Wikiposts

AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of
Default Re: How many more of us still waiting ??

Originally Posted by The2ofus
To be honest dont think they want us........ nearly 12 months now an no decision
Chin up chuck, jsut think how good you will feel when it does arrive
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:42 pm
Vickie

vickie will become famous soon enoughvickie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Just bumping up the thread- can't stand seeing us on page 2. Hopefully every one waiting will be in the club soon!

Love Vic X
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:26 pm
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Am checking in everyday and cannot believe there have been next to no visa grants this week.

Really feel for all you guys still waiting.

Try to think positive (I know it is difficult) you WILL get there in the end. Sending you all karma and prayers that you hear very very soon.

Mary
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

hrubieszowianka is on a distinguished road

A word of advice for all waiting for visa, not a serious one, but after a year of waiting I was happy to try anything. I can't remember if I already published it here referring to house sale, but it works for anything. It is feng shui (I know it sounds ridiculous). You need a small box with a lid, write a thank you note with a new pen (I wrote: Thanks for receiving our Australian visa quickly), blow some air on it, fold it, put it in the box together with a "helpful person's" business card, or picture or official letter. Place box somewhere to the right of your entrance door. It helps if the box is silver, so I wrapped it in aluminium foil.
I did it twice: for house sale and for visa. I got 2 offers on the house and I got a visa 1 week later. My religious sister thinks I'm a witch, but I don't care. If the whole China practices it and it helped us, I can do it as well. I think I will now convert my visa silver box into a job seeking box and will let you know if it works again.
All the best for the next week!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Morning All

Vicky Hiya. Yes it is Toni who is coming out to us on Monday. Only spoken to his wife so far but she seems very nice. We are flexible with flights but seem to get the same price no matter what dates I put in. Best price is £2900 for the 5 of us (4 of us are classed as adults). Can't see any info about extra baggage allowance - how do you find this out?

Lisa Lisa, I'll pm you with our rental address, you're welcome to come and slash around in our pool (god i've always wanted to be able to say that), i'm sure the barbie will be on and the beers on ice.

Any others in Perth around 21st Oct onwards fancy a meet up?

Lindsay Counting down the hours now. The sun will shine, you'll look beautiful and then can plan your new life downunder - what a fabulous start to your married life

The2ofus Sooo got everything crossed for you (and others still waiting). Maybe they've needed time to re-organise for the new financial year and new centres they've opened. Please let it be soon. x
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Morning All

Vicky Hiya. Yes it is Toni who is coming out to us on Monday. Only spoken to his wife so far but she seems very nice. We are flexible with flights but seem to get the same price no matter what dates I put in. Best price is £2900 for the 5 of us (4 of us are classed as adults). Can't see any info about extra baggage allowance - how do you find this out?

Lisa Lisa, I'll pm you with our rental address, you're welcome to come and slash around in our pool (god i've always wanted to be able to say that), i'm sure the barbie will be on and the beers on ice.

Any others in Perth around 21st Oct onwards fancy a meet up?

Lindsay Counting down the hours now. The sun will shine, you'll look beautiful and then can plan your new life downunder - what a fabulous start to your married life

The2ofus Sooo got everything crossed for you (and others still waiting). Maybe they've needed time to re-organise for the new financial year and new centres they've opened. Please let it be soon. x

Caroline,
From what i have read you have to ring them about the extra baggage allowance and book your flights over the phone rather than on the net. You can only get extra baggage if you have not flown on your visa before, it is a PR visa and you are flying one way without stop overs. If you were to say stop over in Singapore for a couple of days you would only be elligable for the extra baggage allowance on the journey between UK and Singapore and not for the second leg of your journey.

good luck
Vic's
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hsherriff will become famous soon enoughHsherriff will become famous soon enough

We got an email today we have a CO woohooo..

