Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Can you withdraw an incomplete visa application which was rejected?

Can you withdraw an incomplete visa application which was rejected?

Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

bilaarshad21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you withdraw an incomplete visa application which was rejected?

Hello Friends,

I have a question about VISIT visa application which was rejected as I did not upload any documents, and wondering if anyone can help me.

Background
I applied for my sister's Australian visa 2 years ago using online application form. She was unaware of this application. After I filled in the form and submitted the application, I spoke to her but she was not ready to visit me.

Since we were not ready, I did not submit any documents along with the application (except her passport as I already had a copy of that)... While I was trying to convince her, I got email that the application has been rejected (may be a month later) as required documents were not attached. I thought the application will not proceed until we provide all the documents.

Anyways, whats done is done. Now Its has been more than than 2 years.. I know its a long time.. I am wondering if there anything I can do now? I know I had been sleeping for such long time, but is there any appeal I can file to withdraw this application or nullify this decision?

Any lawyers with advise or any friends with such experiences?

Thank you
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:10 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you withdraw an incomplete visa application which was rejected?

Originally Posted by bilaarshad21
Hello Friends,

I have a question about VISIT visa application which was rejected as I did not upload any documents, and wondering if anyone can help me.

Background
I applied for my sister's Australian visa 2 years ago using online application form. She was unaware of this application. After I filled in the form and submitted the application, I spoke to her but she was not ready to visit me.

Since we were not ready, I did not submit any documents along with the application (except her passport as I already had a copy of that)... While I was trying to convince her, I got email that the application has been rejected (may be a month later) as required documents were not attached. I thought the application will not proceed until we provide all the documents.

Anyways, whats done is done. Now Its has been more than than 2 years.. I know its a long time.. I am wondering if there anything I can do now? I know I had been sleeping for such long time, but is there any appeal I can file to withdraw this application or nullify this decision?

Any lawyers with advise or any friends with such experiences?

Thank you
Bit of a mistake to submit an application for someone else without their knowledge or permission, especially since you must have pretended to be her in the application! The application and refusal is now a matter of record, you can't have it withdrawn and there's nothing to appeal. I'm not sure why you're worried though, being refused for insufficient documents/evidence won't impact on any future applications your sister makes. Or are you worried because you've never actually told her that you applied for a visa for her without her knowledge?

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Nov 2nd 2018 at 2:12 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If it was refused two years ago then there’s nothing you can do about it now. You can’t withdraw an application after a decision has been made.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:14 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If it was refused two years ago then there’s nothing you can do about it now. You can’t withdraw an application after a decision has been made.
Rethinking one of my comments to OP - would a visa refusal in the circumstances outlined be regarded as an adverse immigration history? In which case the refusal may have an impact on a future application, even if it's just that this application would take longer to process?
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm not sure why you're worried though, being refused for insufficient documents/evidence won't impact on any future applications your sister makes. Or are you worried because you've never actually told her that you applied for a visa for her without her knowledge?
Thanks for your quick response. I was only worried when I filled up my parents visa forms and they asked a question "have you every been refused visa to any other country" - so I was thinking that now when my sister will apply for visa to any other country, she will have this baggage with her, caused by my stupidity.

Btw, its not that she was not fully aware.. She wished to come here before going to US to live with her husband, but circumstances changed and she no longer wanted to come. But yes she was not aware that I had filed visa application hearing her wish

Also she still does not know that I applied for her visa which got rejected.. so yes this is also my concern

Thanks for your guidance.

Last edited by bilaarshad21; Nov 2nd 2018 at 2:21 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Ok, thank you for your feedback. Appreciate the guidance.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Rethinking one of my comments to OP - would a visa refusal in the circumstances outlined be regarded as an adverse immigration history? In which case the refusal may have an impact on a future application, even if it's just that this application would take longer to process?
It would need to be declared on all future visa applications. It’s not really a problem for future Australian visa applications as the case officer can check to see why the visa was refused and simply not uploading documents won’t be a cause for concern. It’s potentially more of a problem for other countries as they won’t have access to the same information but by simply declaring it rather than omitting it then the explanation given is more likely to be taken at face value.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:50 pm
Concierge

It would need to be declared on all future visa applications. It’s not really a problem for future Australian visa applications as the case officer can check to see why the visa was refused and simply not uploading documents won’t be a cause for concern. It’s potentially more of a problem for other countries as they won’t have access to the same information but by simply declaring it rather than omitting it then the explanation given is more likely to be taken at face value.
Thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 8:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty hard to declare a visa rejection if the OP never told her she had one.

Seriously. Who does that?
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 11:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Pretty hard to declare a visa rejection if the OP never told her she had one.

Seriously. Who does that?
Can't imaginr why anyone would apply for a voisa for someone else without even telling them

Interesting situation if the person applies for another visa not realising they already have one refusal!
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 2:45 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by bilaarshad21

Also she still does not know that I applied for her visa which got rejected.. so yes this is also my concern

Thanks for your guidance.
You need to tell her, it's only fair. She probably won't be very pleased with you, but she'd be even less pleased if she inadvertently lied on any future visa applications - not being truthful in such matters is a dangerous road to travel.
Old Nov 24th 2018, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The OP should be grateful that the authorities did not pursue him. His actions were criminal. Fraud, impersonation, misrepresentation !
Old Nov 27th 2018, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
The OP should be grateful that the authorities did not pursue him. His actions were criminal. Fraud, impersonation, misrepresentation !
Really?? is it that serious :O :O
Old Nov 27th 2018, 4:20 pm

Possibly. Depends whether you stated you were applying on your sister’s behalf or whether you were pretending to be her when you applied for the visa. Either way it’s not a good idea to apply for a visa for someone else and not tell them. Your sister is now stuck with a visa refusal on her record. If she has applied for another visa in the meantime and not declared her refusal, as she wasn’t aware of it, then you have put her at risk of committing immigration fraud herself. Overall it wasn’t a smart move.
Old Nov 28th 2018, 1:58 am
Just Joined

Possibly. Depends whether you stated you were applying on your sister’s behalf or whether you were pretending to be her when you applied for the visa. Either way it’s not a good idea to apply for a visa for someone else and not tell them. Your sister is now stuck with a visa refusal on her record. If she has applied for another visa in the meantime and not declared her refusal, as she wasn’t aware of it, then you have put her at risk of committing immigration fraud herself. Overall it wasn’t a smart move.
Yeah, what I did turned out to be bad for her future applications. But this was not my intention.

Apart from my stupidity, I would blame it on the convenience of online application, where anyone can fill up a form for anyone. I just filled up the form for her in less than 10 minutes, paid the fee and all done. Everything was done from my personal email address, not hers. No documents (except a copy of passport), not even photographs were provided. I am not shying away from the responsibility, just saying that how easy it is to make this mistake.

And its not that she would not have been made aware during the process as her documents, biometrics etc would have been required. Unluckily, as I mentioned above, the visa application was rejected before even it was complete, we did not provide any documents as we were still deciding whether or not she will visit Australia. I started online app and paid the fee.

Last edited by bilaarshad21; Nov 28th 2018 at 2:02 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.