Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Hsherriff will become famous soon enoughHsherriff will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

I have a question hopefully someone can answer.
Our CO aked for one more police check this time from Oman and they said one they get that they are ready to finalise.
We are waiting on it coming from Oman not sure how long it will take to get here.
Meantime because we are getting closer we were trying to figure out when they would give us a date to go activate our visa, if they accept us.
Our police reports from Belgium run out at end April and the UK ones at start of May.
If I understand things correct they will prob give us a date for our visas to be activated a week before out police check runs out in April. Is this correct?

The next question being is that if we get new police checks now from UK and Belgium and we get it to them before we send the Oman one will it give us longer to activate or you think they will stick with the other ones.
Starting to think its all going to be a last minute rush the way things are going.
Any ideas.
Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Hsherriff will become famous soon enoughHsherriff will become famous soon enough

Any Suggestions to my previous question?
cheers
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Sorry I can't help you - I've no idea really - we did our meds before the pcc and we have to validate by the same date as the meds were done (obviously one year later).
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks I think it is prob one year from either the medical or police checks whichever runs out sooner.
We decided to get new Belgian police checks as there will be pretty fast to get so we will have at least until the Uk police checks run out in May I know its not that much longer but a couple weeks is better than none.
Our medical run out the end of June.
Lets just hope they grant us the Visa regardless of the date :-)
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hsherriff
I have a question hopefully someone can answer.
Our CO aked for one more police check this time from Oman and they said one they get that they are ready to finalise.
We are waiting on it coming from Oman not sure how long it will take to get here.
Meantime because we are getting closer we were trying to figure out when they would give us a date to go activate our visa, if they accept us.
Our police reports from Belgium run out at end April and the UK ones at start of May.
If I understand things correct they will prob give us a date for our visas to be activated a week before out police check runs out in April. Is this correct?

The next question being is that if we get new police checks now from UK and Belgium and we get it to them before we send the Oman one will it give us longer to activate or you think they will stick with the other ones.
Starting to think its all going to be a last minute rush the way things are going.
Any ideas.
Thanks
It would probably be the one from April - and I think it's 1 year from the date stamped on the Police Checks - not 1 week before.

As to replacing the police checks - yes, you can do that and they'll work off the new ones. There was a VISA grant on the MAY thread this week that received the grant, then a cancel because the CO had used the first PCCs and not the replacement ones. The VISA was then regranted with the Newer/replacement PCCs =

Hope all that made sense
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks that's great.
We had hoped to be moving at the end of April. We were just worried it would be earlier. We have to work around work dates etc so a but of a tight fit trying to get it in. However we waited so long we would find a way to get there regardless.

Thanks again
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hsherriff
Thanks that's great.
We had hoped to be moving at the end of April. We were just worried it would be earlier. We have to work around work dates etc so a but of a tight fit trying to get it in. However we waited so long we would find a way to get there regardless.

Thanks again

You just might want to communicate with your CO via email about your thoughts on replacing the PCCs. Just to keep things straight.

As we saw with the MAY Grant, the VISA was issued initially with the "wrong" date.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Yes I shall do that. Good Idea. They waiting on us sending a police clearance from Oman. I think my hubby has the most police clearances send to a CO ever lol.

Thanks again
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice

We been waiting 5 weeks and thankfully our buyers have got their mortgage sorted our lawyer has sent over contract for them to sign so fingers crossed we hear something today, so we can get those flights booked.

Gillian
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Colly-Gill
We been waiting 5 weeks and thankfully our buyers have got their mortgage sorted our lawyer has sent over contract for them to sign so fingers crossed we hear something today, so we can get those flights booked.

Gillian
where you heading to?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice

Originally Posted by the4ofus
where you heading to?
Hi the4ofus,

We're off to Brisbane, hoping to be going in 3-4 weeks time as soon as these missives are signed then we'll get on with booking flights. How long have you been in Australia?

Gillian
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Just logging in to moan.....
Got a standard reply from DIAC last night, in reply to my email query on the status of my application:

"Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s
General Skilled Migration programme.

All applications are processed in the date order that they were received
at our office. Your application has not yet been allocated to a case
officer. I appreciate your frustration with the delays but as we are now
allocating cases lodged 13th July 2007 & yours was lodged 23rd August
there should not be much more of a wait until your file is allocated to
a case officer.

For information on current allocation dates of applications, please send
a blank email to:
[email protected]

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Once your application has been allocated to a case officer you will
receive further instructions if we require any additional documents to
process your application."

I just don't know how much longer I can wait......if I had a CO, I think I would feel a little different.
I think maybe I am having a bad day - tomorrow I will feel better.

Till then.....

Nix
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:42 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Just logging in to moan.....
Got a standard reply from DIAC last night, in reply to my email query on the status of my application:

"Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s
General Skilled Migration programme.

All applications are processed in the date order that they were received
at our office. Your application has not yet been allocated to a case
officer. I appreciate your frustration with the delays but as we are now
allocating cases lodged 13th July 2007 & yours was lodged 23rd August
there should not be much more of a wait until your file is allocated to
a case officer.

For information on current allocation dates of applications, please send
a blank email to:
[email protected]

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Once your application has been allocated to a case officer you will
receive further instructions if we require any additional documents to
process your application."

I just don't know how much longer I can wait......if I had a CO, I think I would feel a little different.
I think maybe I am having a bad day - tomorrow I will feel better.

Till then.....

Nix

A week before we got our visa we had a similar email saying we didn't have a CO, utter bullsh*t! So don't read too much into it.

If nothing else, at least you've made them look at your file, which is a very good thing. Hope you hear soon.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi Nix

You poor thing - looking for the positives - at least it's a little personal and acknowledges your frustration - not that that helps you in any way !!

I have absolutely everything crossed that you'll hear soon.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Thanks Melbourne and Mary1967.......thanks for the support. And Mary1967 I hope you are right !!!!!!

I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers!
Nix

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.