Various Medicals Questions

Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:54 pm
Loving Perth!

TheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant futureTheHallidays has a brilliant future
Question Various Medicals Questions

Hi All,

Got our medicals booked for Friday - just filling in the forms which has prompted a few questions!

We're having the x-ray at a different place before the medical - I assume they give us it all sealed up to take along to the medical?

Do they tell you how the x-ray and medical went so you have a good idea if they are OK or not?

Do they have paperwork to do after you have gone before sending it or is it all done while you are there and it's just a matter of them posting it?

I have a form to return to our CO which asks me to return police checks (just waiting for these) and 'evidence of undergoing medical examinations for all family members' - what do they need for this evidence? Will the docs automatically give us something or do we have to ask?

I think that just about covers it!

Cheers,

Jane x
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:57 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Various Medicals Questions

Originally Posted by TheHallidays
Hi All,

Got our medicals booked for Friday - just filling in the forms which has prompted a few questions!

We're having the x-ray at a different place before the medical - I assume they give us it all sealed up to take along to the medical?

Do they tell you how the x-ray and medical went so you have a good idea if they are OK or not?

Do they have paperwork to do after you have gone before sending it or is it all done while you are there and it's just a matter of them posting it?

I have a form to return to our CO which asks me to return police checks (just waiting for these) and 'evidence of undergoing medical examinations for all family members' - what do they need for this evidence? Will the docs automatically give us something or do we have to ask?

Cheers,

Jane x
Hi Jane,

Your X-Rays will be sealed and you take them to the panel Dr.

The Dr. will tell you if the X-Ray is ok and you can ask him if he thinks there are any problems. He doesnt make the final decision LCU do in Sydney but he can tell you if you need anymore tests at the medical.

They need to get the results of the blood tests back before they send it on its usually sent on to LCU within a week.

Take the form back for your CO with you and the Dr can send it along with your medicals.

Don't panic they are nothing to worry about - just expensive !!

Nick
Old Jun 16th 2006, 9:19 pm
fingers crossed

heading south is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Various Medicals Questions

Originally Posted by TheHallidays
Hi All,

Cheers,

Jane x
Jane

Our X-rays were done at a different place to our meds. The X-ray people sent the stuff onto our panel doc themselves.

The doc goes through the paperwork at the session, but it takes time to get the results of the bloods, etc. Our doc called us about a week later to give us a summary of all of our results including the x-ray. All fine and told us that he'd sent the package off to the LCU in Sydney (were on a 136).

I asked him for a receipt that had the date, his stamp and noted it was for meds to Australia. I scanned it and emailed it to our CO as proof that we'd had the appointment, figuring that if there were delays along the line at least she would be satisfied that we'd had the meds done in good time.

All the best with your appointment on Friday.

Heading South