August 2008 Applications

Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Harry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really nice
Default Re: August 2008 Applications

Hi All

thought you might be interested to know we uploaded our PCC on monday, i checked our doc checklist today and found that the page had been updated as PCC received on tuesday, gobsmacked that someone has bothered to update the page as most of our other docs remain outstanding, even though they have confirmed safe receipt by email !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Marcman is on a distinguished road

Its got quiet in here so thought id nudge/spark us up again! Helps with this waiting game!

I guess I wanted to find out how many of us have applied for a 175 and are now at the bottom of the pecking tree (new priority system) and what does this really mean.
I've been reading other threads and even before the changes, some 175 applicants are still waiting for a case officer.
Does that mean with the new prioorty system we will wait longer/shorter, its so confusing.
Will the 13th Feb give clearer indications?
I'm not sure if anyone knows, but its nearly 6 months and i was kinda thinking around 7 months for a CO, but thats unlikely reading some other threads, (175) applicants that is.

Can anyone shed light?

Thanks,
Marc.

Last edited by Marcman; Jan 31st 2009 at 9:18 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:09 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Marcman
Its got quiet in here so thought id nudge/spark us up again! Helps with this waiting game!

I guess I wanted to find out how many of us have applied for a 175 and are now at the bottom of the pecking tree (new priority system) and what does this really mean.
I've been reading other threads and even before the changes, some 175 applicants are still waiting for a case officer.
Does that mean with the new prioorty system we will wait longer, short, its so confusing.
I dont expect one know, but its nearly 6 months and i was kinda thinking around 7 months for a CO.

Can anyone shed light?

Thanks,
Marc.
There was a thread up here not long ago that pointed to the DIAC's web-site page showing when the various categories of applicants are due to start getting CO assignments. I can't remember all the details but the first group of applicants (those with state sponsorship) were supposed to all be done by February 13th, at which point the next group of applicants (those on the CSL but who do not have state sponsorship) would start to get their CO assignments.

I'm in that second group so I'm hoping to hear something by late February or sometime in March.

As ever, only time will tell.

- CDM
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Harry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really nice

Originally Posted by CDM
There was a thread up here not long ago that pointed to the DIAC's web-site page showing when the various categories of applicants are due to start getting CO assignments. I can't remember all the details but the first group of applicants (those with state sponsorship) were supposed to all be done by February 13th, at which point the next group of applicants (those on the CSL but who do not have state sponsorship) would start to get their CO assignments.

I'm in that second group so I'm hoping to hear something by late February or sometime in March.

As ever, only time will tell.

- CDM

CDM is correct, DIAC anticipate all employer sponsored and state sponsored will be allocated by 13th feb.........i am not so confident about that as surely the more applications that come in then the further down the list others go.................we applied 176 family sponsored , now applying for state sponsorship as well just to push it on further.......... who knows how these things work ???

anyone done meds yet? we done them on 20th january.......hopefully they will get there this week....?
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

sean1811 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

Has anyone else had the email from the ASPC, saying they are now allocating the COs for applications that were lodged b4 sept 2007 and will be allocated COs by 20th March, all others are not being allocated yet.

Please please please let this be a typo and it should read 2008, I can but live in hope.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

dnunder is an unknown quantity at this point

Application granted - Subclass 886 (State sponsored)

F.Y.I - Total processing duration: 5 months & 10 days

- 22/Aug/2008: Application lodged via online
- 16/Jan/2009: Received email from CO asking for detailed Employment reference letter that was provided to TRA for work experience of 900 hours (I don't know why the CO asked for the doc)
- 20/Jan/2009: Provided the document via email
- 29/Jan/2009: Received 2nd email from CO requesting for Form 1100 from QLD state government
- 30/Jan/2009: QLD state government sent Form 1100 to DIAC
- 02/Feb/2009: PR granted
Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Wal74 will become famous soon enoughWal74 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dnunder

