AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi Caroline - who did you ship Basil with ??
Hi we used Airpets. Tried Ladyhaye but they weren't willing to give a price over the phone. Airpets were very helpful from the very first phone call. We dealt with Cheryl and she was brilliant. Even when Baz failed his blood test she phoned to tell us before our vet did and reassured us he would be fine on the second test. If we'd listened to our vet we'd have been in a major panic.
Will let you know how he's doing on Wednesday. Whilst having a dog lessens the number of rentals you can go for, I could not have left him - everyone seems to have a dog here!!
Caroline
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Thanks Caroline - we feel the same way - couldn't bear to leave them behind - but aware that it narrows the pool of rental options.

My sister says I just have to say that they're outdoor dogs and hopefully we'll be okay.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Thanks Caroline - we feel the same way - couldn't bear to leave them behind - but aware that it narrows the pool of rental options.

My sister says I just have to say that they're outdoor dogs and hopefully we'll be okay.
That's what we've been told. Also we were told to get references from UK neighbours to say we are responsible dog owners and that our dog is of no problem to the neighbourhood and that our house is clean and tidy and well looked after. We were told not to mention the dog but just slip the reference in amongst our paperwork.

Off to bed now, good night, will update you Wednesday x
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

flump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the roughflump is a jewel in the rough

Hi Caroline,

glad u r enjoying it too, how long have you been there?? we visited oz last yr( just me and hubby, so the kids are quite eager to see what its like) we only drove north last time and didn't really stop and have a look, we seemed to concentrate south of perth but being in quinns this time will give us chance to explore north of the river.
hope to update u when we arrive!!

claire
x
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:31 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Flump, Deciding to stay is a great idea . We had never been here before and couldn't afford to take a recie - but I just knew that deep down that we were going to love it here
There seems to be plenty of work here so no worries on that front. And as for the kids..... they'll be the easiest of all. Everyone here has been so welcoming - especially at the school.
Good luck with the packers/containers. We shipped our stuff over too and it was so good unpacking all our familiar stuff. I think it made us settle in better. Keep us all posted.

Vito, I'm sure you'll hear soon. Now you have a case officer and all the documentation is in I'm sure its only a matter of days/weeks I always advise people to use the waiting time to research/organise stuff for when you get there. Anything to pass the time away.

Mr Benn and Hairart, Fingers crossed you'll hear something soon. Its must be awfully frustrating to be so close. At least house prices and interest rates are coming down here so the drop in UK prices won't be too severe

Carolinemaria, yes would certainly love to try and meet up with you and some Perth Augustees. There are about 60 of us landing there for a wedding at the end of the month . Can't wait. Looks like a beautiful place. I love Melbourne but the weather is SO changeable (Can't complain though)

Irish Gal
Old Nov 4th 2008, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flump
Hi Caroline,

glad u r enjoying it too, how long have you been there?? we visited oz last yr( just me and hubby, so the kids are quite eager to see what its like) we only drove north last time and didn't really stop and have a look, we seemed to concentrate south of perth but being in quinns this time will give us chance to explore north of the river.
hope to update u when we arrive!!

claire
x
Hi Claire.

We flew out Oct 21 and arrived 22nd - so it's all very new to us. Kids will be off school til end Jan as we need to find a long term rental and suitable schools (kids are 15, 13 and nearly 6). The North has a lot of very new suburbs, whilst the South seems more established. To be honest we'd be happy in either, but will probably stick North as we are getting to know it living here already. Our rental is furnished and our own furniture should arrive December. We're all very chilled and loving it so far. We have the foxtel guy in at the moment (sky), and he's from Warrington - same as us - weird!!!

Irish Gal - the weather here is changeable. At the weekend the kids were in the pool, today it's been rainy and cold!!!

