Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Applying for permanent resident with dependent parent

Applying for permanent resident with dependent parent

Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:40 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for permanent resident with dependent parent

Originally Posted by ab a
yes applying to come to oz from uk, and I thought to ask people if i could include my parent in my application.

what is ss? social security? benefits?
do your mother & Brother live in the UK legally as permanent residents - if the answer is yes, how long has your Mother & Brother lived in the UK?

As for ss, welfare, benefits etc etc

If your mother lives in the UK & has done for a long period raising children she would have received several benefits including 'child benefit.

Of course only those living in the UK would know about the welfare & benefits system, child & mothers allowance JSA, housing benefit, DLA etc too many to mention.

And if you are working & living in the UK you'd be paying income tax PAYE, NIC, have a NHS number .... more
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

ab a is an unknown quantity at this point

if i decide to include her, do you think that my application could potentially be refused because of it? or would i just lose the extra visa fee i've paid?
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:44 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I guess your answer makes sense, this is why i like coming her to ask what other experienced people think, because obviously I wasnt thinking of it that way!
the title of this thread says 'Dependent' which means they depend on you, you support their needs of life & I think you said that you do.

The thing is, in the UK it doesn't work that way
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:45 pm
Dichotomus tinker

if i decide to include her, do you think that my application could potentially be refused because of it? or would i just lose the extra visa fee i've paid?
case closed

Do not include her
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by not2old
do your mother & Brother live in the UK legally as permanent residents - if the answer is yes, how long has your Mother & Brother lived in the UK?

As for ss, welfare, benefits etc etc

If your mother lives in the UK & has done for a long period raising children she would have received several benefits including 'child benefit.

Of course only those living in the UK would know about the welfare & benefits system, child & mothers allowance JSA, housing benefit, DLA etc too many to mention.

And if you are working & living in the UK you'd be paying income tax PAYE, NIC, have a NHS number .... more
She used to get child benefit, not the other unemployment benefits but I think she would be entitled to whatever benefits there are, JSA and housing benefit I think but like I said, I pay for her rent and food, bills etc.

yes i pay income tax, NI etc.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:50 pm
Dichotomus tinker

She used to get child benefit, not the other unemployment benefits but I think she would be entitled to whatever benefits there are, JSA and housing benefit I think but like I said, I pay for her rent and food, bills etc.

yes i pay income tax, NI etc.
that was fast.

up thread you questioned & that you didn't know what SS, welfare benefits was

Do not include her in the application.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

that was fast.

up thread you questioned & that you didn't know what SS, welfare benefits was

Do not include her in the application.
Of course I've heard of the types of benefits people apply to, they talk about it nearly every week on the tv and I used to know a few people who got those every week! I said i didnt want to apply for them and I didnt want my family to rely on them.

and about ss, that could also mean state sponsorship!
Old Jan 7th 2015, 12:01 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I've heard of the types of benefits people apply to, they talk about it nearly every week on the tv and I used to know a few people who got those every week! I said i didnt want to apply for them and I didnt want my family to rely on them.

and about ss, that could also mean state sponsorship!
If you are not happy to leave your mother in the UK now, perhaps migration isn't for you.

If your mother does not want to claim benefits, she can always go out to work - and I think to be eligible for JSA she would need to be actively looking for work anyway.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you are not happy to leave your mother in the UK now, perhaps migration isn't for you......
yeah, this is thought is in mind head right now!

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jan 7th 2015 at 12:08 am. Reason: fix quote
Old Jan 7th 2015, 12:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, this is thought is in mind head right now!
If you have already jumped through the hoops, and have an invitation to apply, you can always go for the visa now. Take a trip to Australia to validate - and maybe even take your Mum and brother along for a holiday - and then you have 5 years to look at making a permanent move.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you have already jumped through the hoops, and have an invitation to apply, you can always go for the visa now. Take a trip to Australia to validate - and maybe even take your Mum and brother along for a holiday - and then you have 5 years to look at making a permanent move.
i was thinking about the 5 year and the fact they can visit on tourist visa.

something to sleep on!

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2015, 12:35 am
Dichotomus tinker

I had to read back at all your threads & posts

You have posted that you are considering applying for a 190 or a 189 visa, that you are a junior civil engineer, which it seems jobs are available in OZ.

with that good luck & if not already done so, make an application is my suggestion

Suggest you include your spouse but not your mother or brother. Have you considered applying as a single applicant & if successful, have your family join you later?

You said you'd be applying from the UK. Are you a CUKC & are you registered or a member of the UK 'Institution of Civil engineers' (ICE) - because I think all of these points are relevant & may make a difference positive or negative to your application.

Have you yet to make an application (or is it already in process)?

Do you qualify for the 190 state sponsorship visa?

Last edited by not2old; Jan 7th 2015 at 12:42 am.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

I had to read back at all your threads & posts

You have posted that you are considering applying for a 190 or a 189 visa, that you are a junior civil engineer, which it seems jobs are available in OZ.

with that good luck & if not already done so, make an application is my suggestion

Suggest you include your spouse but not your mother or brother. Have you considered applying as a single applicant & if successful, have your family join you later?

You said you'd be applying from the UK. Are you a CUKC & are you registered or a member of the UK 'Institution of Civil engineers' (ICE) - because I think all of these points are relevant & may make a difference positive or negative to your application.

Have you yet to make an application (or is it already in process)?

Do you qualify for the 190 state sponsorship visa?

I was about to make my application last night and I was going to include my mom and brother but then I thought maybe I should ask a few people beforehand and remembered this forum, people on here have generally been really helpful.

If I apply as a single applicant, can I have all my family join me later? Do you know if that is possible? I am going to see a migration agent as well.

From what other people have told me, I have to include all dependents on my application whether migrating or not, and they have to get pcc and medicals etc so it sounds like they have to go through the process too but wont get the visa at the end!

Yes I am a member of the ICE, whats CUKC?

And yes I qualify for 190 visa.

Last edited by ab a; Jan 7th 2015 at 7:44 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 8:18 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

If I apply as a single applicant, can I have all my family join me later? Do you know if that is possible? I am going to see a migration agent as well.
Your wife will be able to join you so you may as well include her from the start.

Your mother and brother and will not as they will still not be dependent.

When you are settled (after 2 years) your mother could apply for a parent contributory visa but this will cost around $50000 or so. There is no visa for your brother.
Old Jan 7th 2015, 8:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to make my application last night and I was going to include my mom and brother but then I thought maybe I should ask a few people beforehand and remembered this forum, people on here have generally been really helpful.

From what other people have told me, I have to include all dependents on my application whether migrating or not, and they have to get pcc and medicals etc so it sounds like they have to go through the process too but wont get the visa at the end!

Yes I am a member of the ICE, whats CUKC?

And yes I qualify for 190 visa.
Dependants need to have medicals and police checks. Your mother and brother are NOT dependants. They do not need medicals or police checks because they will not be included in your application.

I am really unsure why you are having such difficulty understanding this. You and your wife and any dependant children (i.e. you are their father/your wife is the mother) will be the only people included on your application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.