AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Simpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

I don't think our Doctors used a courier, we paid only for Royal Mail postage. We did debate whether or not to ask for courier service, but all our other documents have been sent Royal Mail and arrived quickly in Oz (I'm in no shape or form bigging up Royal Mail! In my eyes they are currently at the height of incompetence for losing parcels being sent to us, amateurs).

Anyway, I did send an email to: [email protected] , they request the main applicants name, date of birth, passport number, visa applied for, the date that medicals were dispatched, and the method of dispatch (courier or royal mail).

In fact I didn't know the actual date of dispatch as I kept forgetting to phone the GP surgery during working hours, so I simply put the month they were done and hoped that they'd actually been sent out.

The LCU sent out an automated reply saying that the email had been received and would be dealt with within 10 days of receipt. It was indeed about 10 days later that I received another reply which stated that they were dealing with medicals received between 31st December and 7th Jan.

Anyway, hope this helps you, I do think they're working pretty quickly at the moment.

All the best
x
Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all
Smile Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
wooden furniture?.
I have enquired about this as I too would like to take some of my wooden furniture with me. This is the reply i received. Its not as strict as you think.......(company recommended by expat)

Good Afternoon Joanne,

Thank you for contacting John Mason's. I hope you found our website useful.

With regards to wooden furniture, as long as it has a lacquer of varnish on it there should not be a problem. You do not need to obtain certificates prior to shipment - unless you have lots of antiques with obvious signs of infestation!

Should you require a quotation for your removal, or a chat about your requirements, please do not hesitate to contact me on the telephone number below. Should you prefer me to call you, please email me back with a daytime contact number for yourself.

I look forward to being of assistance to you.

Kind Regards,
Gill

Gill Allward
International Move Manager
John Mason International
35 Wilson Road, Huyton
Liverpool, L36 6AE
Tel: (+44) 151 449 4811
Lee / Joanne

thanks for the info. it would appear that the reality differs from what Oz Customs tell you should happen. I hadnt contacted any UK removers to get their advice ! tho furniture has varnish on the visible bits, most surfaces are unvarnished. No woodworm evident, thank G ! i wonder if i can get away with the 3 piece ??
i was gonna ask a few antique dealers in Perth when we are over there in March to see how they cope with the restrictions. One in Cottesloe specifically imports Victorian stuff from the UK. If they don't know......

visa thru at end of March, our agent tells us... WOO HOO !!

P
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

Things seem to be really moving. Amazing news for all...Can anyone tell me the exact address for sending meds? We have ours booked for next week and I am filling the forms in... but am unsure about the exact address.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice
Cool Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

If posting meds the address is: Local Clearance Unit
Department of Immigration and Multicultural
Affairs
GPO Box 9984
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia

If meds ar being sent via courier the address is
Local Clearance Unit
Department of Immigration and Multicultural
Affairs
Level 3, 26 Lee Street
Sydney CBD NSW 2000
Australia

This is the address I was given by my agent, as we have our meds booked for the 11 feb.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Simpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really nice

I think it is also the doctors responsibility to send out the medicals to the correct place? As far as I was aware they're not supposed to show you the medicals when completed / allow you to take them away?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:48 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Hi all,

Just another update. After us being led to believe that we had a co, it turns out today that we have received full ack and we are being told that we are now in the que for a co! I'm am pretty confused by the whole process to say the least Any how at least we know that they have now taken the money and so far so good.

ob
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oz bound
Hi all,

Just another update. After us being led to believe that we had a co, it turns out today that we have received full ack and we are being told that we are now in the que for a co! I'm am pretty confused by the whole process to say the least Any how at least we know that they have now taken the money and so far so good.

ob

Kep your chin up, at least things are moving forward for you, fingers crossed for CO's for all Augustees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bextaroota
funny bugger

Bexxx

Just trying to cheer up my augusties

minibelle
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:13 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by minibelle

minibelle
looks like theres a few augustees woth cos now..good luck to everyone !! Keep checking my email..ahhhhhhhhhhh
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

bextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the roughbextaroota is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by minibelle

minibelle
Good for you! You cheered me up! I've also been watching another thread arguing... also most amusing! You going on March 1st?

Bex
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bextaroota
Good for you! You cheered me up! I've also been watching another thread arguing... also most amusing! You going on March 1st?

Bex
Is it the Qld mental health on the 1st March?

minibelle
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:57 am
Just Joined

wallaby wannabe is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Still in a state of shock - our agent called us yesterday with the news that .......... we had our visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Wow, congrats!! When did you apply for your visa etc?? Dying to know your timeline!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wallaby wannabe
Still in a state of shock - our agent called us yesterday with the news that .......... we had our visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS guys

Enjoy your celebrations

Suexx
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:13 am
Just Joined

wallaby wannabe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mo33
Wow, congrats!! When did you apply for your visa etc?? Dying to know your timeline!!
Our application was received mid August. Full Ack beginning Jan. We front loaded Meds in December and Police checks a week or so ago. I guess that when they picked everything up it was all there as we had no notification of case officer - just straight to visa yesterday. Sorry to be a bit vague, but head still a bit fuzzy!!!!!! Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.