AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old May 26th 2008, 9:55 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by claire hopkins
Hello My Lovelies,

Congrats on the Visas and any other good news received.

We have had an email from HOC today asking for more info for Jordan, No its not just a report from his consultant! they want a repeat X-ray done and this has to go back to the original panel doc who then does a report so we have til 6pm on Friday to get this done as the panel doc is then on leave for the whole of June.(Why they couldn't have asked for this before they referred his medical I don't know) Where we had the Xrays don't have a computer so it takes forever to get anything done. The best bit we will have to shlap to Norwich again twice and another £115 to pay out, it just gets better and better.:curse: Why is everything soooo hard.

I am even more miserable and pissed off now!!

Speak soon.

Loads of Love Claire x
Hi Claire,
Listen, it could have been worse. Seriously! They could have refused straight off. Try to see this as a positive rather than a negative. They are just making sure etc.....

I truly hope it all goes well for you
Irish Gal
Old May 26th 2008, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shabee
CONGRATULATIONS, really pleased for you.

Thanks for your replies today, and the 2 visa grants really is great news.

Called the embassy but they are closed for the bank holiday. Might force my Oh to sit up and phone Australia tonight. Lol.

I should not complain really as we have sold the house and that is really the worst bit done.

Had shippers in for quotes so thats another job done.

xx
Congratulations on your house sale - one less thing to do. We have decided to rent ours.
What shippers did you get in? Are you going for sole use of 20ft? Could you let me know what quotes you get as I've had a few done and don't want to be paying over the odds. Thanks

Almost forgot............CONGRATULATIONS MARK AND GILL, LORAC AND HARRY CHARLIE ON YOUR VISAS.........Good luck to everyone else waiting
Old May 26th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sarah n Andy
Sorry to hear that Claire- I would send you some karma but I don't know how ?
Chin up and good luck with getting everything sorted by the deadline.
These people do make me laugh, they keep us waiting for months on end and then when they want something,give us a ridiculous time frame !
Sarah,

It is not the HOC's deadline, it is the fact the Panel Doc is off for the whole of June from 6pm on Friday, no HOC has given us 6 weeks. There is no way I can wait that long, knowing our luck they will eventually grant the visa but only let Jordan's med be valid for 6 months so that will mean we have to validate by 26 August and we will probably not get the visa till July.

Thanks for wanting to send me karma, you lot on here are great.

Loads of Love Claire x
Old May 26th 2008, 10:11 pm
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Hello My Lovelies,

Congrats on the Visas and any other good news received.

We have had an email from HOC today asking for more info for Jordan, No its not just a report from his consultant! they want a repeat X-ray done and this has to go back to the original panel doc who then does a report so we have til 6pm on Friday to get this done as the panel doc is then on leave for the whole of June.(Why they couldn't have asked for this before they referred his medical I don't know) Where we had the Xrays don't have a computer so it takes forever to get anything done. The best bit we will have to shlap to Norwich again twice and another £115 to pay out, it just gets better and better.:curse: Why is everything soooo hard.

I am even more miserable and pissed off now!!

Speak soon.

Loads of Love Claire x
Claire

Sending you a big (((((hug))))) and karma (can't send it on the system as I have to spread it around).

Mary
Old May 26th 2008, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Just wondered if any of you guys know the answer to this question before I show my ignorance on the main forum

Was wondering what class my boys will be in when (or should I say if) they start in Oz. At the moment they will be going into P6 and P4 after the summer hols here in Scotland. One will be 10 in Aug and the other 8 at the end of Nov. Since both their birthdays fall after 30th June am i right in thinking that they will be repeating P5 and P3 when the Oz schools go back in Feb 09. A bit confused me thinks on this matter
Thanks
Erica
Old May 26th 2008, 10:37 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tayles
Just wondered if any of you guys know the answer to this question before I show my ignorance on the main forum

Was wondering what class my boys will be in when (or should I say if) they start in Oz. At the moment they will be going into P6 and P4 after the summer hols here in Scotland. One will be 10 in Aug and the other 8 at the end of Nov. Since both their birthdays fall after 30th June am i right in thinking that they will be repeating P5 and P3 when the Oz schools go back in Feb 09. A bit confused me thinks on this matter
Thanks
Erica
My eldest will be 10 in July so will be moving into Year 4 and my 6 year old is going into Year 2. GThey won't be repeating - just EXTENDING the year they've already done.

