British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Bond payment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/bond-payment-379798/)

AlCo Jun 16th 2006 8:22 pm

Bond payment

OK, I've paid the $100k bond - how long before I get the visa?? I know I'm impatient but this waiting is killing me. I've searched on austimeline but there don't seem to be many people with bonds to pay (lucky them!).

Do I assume they will try and get me into this years quota?

Any advice would be appreciated.

heading south Jun 16th 2006 8:45 pm

Re: Bond payment

Originally Posted by AlCo
OK, I've paid the $100k bond - how long before I get the visa?? I know I'm impatient but this waiting is killing me. I've searched on austimeline but there don't seem to be many people with bonds to pay (lucky them!).

Do I assume they will try and get me into this years quota?

Any advice would be appreciated.

AlCo

I'm sorting our my bond at the moment and I was curious about this too. This is what my CO emailed in response to my query:

"...as soon as the Treasury advises our office that your
investment has been made. This is usually within a couple of weeks of
investment being approved. Then I will email you the visa grant letter..."

So assuming the people who you've lodged your bond with don't hang about letting your CO know that you're £40k-ish lighter then you should hear within a couple of weeks.

Hope that helps

Heading South

AlCo Jun 16th 2006 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by heading south
AlCo

I'm sorting our my bond at the moment and I was curious about this too. This is what my CO emailed in response to my query:

"...as soon as the Treasury advises our office that your
investment has been made. This is usually within a couple of weeks of
investment being approved. Then I will email you the visa grant letter..."

So assuming the people who you've lodged your bond with don't hang about letting your CO know that you're £40k-ish lighter then you should hear within a couple of weeks.

Hope that helps

Heading South

Thanks Heading South, I'm assuming my documents were received this week so should be sent on next - I've forwarded the confirmation from the treasury to the case officer that they received the (large sum of) cash so I'm hoping that may speed things up a bit!

Looks like you've got a good exchange rate at the moment, best of luck with that lottery!

Al.

heading south Jun 16th 2006 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by AlCo
Thanks Heading South, I'm assuming my documents were received this week so should be sent on next - I've forwarded the confirmation from the treasury to the case officer that they received the (large sum of) cash so I'm hoping that may speed things up a bit!

Looks like you've got a good exchange rate at the moment, best of luck with that lottery!

Al.

Glad to be of help. The rates do look pretty good at the moment. I just hope it lasts a couple more days until I can sort out my trade.

Cheers

Heading South