cost the country for any of the things listed on the exclusions bit in the aos info . Not completely sure though.

Floss
Old Mar 11th 2011, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Congratulations Floss, the last bit moved really fast, we expected an email this morning to say our son had sent the bank draft from his account to Perth but it has gone strangely quiet in Oz.

We will have to use Google maps to see if there is a new car on their drive.
Hi Les,
You may not believe this, but I have been contacted by my grandson to say ''Now you have spent all the money you need , can I 'borrow' what's left for a car. please Gran, I love you'' Flannel or what?

I know that this is not the correct blog for this but I won't do it again.

Floss
Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KatyJaysFolks
Hi Les
Are you renewing your passport because the time has nearly expired or because of anticipated complications later on ? I know that you always work out things out well in advance (much better than I do) so I know you must have a good reason .Please would you share it with us.

Thanks

Floss
Our passport renewal took 5 days from start to finish, we now have 10 years and 9 months on the new one.

The CO was happy with the copy we scanned and emailed to her and after some nudging replied to confirm she had the new number for the visa.

The bank draft has gone off today from Brisbane and our son still has a old 'Skyline' and not a new one .
Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
No one seems to have give an example of anything that CPVs can claim for so the only benefit seems to be the interest on the bond.

We can go to Centrelink for help with training if one is looking for work and it does not appear that the cost of a training course is taken from the bond.

Perhaps it is there to show commitment from the Aos and to stop people in Oz fannying about.

P.S. In 10 years time it may be worth £20,000 when you get it back.
Just done some research and the following Centrelink payments are recoverable out of the AOS, taken from the Centrelink website.

Austudy, Crisis Payment, Newstart Allowance, Parenting Payment, Partner Allowance, Sickness Allowance, Special Benefit, Widow Allowance, Youth Allowance.

David
Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Just done some research and the following Centrelink payments are recoverable out of the AOS, taken from the Centrelink website.

Austudy, Crisis Payment, Newstart Allowance, Parenting Payment, Partner Allowance, Sickness Allowance, Special Benefit, Widow Allowance, Youth Allowance.

David
Link: http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...pport.htm#what
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

David
From your research, David, how many did you feel would be likely for an average CPV to claim on?
Old Mar 11th 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

You are right, probably at my age none.

Just thought it may be useful information for others to know what it was about as I did not until this morning.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got my visa & I'm off on the 2nd June - WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck to all those still waiting, time does go by very quickly. It just proves that your son/daughter do not need to be in Australia for 2 years before applying as Emma, my daughter had been in Oz for just 11 months when I applied although could prove that she had settled etc

good luck

Katie
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow, we got it, it looks like the 15th was a busy day at Perth with 2 visas being granted. Bit like London buses.

Well done Katie.

Last edited by Les Avalook; Mar 15th 2011 at 8:26 am. Reason: Over excitement
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Congratulations to all! Coming thick and fast now. Hope ours will not be too long. I think they must be trying to rush them through before the quota runs out in July.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:38 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Congratulations to all! Coming thick and fast now. Hope ours will not be too long. I think they must be trying to rush them through before the quota runs out in July.
Not sure they have ever used their quota......they kept threatening to queue people once they'd fulfilled their quota but don't think it ever happened

Still its good news that the wait time seems to have reduced so much. Just need the value of the AUD to do the same.....
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiz
Not sure they have ever used their quota......they kept threatening to queue people once they'd fulfilled their quota but don't think it ever happened

Still its good news that the wait time seems to have reduced so much. Just need the value of the AUD to do the same.....
I'll second that one - will it ever reach 2.60 to the £ again

Katie
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Congratulations to everyone.
I think a great number of CPV applicants have pulled out or decided against emigrating, reducing the numbers on the list which is why they are going through thick and fast.
It would be interesting to hear from people who have pulled out, or are waiting for a better exchange rate. We very nearly pulled out ourselves.
Julie and Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.