I think they have to be 5 before the end of April to start school so work it out from there.
Best of luck
Irish Gal
Old May 26th 2008, 11:08 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

well, still no Dutch PC today for my husband... I bet it got lost in the post between there & here

grrrr

will send em an email to chase

hey Claire - sorry to hear about your woes - can you not go somewhere else for the xrays?
Old May 27th 2008, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
well, still no Dutch PC today for my husband... I bet it got lost in the post between there & here

grrrr

will send em an email to chase

hey Claire - sorry to hear about your woes - can you not go somewhere else for the xrays?
Hi OS,

No they have to be done by the same xray & panel doc.

Thanks Claire x
Old May 27th 2008, 12:12 am
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by mr.benn
Claire

Sending you a big (((((hug))))) and karma (can't send it on the system as I have to spread it around).

Mary

Have to spread mine around too Claire - so here's much big ((((((hugs))))))

Irish Gal
Old May 27th 2008, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Have to spread mine around too Claire - so here's much big ((((((hugs))))))

Irish Gal
Hi Sally & Mary,

Thanks for the hugs and karma, I can do with it.

I have to attend a grievance hearing tomorrow at my work as I sited my manager as my reason to resign, something I am not looking forward to. Paul will take Jordan back tomorrow afternoon for his repeat xray and they have said they will do everything in their power to make sure that it gets to panel doc by Friday to be sent on to LCU, £55 to courier 1 xray and 2 reports cheap eh!

Speak soon!

Loads of Love Claire x
Old May 27th 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

HOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enoughHOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enough

Hi Sally & Mary,

I have to attend a grievance hearing tomorrow at my work as I sited my manager as my reason to resign, something I am not looking forward to. Paul will take Jordan back tomorrow afternoon for his repeat xray and they have said they will do everything in their power to make sure that it gets to panel doc by Friday to be sent on to LCU, £55 to courier 1 xray and 2 reports cheap eh!

Speak soon!

Loads of Love Claire x
Claire Hopkins ; oh you poor thing - I hope the grievance hearing will be going ok for you tomorrow - most likely they just want to make sure that you don't bring them to court later on. Make sure you are going to take somebody in with you AND don't say much and let the manager talk - he will land himself in once he gets nervous!!!
Old May 27th 2008, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

I'M BAACCCKKKKK !!

Well that's it in the good news stakes !!

Congratz to all those who've had good news since I was last on.

Friday night was great - the stress levels were beyond belief - espec when by 9.30pm there was hardly anyone there !!

However the room slowly but surely began to fill up and once the band started playing the night really took off. I managed to stay away from alcohol until after 11pm - however I think between then and 5am I drank a whole bottle of vodka (not joking !!!).

There werent' as many people there as we would have hoped - but I think we've raised about Euro 3,600.00 for the two charities - not bad for a nights work (I say that but it was really about nine weeks work!).

Was so exhausted I had to take the day off yesterday !!!!!!!

Mr dinner-dash - you brought a smile to my face - thank you !!! (however everything is crossed that it all ends well - of course it will).

To all of those feeling like I am - ie. as though we've been forgotten (thank for putting me on the waiting for co list IG) - it's time to hold hands again.

Nix - I'd ring them - this is something you want to have an answer to sooner rather than later.

Have to head out of the office for a while now - talk later.

PS Claire - I agree with Howmuch - make sure you have someone there "on your side" so that nothing can be misconstrued at a later date - and say as little as possible - just listen and reply later - don't say anything in the heat of the moment.
Old May 27th 2008, 1:00 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally & Mary,

Speak soon!

Loads of Love Claire x
Claire - good luck with the greivance procedure - remember YOU are not on trial, your manager is. What can they do to you?! sack you?!

just remember that petal

I feel your pain about redoing stuff - 35 quid times 2 for 2 new UK police certificates and 31 euros times 2 for 2 new Dutch police certificates... all because they wouldnt accept our passport evidence that we had lived overseas since 2003 and that the PCCs only expired because they took so long in processing the blo*dy things
Old May 27th 2008, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

HOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enoughHOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enough

Hi Sally & Mary,

Speak soon!

Loads of Love Claire x
Claire Hopkins; just one more thing; Always make sure that somebody is taking minutes and gives it to everybody to sign BEFORE you leave the room - otherwise they can and most likely will change them later on!!
Old May 27th 2008, 1:50 am
Oh, George.....

Welcome back Melbourne. Delighted everything went well. Good on you for raising all that cash for charity

I still can't believe you haven't heard anything back yet - the bloods are gone nearly 2 weeks now

Here's hoping you'll hear soon

Anyone else have a 9 year old going on 16? God, she's doing my head in. I don't know if I'm going to be able to cope when she's a teenager :curse::curse: I'm going through the She said, I said phase. Get me outta here fast !!!!
Irish Gal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.