business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all
Default Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Rogue

Glad to hear you've sorted out your flights. Not long now and you soon be making everyone jealous with your posts of your new life 'down under'

Enjoy your last few months in blighty! Its amazing what you will miss when you get out here.

Another beautiful day here, blue skies and temps in the high 20's. Perfect for me.I'm sitting here in my bedroom overlooking the canal watching the boats go by. It really is lovely....

Have a good day

Love

Sheilax
As the saying goes..."a picture paints a thousand words" if you can what about making us all very jealous and posting some pics from the house and of the house etc?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Well, today is D-day (Dosh Day), the business is set to go thru today, my solicitor is going back and forth with the sellers and it's all set for this afternoon...I don't like sitting here not being in control, but should be sorted...very soon, will post when it's gone thru!!!!

Mark
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unhappy Re: business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Well, Boys and Girls...
The deed is done...

We've finally booked our flights...!!!

This is the Rogue household tonight--->

Sooo... we booked eight tickets: 4 Rogues and 4 Vallies...
You guys weren't kidding were you..??
You know I don't kid around with something this important..!!

Have a good night (or morning to those of you already down-under)

Rogue x

VERY, VERY JEALOUS!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:53 am
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nicola411
Hey Nick Leeson lol
Very sharp... I like it..!!

Originally Posted by nicola411
No I just meant all the usual stuff for example make sure you check all the facts and figures with a recommended solicitor and accountant and remember the most expensive is not always the best. Apparently people see us coming in with a buisness visa and assume we have money and set about taking it off us in all sorts of ways. Eg pensions healthcare etc. You dont need private healthcare on a temp visa if your from the UK due to the reciprocal agreement. I have checked with medicare both in Perth and Queensland. Always negotiate if purchasing a buisness as generally Aussies love to knock money off things.

You can buy an old house as long as you have 12months left on your temp visa you do need firb approval but this generally only takes 24hours.
Also you can then rent this property out after you get your perm residency it is only while you are a temp resident you have to live in a second hand property. With regards to mortgadges you have to put down a 20% deposit whereas perm residents only need a 10% deposit. You can buy buy to lets but they need to be brand new properties.

Schooling fees are exactly the same as perm residents. I cant think of anything else but do post some more if you can think of any.

NIcola
All good stuff... thanks very much. I wasn't aware you could buy buy-to-lets on a temp visa (I thought you needed PR to do that) - that's good news, even if they do have to be brand new.

Cheers,
Rogue.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:58 am
Aussie Citizen

Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wildmark
Well, today is D-day (Dosh Day), the business is set to go thru today, my solicitor is going back and forth with the sellers and it's all set for this afternoon...I don't like sitting here not being in control, but should be sorted...very soon, will post when it's gone thru!!!!

Mark
Hey Markie...

Was just wondering if you'd got it all sorted yet... then I see this post...

Hey everyone else... drinks on Mark tonight...!!!

Let us know the outcome mate

Craig.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

As the saying goes..."a picture paints a thousand words" if you can what about making us all very jealous and posting some pics from the house and of the house etc?
What about this......the view from my office..........Sometimes we get Dolphins by the jetty.
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-dsc00271r1.jpg  
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:13 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
What about this......the view from my office..........Sometimes we get Dolphins by the jetty.
Blimey BB...

That looks like paradise... it beats me how you ever get any work done with a view like that from your office..!!

Sooo... did you find Mrs BB some employment at 'Hooters'..??

See ya,
Rogue.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:19 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by BM615
well, if the offer goes through, we'll be in the new bit of Mt Claremont.
Nice...

But things don't generally work the way you want them to in property here - we have looked in so many areas - two or three nights a week, all day saturdays and sundays - drives you mad
Not nice...

well done on booking your flights - have you decided where you want to live yet? have you booked accomodation for your arrival yet?

bryan
Cheers Bryan...

Give us a chance mate: so far we've narrowed it down from 'Australia' to 'Western Australia'...!!
We're hitting the real-estate sites and narrowing it down some more - so far it's "by the beach"

Seriously though, we're getting there.
As far as accommodation for when we arrive, no - not yet... but as soon as we decide, we'll be shouting your way for some pointers and advice..!!

Hope all's still moving along in the right direction with your place.

All the best mate,
Craig.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:33 am
Aussie Citizen

Originally Posted by midlife crisis
Hi Rogue

Glad to hear you've sorted out your flights. Not long now and you soon be making everyone jealous with your posts of your new life 'down under'

Enjoy your last few months in blighty! Its amazing what you will miss when you get out here.

Another beautiful day here, blue skies and temps in the high 20's. Perfect for me.I'm sitting here in my bedroom overlooking the canal watching the boats go by. It really is lovely....

Have a good day

Love

Sheilax
Cheers Sheila, hope you're all well.

We are, as you say, making the most of our remaining time here. We have been really touched by the number of friends and family who are clamouring to spend quality time with us, "whilst we still can".

Cheers,
Rogue x
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Hey up Bengyboo,

Certainly beats the view form our back window.In the gloom and doom lies Bradford...it certainly is GRIM UP NORTH !!!
Attached Thumbnails business visa 163 anyone got a visa yet?-2005_1129expats0001.jpg  
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Well, Boys and Girls...
The deed is done...

We've finally booked our flights...!!!

Rogue x

Hey up Craig and Sarah,

Is it defo 14 Feb then? Gud on ya mate. We are keeping our powder dry until it's all sorted and something concrete to shout about!!! But all still moving according to plan.
How is your house sale going? Owt happening on that front?

C U soon

Ian
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Markie...

Was just wondering if you'd got it all sorted yet... then I see this post...

Hey everyone else... drinks on Mark tonight...!!!

Let us know the outcome mate

Craig.

Well we were supposed to close today but by the time my solicitor had gone back and forth with the sellers solicitor and finally agreed the terms it was too late to get to my solicitors to sign the docs, so were going to do the deed tommorow at 11am, and there doing a telegraphic transfer at the same time. I have to be back to the office by 1pm as the engineers hire cars are arriving, and I think it would only be fair to let them know whats going on, before a stream of new cars start arriving (They still don't know I have sold the biz)!!!!

I will keep you informed after the deed.

Mark
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

I know I asked but that's just cruel!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wish I had not asked......

Mark

Last edited by wildmark; Nov 30th 2005 at 9:49 am.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

midlife crisis is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I asked but that's just cruel!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wish I had not asked......

Mark
Good luck with your sale today Mark. You'll be celebrating tonight!!!( Or is it still tomorrow night for you?)

Thought you might like to know that today its raining, grey and overcast with thunder storms predicted. Hope that make you feel better, mind you its still 28C!!

Best wishes

Sheila
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

G'day all

Here we are in Perth and lovin it!!

We recently moved into our rental in Secret Harbour. Still waiting for our gear to arrive, so we are surviving on the basics for now.

The kids are all in school and they love it, they all settled in really quickly and made friends easily. My daughter is going on an end of term outing today with her class to the cinema and then to the beach for games and a sausage sizzler in the afternoon. The boys are allowed to use the school basketball, tennis courts and football pitch after school, so they pop home for a snack and then trot off back to the school to play with friends.

All in all we are really happy. I havent had a chance to read all the posts I have missed, I will do that later. Hope everything is going well for you all and the Christmas parties are still on. We just bought a BBQ at the weekend ready for the Xmas rush of 163'ers.

Take care all

Bernie x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.