Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Good morning everyone
We are finally here!!After a very long and emotional journey, the goodbye's were the hardest thing we have had to deal with
Eventually landed sunday morning at about 11am (delay of about 28 hours due to weather) sorry we haven't logged on sooner, but so much to do, so little time!
We are stopping at my sister's house at the moment while we are trying to find a rental, which seems to be quite difficult to find a decent one.We have seen some real states which need some serious updating!! Going to look at a few more at the weekend so fingers crossed we might get something soon.We are stopping in Kyneton which is about an hour's drive from Melbourne the town feels like a little village with lots of little coffee shops, boutiques etc.
have aready landed myself a job the day after i arrived and they want me to start on Monday, doesn't give me much time to settle but at least one of us is working so the money is already coming in-the money is a bit tight at the mo as we still haven't sold our house in the uk yet! Wages over here are a lot better than in the UK i've been offered double the UK wage so that's good news !
Yesterday we spent the day sorting out medicare, tfn numbers etc and today we are looking into schools for our little boy, rang afew yesterday , who have vacancies so we are going to look round them today, also have to look into getting myolder son who's 16 an apprenticeship in building, there seems to be alot more opportunities over here for everyone.
So far so good, especially when we get our own place, even though it's great to spend time with my family and they have made us very welcome to stay as long as we want it always feels better when you have your own place.
Everyone here seems very friendly and they always ask how are you going?, even the lady at the Westpac branch welcomed us to Australia and said they had been looking forward to meeting us,don't think i've had that kind of welcome in UK! Even though we have only been here a few days we feel as though we have made the right decision so far, so long may this continue.
So for all those about to make the journey or waiting for visas good luck it is worth it in the end!
Anyway speak soon
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

harrycharlie will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Inglewhite;6718335]Good morning everyone
We are finally here!!After a very long and emotional journey, the goodbye's were the hardest thing we have had to deal with
Eventually landed sunday morning at about 11am (delay of about 28 hours due to weather) sorry we haven't logged on sooner, but so much to do, so little time!
We are stopping at my sister's house at the moment while we are trying to find a rental, which seems to be quite difficult to find a decent one.We have seen some real states which need some serious updating!! Going to look at a few more at the weekend so fingers crossed we might get something soon.We are stopping in Kyneton which is about an hour's drive from Melbourne the town feels like a little village with lots of little coffee shops, boutiques etc.
have aready landed myself a job the day after i arrived and they want me to start on Monday, doesn't give me much time to settle but at least one of us is working so the money is already coming in-the money is a bit tight at the mo as we still haven't sold our house in the uk yet! Wages over here are a lot better than in the UK i've been offered double the UK wage so that's good news !

Good to hear you arrived safe and well done on the job we got here last thursday told we cant do medicare till been in country for 10 days and can't get tax file no till we have medicare sorted hubby changed driving licence today i need to do test to get learners even though i have a provisional as they can't swop it over bit of a joke. kids started school monday and they are enjoying it and hubby started work monday so he's knackered only me to get sorted now. looking at rentals this evening so fingers crossed something goes right today.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

Thanks harrycharlie
Yes everything seems to be going ok at the moment .I had emailed 123careers.com my cv last week from the Uk and applied on line through the website.On monday they rang my sister's house at 10am and asked me to go for an interview at 2pm by 2.45pm i had been offered a job as a room leader in the 3-5 year old room, they wanted me to start Monday as they are so shortstaffed but have just found out i need to do police check first and working with children check so as soon as they come back i am ok to work.If
you're thinking of working soon i would apply for police check at local police station and send off in post,( 29 dollars) Working with children check is available from post office and take back there with photo (about 73 dollars)so at least you will have them ready if you want to start work in the next few weeks.I don't think you will have a problem getting work as there is a severe shortage of childcare workers in Oz.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

