AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

G'day My Lovelies,

Congrats on the visa grants and sorry Nix and Mike that still no sign of a case officer, also good luck for the rest of the week.

Well we are on day six and My man Paul got himself a fab job with excellent pay and benefits today that includes a company vehicle (a Ute,that aint going to be a crap one as the other managers drive BMW's & Mercs, I am well excited about driving that).

Still can't believe we are here and I love going in to Perth city as the scenery and views are beautiful, we were up at Kings Park at the weekend as we had to celebrate another Fathers Day.

We have done a little shopping at the Good Guys as they had 15% off everything on Saturday this is what we bought: 42" LG Flatscreen Plasma, 2 x 21" LG Slimline TV's for the kids, Vax Vaccuum, Morphy Richards Iron, a massive plush Sunbeam Ironing Board, Breville Stainless Toaster & Kettle, LG DVD player the lot came to $1985 which we thought was great that converts to about £950 ish, Things like homewares seem OK price wise, bedding is sooo expensive it cost us about $350 to kit out with the cheapest bedding for 3 beds, 1 queen and 2 doubles. We also managed to order a lovely Queen bed suite of Bed, 2 bedside chests and 5 drawer chest & decent mattress for just under $1900, so all we have to do now is find a permanent rental which we will be cracking onto tomorrow.

I hope this helps, Debbidoos I will PM you later in the week, Mottie if you fancy a meet up pm me your telephone number.

Speak soon!

Loads of Love Claire, Paul, Jordan and Anya - PR of Western Australia Yeah No Worries!!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Hi Claire

Great to hear everything is falling into place and that you are all loving Perth. Can't wait until it is our turn Am sick to death of cleaning everything as the shippers are coming tomorrow Must seem like a distant memory to you now. Thinking about buying a laptop - any suggestions anyone ? as I don't think I could last on only an hour here and there at the local library.
Where abouts are you looking for a rental? Steven has been offered a job in Bunbury ( the area that we fancy) but not sure if he is going to take it or hold out to see if something else comes along. Did your hubby just apply for his job when he got out there?

Clare & Blue - Great news on that golden ticket & happy anniversary to you both.

Caroline - Hope we have the same luck finding tenants. We are advertising our house in the next couple of weeks.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tayles
Hi Claire

Great to hear everything is falling into place and that you are all loving Perth. Can't wait until it is our turn Am sick to death of cleaning everything as the shippers are coming tomorrow Must seem like a distant memory to you now. Thinking about buying a laptop - any suggestions anyone ? as I don't think I could last on only an hour here and there at the local library.
Where abouts are you looking for a rental? Steven has been offered a job in Bunbury ( the area that we fancy) but not sure if he is going to take it or hold out to see if something else comes along. Did your hubby just apply for his job when he got out there?

Clare & Blue - Great news on that golden ticket & happy anniversary to you both.

Caroline - Hope we have the same luck finding tenants. We are advertising our house in the next couple of weeks.
Hi Tayles,

We are thinking Baldivis, Port kennedy or Secret Harbour, as we like being south of Perth, Paul did get the interview when we got here, he had been in contact with some agencies beforehand and did have a 2nd interview with a company yesterday after a telephone interview a few weeks ago but it was permanent nights and the money was a lot less than he was told.

As far as a laptop goes, we bought one the week before we left and purchased a 3 dongle from Currys that we were assured would work over here and yeah you guessed it it didnt, so we got a Optus dongle for mobile broadband that you top up like a mobile which seems to be ok, laptops are very expensive here, we got a Toshiba 17.5" with built in webcam etc for £400.

Bunbury is meant to be nice but approx 190km from Perth City so quite a way down, we didn't want to be that far down and we are liking the vicinity of where we are at the moment but not liking the rental we have for the next three weeks, so as soon as we find another permanent rental we will move out a lot earlier it is literally on top of a roundabout on a very busy main road and no they don't have double glazing over here so very noisy and the house was pretty minging when we arrived and I am loathed to clean up someone elses crap, the oven is sooo dirty I wouldnt put anything in it, I feel its not my job to clean it so I will manage cooking on the hob, the woman reckons she has a cleaner for it, if thats the case she needs sacking, the vacuum don't work, I am not going to use my brand new one on her rugs, so all in all the sooner we find another rental the better, sod the $2,600 we have paid for it.

Well Erica, I hope this helps.

Speak soon

Claire x
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

hi Claire

Thanks - hate to ask but can't remember who you booked your rental with - Pm if you don't want to broadcast it. God i hope it isn't the same one as we did

Sorry forgot to ask how easy is it to get this dongle thingy fraid I'm not very up on the technology and how much did it cost

Thanks again

erica

Last edited by tayles; Sep 9th 2008 at 1:43 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Wish I knew what a dongle was !!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tayles
hi Claire

Thanks - hate to ask but can't remember who you booked your rental with - Pm if you don't want to broadcast it. God i hope it isn't the same one as we did

Sorry forgot to ask how easy is it to get this dongle thingy fraid I'm not very up on the technology and how much did it cost

Thanks again

erica
Hi Erica,

A dongle is a USB looks like a memory stick that plugs in to the laptop/computer, that has a sim card to go in it with a number that you topup with just like a prepaid mobile phone we just went into an Optus shop in the mall it cost $199 dollars and that included $30 topup that gives you 2 GB download, which will give you enough to surf a few hours a day for 30 days if you don't download a huge amount.

The rental was through www.stayz.com.au (Tropical Gardens)

Hope this helps Erica and you can ask me as many questions as you like.

Claire x
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:17 pm
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Originally Posted by claretandblue
We've got our visas!!!!!!!!

It's our wedding anniversary today as well, so we'll definately be popping the bubbly tonight!!!!

Rachel
Congratulations on your Visa and Happy Anniversary.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

It's our wedding anniversary today as well, so we'll definately be popping the bubbly tonight!!!!

Rachel
great news guys!!!!!!!!! that sure was quick - congrats!!!

and happy anniversary
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

Rachel

coatulations really pleased for you and your family
take care
michelle
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:21 pm

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

Rachel
Woooooooo, fantastic news.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 5:25 pm

hi all . dropped our house by £35k and sold 4 hours later. i think if price reflects market value go for it, it may get worse before it .......well picks up
Old Sep 9th 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Thanks to everybody for your kind words.

Congratulations to Dinner Dash on your house. At least your house has sold, even with a lower price.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:45 am

whoops.

anyone know about Robina in Queensland
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough

Huge Congrats to Claretandblue on visa grant and to Dinnerdash on house sale !!!!!!
Good luck to all still wtg !
Old Sep 10th 2008, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
hi all . dropped our house by £35k and sold 4 hours later. i think if price reflects market value go for it, it may get worse before it .......well picks up

congratulations on house sale, and hold on to your buyers really tight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.