Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Australian DIAC Migration Law Changes – in force from 1 January 2010

Australian DIAC Migration Law Changes – in force from 1 January 2010

Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:42 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: Australian DIAC Migration Law Changes – in force from 1 January 2010

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Would you please clarify something - are you claiming to be "Golly" or are you merely cut'n'pasting someone else's posts and passing them off as your own?
I do not mind being very very clear:

The only cut and paste that has occurred is from an email I received from DIAC in relation to advice I had sent.

Cheers by Golly is mere terminology

Could have been
Cheers old Chap [or whatever]

And I could have signed it

Ozw

But that's superfluous for it has been posted by me.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:28 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: Australian DIAC Migration Law Changes – in force from 1 January 2010

Some further Cut and Pasting Pollyana, more advice to DIAC
Feedback successfully sent
Thank you for your feedback which has been sent to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
The Reference Number for this feedback is: IMMI-10-00426
You will receive an acknowledgement email in the near future.

I understand that this [the 23/9 FAQ] has now been put in the 2009 archives, a link at the bottom of the What's New page, previously not functioning and it is now which is fine.

However, the importance of the 23/9 PP and the inclusion of the CSL link within the FAQ, quite arguably the most overall important bit of Visa Processing Policy to me seems terribly under-rated without a direction to there.

Surely the importance of that advice warrants that until anything new is announced it could have had its stand alone Link at the top of What's New, perhaps even on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/

For whilst agents and others reasonably familiar with the DIAC site will be able to locate the FAQ/CSL, there'll be many and particularly new potential immigrants who'll have no idea whatsoever of the Priority Regime.

The Motto is, is it not?
" People is our Business "
I have not yet received a response but something has happened on the site, ie.
Guess what's back @
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../whats-new.htm at least.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

spring_ioc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,
Can anyone tell me about the authenticity of the news that "Australina DIAC has stopped or slowed down all PR processing".

I have lodged my application on june 1, 2009. My case officer assigned on October 1, 2009. Any prediction about completion of my applicaiton process ???

Thank you.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spring_ioc
Hi There,
Can anyone tell me about the authenticity of the news that "Australina DIAC has stopped or slowed down all PR processing".

I have lodged my application on june 1, 2009. My case officer assigned on October 1, 2009. Any prediction about completion of my applicaiton process ???

Thank you.

There is no authenticity to that rumour whatsoever as visas are still being processed.

You may want to join the June 2009 Applications thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612990

Also read this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637230
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:18 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alfresco
There is no authenticity to that rumour whatsoever as visas are still being processed.

You may want to join the June 2009 Applications thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612990

Also read this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637230
glad to hear that it hasn't slowed down, any slower and I would be getting my application sent back to me.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spring_ioc
Hi There,

Thank you.
Just yet another pointless rumour.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:31 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

hi all

hmmn well this is gonna seem a dumb question but I am concerned will these changes effect me as a nurse? I will be going on either an ens to perth or a 457 to queensland so advice would be welcome thanks

Avi
Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by avi
hi all

hmmn well this is gonna seem a dumb question but I am concerned will these changes effect me as a nurse? I will be going on either an ens to perth or a 457 to queensland so advice would be welcome thanks

Avi
The changes as already announced will not affect you on either a ENS or a 457 as a Nurse and what's to come is the big ? but given that Nursing is on the CSL, an occupation always in demand and the government has a focus on Employer Sponsorship I'd think you can be reasonably confident of no dramatic impact on your plans.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:59 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for that I was feeling kinda nervous about it especially as Im doing all the paperwork myself.

Avi