Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Aus Immigration -Accounting/Accountancy threads merged

Aus Immigration -Accounting/Accountancy threads merged

Old May 26th 2009, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

zee004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aus Immigration -Accounting/Accountancy threads merged

Hi,

I am going to apply as an accountant and I have got +assessment. My question is that whether DIAC will accept my work experience, I am working in a pharmaceuticals distribution (it is a whole sale distrubtor) not a company i. it does not produce rather distribute and I am working with them as accountant. It does not have too many emplyees (25 employees) and we are getting paid by cash. I am confused should I be able to show this experience though I work full time.
can some one please help me that how should I produced bank statment if I asked because we are paid by cash and does the DIAC accepts the paharmaceuticals distribution.
Old May 26th 2009, 9:21 am
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work experience for accountant need help

Originally Posted by zee004
Hi,

I am going to apply as an accountant and I have got +assessment. My question is that whether DIAC will accept my work experience, I am working in a pharmaceuticals distribution (it is a whole sale distrubtor) not a company i. it does not produce rather distribute and I am working with them as accountant. It does not have too many emplyees (25 employees) and we are getting paid by cash. I am confused should I be able to show this experience though I work full time.
can some one please help me that how should I produced bank statment if I asked because we are paid by cash and does the DIAC accepts the paharmaceuticals distribution.

Dear Zee,

Its not the DIAC that decides about the accepatance of your exp, its the assessing body that has to decide if you have relative/required exp and education. DIAC will verify your exp and education but I don't think they can say you don't have enough exp or you don't have exp required for PR etc etc. If you have +ve assessment from Accounting body and you have required points, then you can go for PR. It does not matter if it was
paharmaceuticals dist or some other org, its your job and your responsibilities during job that DIAC is more interested in.

As far as your bank/salary slips are concerned, hmmm, difficult question but I am sure one can get a solution of this issue as well. Like you can ask you employer to provide you a letter which states your Pays of last years and other details etc on letter pad of your org along with stamps etc.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Old May 26th 2009, 12:44 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Dear Zee,

Its not the DIAC that decides about the accepatance of your exp, its the assessing body that has to decide if you have relative/required exp and education. DIAC will verify your exp and education but I don't think they can say you don't have enough exp or you don't have exp required for PR etc etc. If you have +ve assessment from Accounting body and you have required points, then you can go for PR. It does not matter if it was
paharmaceuticals dist or some other org, its your job and your responsibilities during job that DIAC is more interested in.

As far as your bank/salary slips are concerned, hmmm, difficult question but I am sure one can get a solution of this issue as well. Like you can ask you employer to provide you a letter which states your Pays of last years and other details etc on letter pad of your org along with stamps etc.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
That is completely wrong information. In order to claim points for work experience DIAC can and will require evidence of experience in your nominated profession.
Old May 26th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

YingYing is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have applied as accountant as well, and I can not get signed good condition working reference letter by my current employer as I dont want to let them now Im on my way to Aussie...so my agent suggested me to write a declartion letter which writing in details about my daily work. I am not too sure is that going to be ok or not, anyway my delaration letter was fully covered by the requirement from the DIAC Accountant occupation...Finger cross then...

So, I guess you probably could do the same way like I did my appl. There is no way company line manager would write a big reference with all the details DIAC required I guess.

For the reference of payment, I got a standard reference letter stated when I started with my job, and with couples of month payslip in it. I believe I didnt submit any bank statement. Well, cant really remember that...
Old May 26th 2009, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Hi,

letter of appoinment, Experience letter stating 5 important duties ( Related to an accountant), Increment/promotion letters etc will help you to prove your specific work exp. Bank statements is not only an evidance to prove.

If you dont have ask them to provide.
Old May 27th 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

zee004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any accountant from pakistan

Is there any one who applied or applies as accountant on GSm, share some words
Old May 27th 2009, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any accountant from pakistan

i applied as external auditor
Old May 27th 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

hussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura abouthussain_2206 has a spectacular aura about

Ya accountant 175 GSM
Old May 28th 2009, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Arfan Kazmi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I applied for 136 GSM, Aug-07. Accountant
Old May 28th 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

anjanalakmal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
That is completely wrong information. In order to claim points for work experience DIAC can and will require evidence of experience in your nominated profession.
This rule is applicable only if you claim Specific Work Experience points which needs 3 yrs experience in past 4 years.

this is what GSM booklet states regarding Skills.

points for Skill
The occupation you nominate must be on the Skilled Occupation List current at the time
you apply (see form 1121i), and should be one which fits your skills and qualifications.
60 points – for most occupations where training is specific to the occupation.
In most cases, you must have a qualification (such as a degree or trade certificate) and
experience which meets the relevant Australian standards and which is specifically
related to your nominated occupation and be able to meet any registration requirements
in Australia. In some cases, experience without formal qualifications may be acceptable.
50 points – for more general professional occupations.
You must have a qualification equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree or higher
qualification (but it need not be specifically related to your nominated occupation).