The 2 of us Hugh Congratulations, about bloody time as well. Really happy for u

Originally Posted by Inglewhite
Good morning everyone
Yesterday we spent the day sorting out medicare, tfn numbers etc and today we are looking into schools for our little boy, rang afew yesterday , who have vacancies so we are going to look round them today, also have to look into getting myolder son who's 16 an apprenticeship in building, there seems to be alot more opportunities over here for everyone.
So far so good, especially when we get our own place, even though it's great to spend time with my family and they have made us very welcome to stay as long as we want it always feels better when you have your own place.
Everyone here seems very friendly and they always ask how are you going?, even the lady at the Westpac branch welcomed us to Australia and said they had been looking forward to meeting us,don't think i've had that kind of welcome in UK! Even though we have only been here a few days we feel as though we have made the right decision so far, so long may this continue.
So for all those about to make the journey or waiting for visas good luck it is worth it in the end!
Anyway speak soon
Great to hear you have arrived safe and sound. Enjoy it!
love Shabee
x
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Well I have got my leaving party on Friday and really not looking forward to it. Probably get really drunk and bubble the whole night lol!

Wish I did not have to do it, I would rather book my flights and just go. Selfish or what. But is seems to be expected of us to have a party.

We had a meal with my close family last week and I could not believe how low I felt afterwards. I am going to miss them so much.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by home alone
hi! Carolinephillips, just noticed your reply, for yesterday, you mentioned Jordan, and medication? although I've seen many of your posts, I don't remember, anything before, ref; Jordan? My grandson, Jayden has been a patient, at The Princess Margaret Hosp; for two and a half years, he has leukaemia; The first year was a bit rough, but despite a few set backs, he is on the up, his hair has grown back so curly He was 9 in July. I have worked with many hospitals in the UK mostly in Hampshire, and I rate The PMH, in Perth, 1st class, sorry to hear of your 'struggle' with moving, but wish you all the best for the future, who knows, we might meet up one day, we will be moving to Bunbury, next year. X
Er it wasn't me it was a post by Carolinemaria that I was quoting- to send her a bit of sympathy, and it definitely says Jordan in it- I only have a duaghter and I have just arrived in Sydney!!!
Glad Jayden is getting better
talk to Carolinemaria!!
Best wishes
Caroline
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:57 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by silverfrank
hi caroline,please don"t feel alone and upset about the latest tenancy setback (i hope you can feel my arm around your shoulder when i say) your mum and i love you all to bits and are right behind you and the gang in your efforts to move to oz.we"ll be at your side to support you when plans do"n t run smooth -never forget that! ca"nt wait to share the oz adventure with you soon in perth.

ps. is billy coming round tomorrow?

love silverfrank.

You made me cry SilverFrank.................. What a lovely message

I'm sure it'll work out for you Caroline, let me know how you get on!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

This is for Frank - what a truly lovely thing to post - Caroline is a lucky girl !!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:17 am
Just Joined

sudhan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by montysidhu78
Hi,

I have been reading this thread from the day one. I am very happy to see that most of us have already got the visas and are in OZ. But for rest of us.. there is only one word

WAIT

Well dats how life goes... anyhow..i have seen replies from india also. The place where i live. My fellow people: -

sydney_india
madhavshastri
huiyin
sudhan
ashifkadiwal
yoddha

There is a long wait for us so don't pack your baggage as far as 136 is concerned. I think it will take another 3-4 months before we hear anything from them... try to be in touch through this thread and keep us updated about each other...because its now us who have to keep this thread ALIVE...lol
Very true dear......
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Isn't it wierd to see an August 2008 thread ?
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:54 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Melbourne

Weird
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Damn frustrating for those of us still waiting for a CO !!!

I am about to go and phone ASPC....last time was 29 July, so I guess I can bug them again......
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

montysidhu78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah your right Melbourne... its 1 year now.... and still we have so many connected to this thread...
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:40 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Claire Hopkins & Linindsayc,safe journey and a happy future in your new lives down under.

Good luck

Mark
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Sorry about that, carolinephillips, probably too much vino, and too many carolines ????????? Hope carolinemaria picked up my message! Regards Lin

Last edited by home alone; Aug 27th 2008 at 6:12 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.