August 2008 Applications

Old Nov 15th 2008, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

covphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant future
Default Re: August 2008 Applications

Originally Posted by Harry_Elaine
Hello All

I am sure you have all seen the entries............but there is hope out there.......... i noticed on the BE Update page there has been a visa grant for a 176 who applied on 27th AUGUST 08 and another for someone who applied on 27 April 08................hands up who hates all the waiting !!!!!!
Hi Harry_Elaine, to be honest the waiting is driving me insane but at least we have seen an August 08 applicant getting a visa grant this week, lots of meds have cleared and CO allocations, so hopefully they will have a look at ours sooner rather than later here's hoping
Old Nov 15th 2008, 7:42 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sean1811
Hey guys
have today submitted our application for a skilled visa, partner has a job offer in Perth, house on the market but not loking good in this climate. Be cool to hear from anyone that submitted begining of Aug to follow the process with.
We submitted our 175 ( MODL) in August also. I'm looking forward to getting a CO being assigned as soon as possible. We're planning on front-loading the medicals and police checks in Jan/Feb. I had to go through the RPL route and also did the IELTS test for the extra 10 points.

The visa can't arrive soon enough :-)

- CDM
Old Nov 15th 2008, 7:46 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by covphoenix
Hi Harry_Elaine, to be honest the waiting is driving me insane but at least we have seen an August 08 applicant getting a visa grant this week, lots of meds have cleared and CO allocations, so hopefully they will have a look at ours sooner rather than later here's hoping
Do you know what type of visa? I've been expecting to have to wait for another 6 months or more yet for our 175 MODL e-application.

-CDM
Old Nov 15th 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

covphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant futurecovphoenix has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CDM
Do you know what type of visa? I've been expecting to have to wait for another 6 months or more yet for our 175 MODL e-application.

-CDM
According to lilsweets visa grant watch in the july 2008 thread an august 2008 applicant was granted a 176 visa on tuesday this week, so who knows when any of us could get ours!! we have frontloaded all documents so there is no delay when we eventually get a CO, i too am expecting to wait 6+ months, but if we got it sooner that would be a bonus
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:52 am
Just Joined

101126 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All

I am sure you have all seen the entries............but there is hope out there.......... i noticed on the BE Update page there has been a visa grant for a 176 who applied on 27th AUGUST 08 and another for someone who applied on 27 April 08................hands up who hates all the waiting !!!!!!
Hi Harry_Elaine

what page are you looking at to get this information as i can not find it?

any help appreciated.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:38 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by covphoenix
According to lilsweets visa grant watch in the july 2008 thread an august 2008 applicant was granted a 176 visa on tuesday this week, so who knows when any of us could get ours!! we have frontloaded all documents so there is no delay when we eventually get a CO, i too am expecting to wait 6+ months, but if we got it sooner that would be a bonus
This certainly goes against every other indication that it's going to take 6-8 months just to get a CO assigned doesn't it? What's the difference between a 176 and a 175? Are 176 type visas being handled faster than 175 types?

I checked my status page again and it hasn't changed since the initial electronic application back at the begining of August. It states the following (we haven't front-loaded the medicals ... yet):

Application General Skilled Migration - XXXXXXXXXX
11/08/2008 Application received - processing commenced Message
11/08/2008 Application fee received Message
View your receipt details
Document Checklist

Person 1 Date of birth: XX XXX XXXX Passport No: XXXXXXXXX
11/08/2008 Health requirements outstanding Message
11/08/2008 Medical examination required Message
11/08/2008 Chest X-Ray report required Message
11/08/2008 Chest X-Ray film required Message
11/08/2008 HIV blood test required Message

Person 2 Date of birth: XX XXX XXXX

Person 3 Date of birth: XX XXX XXXX

Person 4 Date of birth: XX XXXX XXXX

At the bottom of this status page, there's a link called 'View entitlement details'. When I follow that link, it takes me to a page full of detals about the visa but most of the entries are blank:

Current date and time Mon Nov 17 08:26:49 EST 2008
Passport number XXXXXXXXX
Visa class/subclass
Visa description
Visa applicant
Visa status
Visa grant date
Visa expiry date
Visa grant number
Entries allowed
Must not arrive after
Period of stay
Visa type No current visa
Included in this visa
Visa conditions

I'm assuming this is the page that we need to check for any changes to the status of the visa application?