40 points – for other general skilled occupations.
You must have a qualification equivalent to an Australian diploma or advanced diploma
(but it need not be specifically related to your nominated occupation).
Old May 30th 2009, 10:47 am
Banned

Default A quick question for Account Professionals, Please help

Hi,

One of my friend is in final Semester of ICMA and has following exp and education. Can some one please let us know if he would be able to get +ve assessment for 175 from NIA. He has 9 passed subjects out of 12 listed on NIA site.

Education:
ICMA (Last subject remaining, FM)
B.Sc (Maths A, Maths B, Stats)

Exp:
5 + years of exp as Sr.Finance Officer (2 Year) and Financial Controller (3 Year)

There are a lot of Accountants on this forum and we really need assistance in this regard. I am expecting that some one would come up with expert opinion and help us deciding that if my friend will get + ve assessment from NIA.

Regards,
Old May 30th 2009, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: A quick question for Account Professionals, Please help

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Hi,

One of my friend is in final Semester of ICMA and has following exp and education. Can some one please let us know if he would be able to get +ve assessment for 175 from NIA. He has 9 passed subjects out of 12 listed on NIA site.

Education:
ICMA (Last subject remaining, FM)
B.Sc (Maths A, Maths B, Stats)

Exp:
5 + years of exp as Sr.Finance Officer (2 Year) and Financial Controller (3 Year)

There are a lot of Accountants on this forum and we really need assistance in this regard. I am expecting that some one would come up with expert opinion and help us deciding that if my friend will get + ve assessment from NIA.

Regards,
For getting NIA assessment as accountantyou should studied following subjects as a part of your curriculam. ( Its eqv to Oz bachelor deg)

basic accounting
financial and corporate accounting
current issues in accounting (standards and theory)
cost and management accounting
business finance
auditing
introductory law (including contracts)
economics
statistics
computer information systems
taxation law
company law

http://www.nia.com.au/category.asp?c...923&page=#Ans2

Follow this link you will have more idea.

But in your friend's case BSC ( Maths ) will not be a relevant degree for Accountant assessment.( Reg ICMA (?) he suppose to complete that course to get relevant degree to submit to NIA. I am not sure in this statement may be you can ask NIA)
Old May 30th 2009, 11:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
For getting NIA assessment as accountantyou should studied following subjects as a part of your curriculam. ( Its eqv to Oz bachelor deg)

basic accounting
financial and corporate accounting
current issues in accounting (standards and theory)
cost and management accounting
business finance
auditing
introductory law (including contracts)
economics
statistics
computer information systems
taxation law
company law

http://www.nia.com.au/category.asp?c...923&page=#Ans2

Follow this link you will have more idea.

But in your friend's case BSC ( Maths ) will not be a relevant degree for Accountant assessment.( Reg ICMA (?) he suppose to complete that course to get relevant degree to submit to NIA. I am not sure in this statement may be you can ask NIA)

Dear helloshivahere,

Thank You for such a quick response, I really appreciate your help. We have been searching NIA web site to get relevant information. Right now, my friend has following subject stuck in his way of ICMA completion; he has given a last attempt to this subject but he is not sure if will make it through. The subject is "business finance". What if he wont' be able to make it through with ICMA.

Also, while browsing through NIA website, we have found following in Q/A Session: can you please elaborate on this one as well:

if you are a member (by examination) of a professional body without an asterisk, it is likely that your professional qualification is considered comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree.

Regards,
Old May 30th 2009, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Mikoy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is for NIA to decide whether your friend's qualifications are comparable to an Australian degree. The fact that your friend already passed 9 of the 12 core subjectes listed on the NIA website does not mean automatically that they would get a positive assessment.

All the best.
Old May 30th 2009, 11:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikoy21
It is for NIA to decide whether your friend's qualifications are comparable to an Australian degree. The fact that your friend already passed 9 of the 12 core subjectes listed on the NIA website does not mean automatically that they would get a positive assessment.

All the best.
Dear Mikoy,

There will be a criteria under which NIA assesses an application. Like Education, degrees, Exp, age etc

I am an IT professional and our assessing body is ACS. ACS requires one major degree in IT and 4+ years of professional exp to get +ve assessment.
Can you please let me know if such criteria exists by NIA as well?

Regards,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.