Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can you withdraw an incomplete visa application which was rejected?

Can you withdraw an incomplete visa application which was rejected?

Old Nov 28th 2018, 8:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you withdraw an incomplete visa application which was rejected?

Originally Posted by bilaarshad21
Yeah, what I did turned out to be bad for her future applications. But this was not my intention.

Apart from my stupidity, I would blame it on the convenience of online application, where anyone can fill up a form for anyone. I just filled up the form for her in less than 10 minutes, paid the fee and all done. Everything was done from my personal email address, not hers. No documents (except a copy of passport), not even photographs were provided. I am not shying away from the responsibility, just saying that how easy it is to make this mistake.

And its not that she would not have been made aware during the process as her documents, biometrics etc would have been required. Unluckily, as I mentioned above, the visa application was rejected before even it was complete, we did not provide any documents as we were still deciding whether or not she will visit Australia. I started online app and paid the fee.
you say in post 5 that she still doesn't know. So which is it? Does she know that you applied for a visa for her or not?

And no, it's not the fault of an easy application system. It's squarely on YOU. You are who did this.