Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Applying for permanent resident with dependent parent

Applying for permanent resident with dependent parent

Old Jan 7th 2015, 10:29 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for permanent resident with dependent parent

I will make my last post OP to you on this, please consider carefully the following

On the basis your immediate family that you have mentioned in all of your posts on BE is close knit, that your Mother & Brother depend on you for support & in the event that should you move to OZ, me thinks that you'd be leaving them behind to fend for themselves... is this something that you are prepared to do or can live with ?

If it was me & I was so close to my family that needed my support - I would put OZ out of my mind for now & settle down where I'm at, make my life with my supportive family.

Life in the UK can be as good at it gets, or wherever, together, especially with a family support unit. The grass is not always greener (for many reasons) somewhere else.

Good luck with whatever it is you end up doing

Last edited by not2old; Jan 7th 2015 at 11:25 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

ab a is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for permanent resident with dependent parent

Originally Posted by not2old
I will make my last post OP to you on this, please consider carefully the following

On the basis your immediate family that you have mentioned in all of your posts on BE is close knit, that your Mother & Brother depend on you for support & in the event that should you move to OZ, me thinks that you'd be leaving them behind to fend for themselves... is this something that you are prepared to do or can live with ?

If it was me & I was so close to my family that needed my support - I would put OZ out of my mind for now & settle down where I'm at, make my life with my supportive family.

Life in the UK can be as good at it gets, or wherever, together, especially with a family support unit. The grass is not always greener (for many reasons) somewhere else.

Good luck with whatever it is you end up doing
Yes, that is very true my friend, grass is not always greener somewhere else and family always comes first.

Now, me have to have take my time and think about my priorities!

Thanks all for your input.