She has asked for info on a few things. I thought I had gave everything but they want more detailed info.
exact dates from when my hubby worked with his previous company. He works on a rotation of 5 weeks on 5 weeks off. So if she wants specific dates its going to be a lot of dates as that was over a 4 year period..
I wam waiting on a reply to find out if this is exact what she wants. This will take forever to do if it is.
Also she has asked for a police check for the country my Hubby currently works in. He does not live there and again works on the same kind of rotational basis. He works on a base in the middle of no where in Chad in Africa so have no idea why they want a police check and how can even get one. The country is not even on their list or required countries. So waiting to find out about that.
Lastly they want more infor proving the kids are dependant and info showing they are enrolled in schools. Well here in Belgium its a bit different from Uk and all Schools is closed till the 18th August and once I get the info and then have it translated I will not make the 22nd of August which is when they want all the info by..
My oldest son has now just finsihed school and graduated so he will be signing on the unemployment system they have here.. No money just a job hunting service. They dont get dole money here for I think for a year..

There is other info they require but thats just the details of his role in the company he was in before so thats easy enough to get.
I just hope they let is extend the time to get all the other info to them because they will definatly take sometime to get..

Anyway we are happy to have the CO now its just going to be a headache to get all the info they want..
Anyone know anything about police checks in Chad and if you think he really needs one?

Anyway enough of me me me

Congrats to everyone and fingers crossed for the rest of us..
I have not had a chance to read back all that I have missed but I shall do so right now
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Hsherriff;6609375]

Can't answer your police check question - sorry. Buy Whey Hey, you have a CO. Nothing like a bit of positive news.

CONGRATS

Vicky Thanks for that. We're not intending to do a stop over - just straight there as fast as we can!!!!!

Caroline x
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:56 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hsherriff
exact dates from when my hubby worked with his previous company. He works on a rotation of 5 weeks on 5 weeks off. So if she wants specific dates its going to be a lot of dates as that was over a 4 year period..
yes. we had the same problems. you have to give the dates as best you can. time to get an electronic calendar & work it out. we had to give all holidays & work & travel trips over the last ten years and with both hubby & self doing many international overseas work trips, and plenty of holidays (we live in a muslim country so we even did day trips to the neighbouring country on a weekend!) - we just put in approximate dates when we werent certain. worked for us.

I wam waiting on a reply to find out if this is exact what she wants. This will take forever to do if it is.
yup - we went through this as well. took two weeks to get a reply that said "yes, that's what I want" so I would get working on that if I were you.

Also she has asked for a police check for the country my Hubby currently works in. He does not live there and again works on the same kind of rotational basis.
but if he has lived there for more than 12 months in the last X number of years (you will need to check with DIAC for precise timings) he could have a criminal record, so even if he doesnt live there per se, he has spent significant time there, and they need to clear him.

He works on a base in the middle of no where in Chad in Africa so have no idea why they want a police check and how can even get one. The country is not even on their list or required countries. So waiting to find out about that.
good luck with that!

Lastly they want more infor proving the kids are dependant and info showing they are enrolled in schools. Well here in Belgium its a bit different from Uk and all Schools is closed till the 18th August and once I get the info and then have it translated I will not make the 22nd of August which is when they want all the info by..
could be. I see two of your children are over 18 so if they are not still in secondary education (ie in school) then they are not dependants anymore. But yes, you will need proof of schooling for the youngest.

My oldest son has now just finsihed school and graduated so he will be signing on the unemployment system they have here.. No money just a job hunting service. They dont get dole money here for I think for a year..
then I hate to say it but I think you will have difficulty proving that he is dependant... you may need to get professional advice here & try and wangle it that he WAS dependant at the time of your application?!

There is other info they require but thats just the details of his role in the company he was in before so thats easy enough to get.
I just hope they let is extend the time to get all the other info to them because they will definatly take sometime to get..

Anyway we are happy to have the CO now its just going to be a headache to get all the info they want..
Anyone know anything about police checks in Chad and if you think he really needs one?
no idea how to get one - look through google. but... yes I think he really does need one.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Hsherriff will become famous soon enoughHsherriff will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
yes. we had the same problems. you have to give the dates as best you can. time to get an electronic calendar & work it out. we had to give all holidays & work & travel trips over the last ten years and with both hubby & self doing many international overseas work trips, and plenty of holidays (we live in a muslim country so we even did day trips to the neighbouring country on a weekend!) - we just put in approximate dates when we werent certain. worked for us.

yup - we went through this as well. took two weeks to get a reply that said "yes, that's what I want" so I would get working on that if I were you.

