Bond payment

Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:22 pm
Finally living the dream!

AlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the rough
Default Bond payment

OK, I've paid the $100k bond - how long before I get the visa?? I know I'm impatient but this waiting is killing me. I've searched on austimeline but there don't seem to be many people with bonds to pay (lucky them!).

Do I assume they will try and get me into this years quota?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:45 pm
fingers crossed

heading south is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bond payment

Originally Posted by AlCo
OK, I've paid the $100k bond - how long before I get the visa?? I know I'm impatient but this waiting is killing me. I've searched on austimeline but there don't seem to be many people with bonds to pay (lucky them!).

Do I assume they will try and get me into this years quota?

Any advice would be appreciated.
AlCo

I'm sorting our my bond at the moment and I was curious about this too. This is what my CO emailed in response to my query:

"...as soon as the Treasury advises our office that your
investment has been made. This is usually within a couple of weeks of
investment being approved. Then I will email you the visa grant letter..."

So assuming the people who you've lodged your bond with don't hang about letting your CO know that you're £40k-ish lighter then you should hear within a couple of weeks.

Hope that helps

Heading South
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:58 pm
Finally living the dream!

AlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by heading south
AlCo

I'm sorting our my bond at the moment and I was curious about this too. This is what my CO emailed in response to my query:

"...as soon as the Treasury advises our office that your
investment has been made. This is usually within a couple of weeks of
investment being approved. Then I will email you the visa grant letter..."

So assuming the people who you've lodged your bond with don't hang about letting your CO know that you're £40k-ish lighter then you should hear within a couple of weeks.

Hope that helps

Heading South
Thanks Heading South, I'm assuming my documents were received this week so should be sent on next - I've forwarded the confirmation from the treasury to the case officer that they received the (large sum of) cash so I'm hoping that may speed things up a bit!

Looks like you've got a good exchange rate at the moment, best of luck with that lottery!

Al.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:10 pm
fingers crossed

heading south is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AlCo
Thanks Heading South, I'm assuming my documents were received this week so should be sent on next - I've forwarded the confirmation from the treasury to the case officer that they received the (large sum of) cash so I'm hoping that may speed things up a bit!

Looks like you've got a good exchange rate at the moment, best of luck with that lottery!

Al.
Glad to be of help. The rates do look pretty good at the moment. I just hope it lasts a couple more days until I can sort out my trade.

Cheers

Heading South