- CDM
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by CDM
This certainly goes against every other indication that it's going to take 6-8 months just to get a CO assigned doesn't it? What's the difference between a 176 and a 175? Are 176 type visas being handled faster than 175 types?

I checked my status page again and it hasn't changed since the initial electronic application back at the begining of August. It states the following (we haven't front-loaded the medicals ... yet):

Document Checklist

At the bottom of this status page, there's a link called 'View entitlement details'. When I follow that link, it takes me to a page full of detals about the visa but most of the entries are blank:

Visa class/subclass
Visa description
Visa applicant
Visa status
Visa grant date
Visa expiry date
Visa grant number
Entries allowed
Must not arrive after
Period of stay
Included in this visa
Visa conditions

I'm assuming this is the page that we need to check for any changes to the status of the visa application?

- CDM
I believe 176 visas are the slowest in moving forward. 175 MODL, and regional sponsored 475 are supposed to be the fastest permanent visas. However, it is obvious that DIAC doesn't follow a certain pattern in processing applications, no one can really tell how long a visa will take for granted.

Your application status page is long. Being single, my page doesn't show half what your page shows, lol.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Marcman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CDM

Document Checklist

Visa class/subclass
Visa description
Visa applicant
Visa status
Visa grant date
Visa expiry date
Visa grant number
Entries allowed
Must not arrive after
Period of stay
Included in this visa
Visa conditions

- CDM
My says the same, logged 28th Aug and .....
Old Nov 17th 2008, 7:53 am
CDM
BE Enthusiast

So, what would typically be the next indication that 'something happened'?

- CDM
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CDM

Visa class/subclass
Visa description
Visa applicant
Visa status
Visa grant date
Visa expiry date
Visa grant number
Entries allowed
Must not arrive after
Period of stay
Included in this visa
Visa conditions

- CDM
On my screen this has all the details of my paasport and current 457 visa. attached to that passport.

Note on your screen it says no current visa because you have not been granted one yet.

Last edited by man_called_Horse; Nov 17th 2008 at 11:10 am.
Old Nov 18th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Harry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really niceHarry_Elaine is just really nice

Originally Posted by CDM

-CDM
Hello CDM

I saw it on BEupdate, people list when they have applied for visa's etc and when granted CO's, etc etc. It is worth a look but dont get too bogged down or reliant on it, there is absolutely no ryhme or reason or system as to how and when the grant visa's, in my view it is all down to your Donald Duck !!!!!!

H&E
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:09 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

Hello CDM

I saw it on BEupdate, people list when they have applied for visa's etc and when granted CO's, etc etc. It is worth a look but dont get too bogged down or reliant on it, there is absolutely no ryhme or reason or system as to how and when the grant visa's, in my view it is all down to your Donald Duck !!!!!!

H&E
Looks like there are at least some August 08 applicants with COs already and a couple of visa grants too so there's still hope yet :-)

- CDM
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

csutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nicecsutka71 is just really nice

Hi everyone,
We have applied on the 26th of august online had comfirmation same day, going on a 175 modl with job offer letter attached, I hope that will make some difference in the processing time. I am a reg. nurse and secured a job in Perth, expected there in october '09. My OH had his skilled assessed also with the TRA and approved so that may help also, I am not really sure if any of these details will make a difference in the long run though. We are waiting with the meds and police checks till we get a case officer. Our house is not on the market yet and I think that we will get the visa before we sell the house as the market looking at the moment.
Good luck to everyone.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Originally Posted by csutka71
Hi everyone,
We have applied on the 26th of august online had comfirmation same day, going on a 175 modl with job offer letter attached, I hope that will make some difference in the processing time. I am a reg. nurse and secured a job in Perth, expected there in october '09. My OH had his skilled assessed also with the TRA and approved so that may help also, I am not really sure if any of these details will make a difference in the long run though. We are waiting with the meds and police checks till we get a case officer. Our house is not on the market yet and I think that we will get the visa before we sell the house as the market looking at the moment.
Good luck to everyone.
Keep updating us about your application satatus, it would be good to see the effect of a job offer on processing time.

Good luck
Old Dec 5th 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Cameron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody!

I just discover this thread, and I want to join in. I'm an August 08 applicant. I send my application online in 06 Aug. I get my assessment letter for Chemical Eng on 11 July 08 in 4 days after the documents arrive to EAust!

I come for a high risk country - Romania, and I'm waiting for my CO somewhere in 12+ months. I will continue to follow up this thread and hope for the best!

Good luck to everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.