Take care
Caroline
Old Nov 4th 2008, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

huiyin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zimba
Hi all waiting Augustees, I have today recieved a request through the agent from my CO, asking for a fresh police clearance which I sent immediately. Am I correct to say that we should have the visas pretty soon or say within a week?
Zimba, congratulation? Could you please let me know which country you live? high risk or low risk? what's occupation? occupation in demand? apply date??
Thank you
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:18 am
Just Joined

vanillaoz will become famous soon enough

Hi all waiting Augustees, I have today recieved a request through the agent from my CO, asking for a fresh police clearance which I sent immediately. Am I correct to say that we should have the visas pretty soon or say within a week?
Congratulations on the CO allocation ! l really hope you get your visa soon!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hi Vito and welcome.

Not sure about the next few days. There seems to be no pattern. All I can say is that if your CO is in touch and everything has been sent then that is a good thing. They did say at one point that they hoped to clear Aug 2007 by end of this Nov - good luck.

Mr Benn and Hairart - good luck with the house sales, even if you have to drop, it's worth remembering that prices are also dropping here plus you could get the $21,000 first time buyers grant if you buy new. We won't be able to buy just yet as we didn't sell in the UK.

Irish Gal - what a fab place for a wedding, Hillarys is a beautiful place - shame I'll never afford to live there. Let us know when you're over, I'm sure some of us Perth Augustees would love to meet up with you.

Take care
Caroline
Hi Caroline, did they really say that they hope to clear Aug2007 by end of this month? May l know where did you see this info from? Anyway would you know what clearance it means, CO allocations or visa grants? Would appreciate your reply. Thanks.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:29 am
Just Joined

zimba, may l know which region is your CO from?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:40 am
Just Joined

zimba is an unknown quantity at this point

vanillaoz - CO from region 5
Old Nov 4th 2008, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

vanillaoz - CO from region 5
Thanks zimba!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vanillaoz
Hi Caroline, did they really say that they hope to clear Aug2007 by end of this month? May l know where did you see this info from? Anyway would you know what clearance it means, CO allocations or visa grants? Would appreciate your reply. Thanks.
Hi

This info was posted on the Aug thread by someone who had phoned the embassy chasing her own visa at the time. I think it was claire Hopkins. Don't know any more details.

Good Luck

Melbourne Baz is doing fine. We were allocated a massive area to exercise him. Each dog had their own run for exercise with their owners. The other dogs sniffed and walked round bemused. Not my Basil, he tore round at 100miles per hour with his big ears flapping - as happy as larry. Doubt he's even noticed anything strange has happened to him.
We're going again tomorrow.
We took him a soft toy and some chews as I imagine they can get a bit bored. I slept with the toy up my tshirt so it had my scent - problem was it had a loud squeak and everytime I turned over it squeaked!!!!

Cheers
Caroline
Old Nov 6th 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Guys I have no reason to post today other than to say hello to my fellow Aug 07 applicants. We have had our visa for 6 days now, and the fact that we are actually going to move is finally sinking in. We have not allowed ourselves to think in the definitives until now.....and there is a great sense of relief and excitement in this new life chapter that is about to unfold.
Over the course of the last 6 days, we have listed our properties, and the sale of them will be the deciding factor on the timings of the move. As we all know, the market is terrible at the moment, so we will get a better feel for how things are going in a month or two.
The hardest thing for us at the moment is not being able to talk about this move to anyone. This island is very very small, and business and social overlap, and we cannot afford to close doors (we are self employed) as we need to continue to earn in the immediate short term. So our friends do not even know that we are leaving (or that we even applied in the first place!), and neither does our 5 year old daughter (and I SOOOOO want to share with her!). I am finding that tough. So, we are selling our properties incognito - telling the real estate agents that we have a new business venture and need the cash flow (not a lie!).
So - I am glad to share with my anonymous, faceless friends on this forum !! Feels safe !

To those of you still waiting (and their shouldn't be many), patience.....the darkest hours of the day are just before dawn.....and the sun is about to rise !

Take care
Nix
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:28 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Hi Nix,
What a lovely post. I really don't know how you've been able to contain the excitement - especially with your 5 year old - but you are doing the right thing. Besides the fact that you'll be wanting to keep business contacts, you'll be sick and tired of everyone constantly asking you when you are going etc.

I know Melbourne had to keep things bottled up for a long time too - even with close friends. A big Hooray from US though - your fellow Augustee friends!
Irish Gal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.