but if he has lived there for more than 12 months in the last X number of years (you will need to check with DIAC for precise timings) he could have a criminal record, so even if he doesnt live there per se, he has spent significant time there, and they need to clear him.

good luck with that!

could be. I see two of your children are over 18 so if they are not still in secondary education (ie in school) then they are not dependants anymore. But yes, you will need proof of schooling for the youngest.

then I hate to say it but I think you will have difficulty proving that he is dependant... you may need to get professional advice here & try and wangle it that he WAS dependant at the time of your application?!

no idea how to get one - look through google. but... yes I think he really does need one.
Thanks for Info. My son was still at school when we applied he just finished at end of June this year he is 21 now. I have his leaving diploma letter that iu can have translated and certified so thats not an issue.
He is still dependant he lives with us we feed him cloth him etc.. He wont get dole money they dont work that way here. Get a job or tough basically.
I will get all the bank details thats shows that i put pocket money into all teh kids banks every month and I get child benefit for them all so will get a letter from them to say that also/
Schools is a bit different here they stay in school until they are a lot older and plus all my kids were put back 2 years when we moved here due to the language barrier. My daughter still has 2 more years at school.

I have called the education department even they do not hold the info . I have to wait untils schools open on 18th but in meantime send an email to the school and hope maybe the director or secrtary will read it before then ( woman at education board told me to try this hehe)

I am hoping that his old company will have all these dates still and we wont have to do any working out but could take a lot time waiting on getting the info.. sudan and Oman aint so fast at coming forward with Information..

thanks again. xxxx
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=carolinemaria;6609423]

Can't answer your police check question - sorry. Buy Whey Hey, you have a CO. Nothing like a bit of positive news.

CONGRATS

Vicky Thanks for that. We're not intending to do a stop over - just straight there as fast as we can!!!!!

Caroline x
Yes we are excited that we got the CO I have been singing a lot today hahaha.

Its the next step up that long ladder so we are being positive.. We can get all the info to them so that is not an issue its just the time to get it ..
The police check will be the hardest thing to get. Chad is not an easy country to get any information about anything heheh.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Thank God something has happened for someone this week !!!!

Gratz on the CO !!

Lindsay - hope you have a really great day tomorrow

Lets hope we all get news next week - before we hit the twelfth month !!

Hope you all have great weekends.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

She has asked for info on a few things. I thought I had gave everything but they want more detailed info.
Also she has asked for a police check for the country my Hubby currently works in. He does not live there and again works on the same kind of rotational basis. He works on a base in the middle of no where in Chad in Africa so have no idea why they want a police check and how can even get one. The country is not even on their list or required countries. So waiting to find out about that.

I have not had a chance to read back all that I have missed but I shall do so right now[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your Co, sending Karma as it sounds as though you may need it
Old Jul 25th 2008, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

I have not had a chance to read back all that I have missed but I shall do so right now
Loads of congrat's on your case officer, i'm sure if you explain your situation and the fact that you are on with providing the information they will give you an extension, good luck

[quote=carolinemaria;6609423]

CONGRATS

Caroline x
Never to return apart from a holiday to realise just how bad it is here and how excellent it is there!!! Get on that phone girl you lucky lucky lady
Old Jul 25th 2008, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Hello My lovelies,

Not posted for a while but I do check on forum. Well done on the CO's and if there have been any visas then well done.

Butting in on the Luggage Allowance thread, we booked through Thomas Cook and we are flying Singapore, we have been given 40kg each as we are going on a PR and have the sticker in our passports, when we collected the tickets from Travel Agent they did double check as it didn't mention the Gluten Free meals either. It is on the system that we have 40kg, but saying that Paul wants me to ring Singapore Air direct just to check again.

I have been busy sorting through the crap we have accumulated over the last year, as we don't hoard at all, my motto to the kids is, 'If you aint used or played with it in the last 2 months it gets sold'. We are doing another Car Boot this week, the Xbox went yesterday as did some old scrap bits of jewelry (You know the sort of thing, broken chains, odd earrings etc), got £147.12 for all the bits of scrap. As we get a decent amount cash together we are changing it up for AU$, the dollar seems to be a little higher at the moment.

Well have a fab weekend, Speak soon!

Loads of Love Claire x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.