- 16/Jan/2009: Received email from CO asking for detailed Employment reference letter that was provided to TRA for work experience of 900 hours (I don't know why the CO asked for the doc)
- 29/Jan/2009: Received 2nd email from CO requesting for Form 1100 from QLD state government

Hi

CONGRATULATIONS
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dnunder

Congratulation & Celebration
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

vidya.soares is an unknown quantity at this point

hi friends....i'am an architect applied for VE 175 in August 2008.....i am on the MODL but not on the CSL....so how long do you think a case officer will be allocated for me....any archtiects in this forum?....your feeback will be appreciated
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Mac SA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sean1811
Hi Guys

Has anyone else had the email from the ASPC, saying they are now allocating the COs for applications that were lodged b4 sept 2007 and will be allocated COs by 20th March, all others are not being allocated yet.

Please please please let this be a typo and it should read 2008, I can but live in hope.
Unfortunately, I think it is Sept 2007. I hope that it will go quicker than they are suggesting.

My application status changed yesterday to Application being processed further. (I am not convinced that this means I have a CO though).
Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Horsecookie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sean1811
Hey guys
have today submitted our application for a skilled visa, partner has a job offer in Perth, house on the market but not loking good in this climate. Be cool to hear from anyone that submitted begining of Aug to follow the process with.
Hi I am new to this forum...blimey there is so much to search trhough. So I though I'd start here as we lodged our applicatin online via Ian Harrop's at the end of August. I am going on my partners application - skilled independent. He passed the skills assessment and now we are just waiting. Fingers crossed. We are hoping to get a positive (obviously) by Easter and then will travel out to Perth during the summer holidays to get our visa's stamped.

Perth is where we hope to be heading - partner has family out there. But we are hoping to locate in the Rockingingham area. Not sure really but we hope to have a good look around when we visit.

I am quite nervous but lookign forward to it all, just have to wait and see really what our outcome is on our applciation.

Not sure what to ask or what to say really just wanted to introduce myself and go from there.

Thanks
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Horsecookie
Hi I am new to this forum...blimey there is so much to search trhough. So I though I'd start here as we lodged our applicatin online via Ian Harrop's at the end of August. I am going on my partners application - skilled independent. He passed the skills assessment and now we are just waiting. Fingers crossed. We are hoping to get a positive (obviously) by Easter and then will travel out to Perth during the summer holidays to get our visa's stamped.

Perth is where we hope to be heading - partner has family out there. But we are hoping to locate in the Rockingingham area. Not sure really but we hope to have a good look around when we visit.

I am quite nervous but lookign forward to it all, just have to wait and see really what our outcome is on our applciation.

Not sure what to ask or what to say really just wanted to introduce myself and go from there.

Thanks
Hi

Welocme to the August thread!!

We applied beginning of August skilled independent 175 modl and csl (without an agent) done police checks and medical at the end of November 08. Just waiting fot a case officer. (hopefully soon)

Have you done your medical or police checks or are you waiting for a case officer.

Good luck with your application.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wal74
Hi

Welocme to the August thread!!

We applied beginning of August skilled independent 175 modl and csl (without an agent) done police checks and medical at the end of November 08. Just waiting fot a case officer. (hopefully soon)

Have you done your medical or police checks or are you waiting for a case officer.

Good luck with your application.
Wal

Thanks for the reply. No we've not done Police Checks and Medical as yet waiting on a case officer ( I think...agent will let us know when we need o do so)

Wow without an agent how did you manage to get through all the paperwork??

We went through Ian Harrop's they h ave been absolutely fantastic and very supporitve and am very pleased they were there to get us through all the horrid filling in and gathering of stuff...we are useless at things that depend on filing in forms!

We are just wiaiting now...i'm feeling a bit roller coaster about it al and OH is feeling very confident I think by what Ive read on this (fantastic by the way) forum that is typical.

Where are you hoping to locate to?

Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Good luck by the way
Old Feb 21st 2009, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Horsecookie
Good luck by the way
Thank you

We are hopefully heading for Melbourne.

This forum is great for advise/information and I did most of it from here. Just playing the waiting game now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.