Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Aus Immigration -Accounting/Accountancy threads merged

Aus Immigration -Accounting/Accountancy threads merged

Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: Accountant not on CSL (not having 7s in all module of IELTS)

Originally Posted by YoSemite
Surely if you've applied for a visa you're in the queue, the CSL only affects the processing priority.

ie. Accountancy is still on the MODL and would be processed as normal. However, those apply for accountancy AND who have completed a graduate year in Australia OR have IELTS of 7 or more would receive priority processing under the CSL.

DIAC website states:
If you want to have your [accountancy] application given priority, you have the option of sitting the IELTS test and gaining a minimum of 7 in each component of the test.

If you meet all the requirements for CSL priority processing already the Department will identify your application as such, and inform you when a CO has been appointed
For accountants not having 7 in IELTS have two options re do IELTS or get SS
(WA,SA,ACT)
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

zee004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aus Immigration -Accounting/Accountancy threads merged

Dear YingYing,

Thanks for ur reply. Could you please tell me how to write down the experience letter for accountant as am going to sign from my employer. What exactly wording should I include and what are the five required duties which I should mention according to DIAC standard for accountants.

Also what other documents I have to provide to show my work experience. Then only thing whihc I can not is the bank statment becuase I get salary in cash will that create any problem.
Need some guidence pl
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Karen25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A quick question for Account Professionals, Please help

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
You have two choices :
1) To have your qualification reassess since Oz Tax Law and Company Law is replaced with the relevant company law and tax law in your country. However, you still need to do the oz version in order to gain full membership
2) Since you are outside Oz, I suggest to google Australian Open University and email them to ask subjects relating to oz tax law and comp. law. Then you need to check with NIA if those subjects are enough.

If I were you I take the 1st option, its does not involve ardous study.

Good Luck.
Dear Induaus,

Sorry for my late reply. Thanks you, Mikoy21, Helloshivhare for your repies. I will try to get re-assessment done. In the meantime I will find out the other universities. I email IDP bangalore, but they said they dont help in this regard, but their website does mention that they help supervise distance education http://www.india.idp.com/examination...ance_educ.aspx .

I hope to be more responsive to this forum. Otherwise i will end up fully confused.

Regards,
Karen25
Old Jun 25th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work experience for accountant need help

Originally Posted by anjanalakmal
This rule is applicable only if you claim Specific Work Experience points which needs 3 yrs experience in past 4 years.

this is what GSM booklet states regarding Skills.

points for Skill
The occupation you nominate must be on the Skilled Occupation List current at the time
you apply (see form 1121i), and should be one which fits your skills and qualifications.
60 points – for most occupations where training is specific to the occupation.
In most cases, you must have a qualification (such as a degree or trade certificate) and
experience which meets the relevant Australian standards and which is specifically
related to your nominated occupation and be able to meet any registration requirements
in Australia. In some cases, experience without formal qualifications may be acceptable.
50 points – for more general professional occupations.
You must have a qualification equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree or higher
qualification (but it need not be specifically related to your nominated occupation).

40 points – for other general skilled occupations.
You must have a qualification equivalent to an Australian diploma or advanced diploma
(but it need not be specifically related to your nominated occupation).
Minor technical glitch with your logic here.

The question was about accountancy, which is a 60 point occupation. This means that highlighting and relying on the requirements for a 50 point occupation could be rather high risk.

Dorothy was right first time around.