British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Anyone got RSMS Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anyone-got-rsms-visa-540886/)

Safin Oct 22nd 2008 7:37 pm

Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by looky (Post 6901827)
What would be the best way to do that? I don't even know if I have a CO or not. Writing a letter to the Brisbane business center postal address I mailed the 857 application to?

What would I put in the letter/how would I word the letter...to grant my 857 before 175? I don't think thats the way it works. Give me some ideas?

Err no idea

I just meant to make them aware of the simulataneous applications and ask for a grace period should the 175 be granted first for you to withdraw the 857
rather than outright tell them when to grant them

janjanxx Oct 22nd 2008 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Swheeler (Post 6901836)
Yeah it looks like i wont have to wait long then go adelaide:thumbsup:

Hope not Swheeler.... :thumbsup:

looky Oct 22nd 2008 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6901847)
Word is : Brisbane is working on May/June applications ....

God help Brisbane applicants...its bloody end of Oct and their at may/june applications :(. Applicants for September onwards will be getting theirs looked at next year or the year after then :unsure:

janjanxx Oct 22nd 2008 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by looky (Post 6902371)
God help Brisbane applicants...its bloody end of Oct and their at may/june applications :(. Applicants for September onwards will be getting theirs looked at next year or the year after then :unsure:

Well here's some food for thought - on September 13 they were dealing with Feb/March - one month later they are May/June ... so they worked on April/May/June in one month... which means .. 20 November they should be on August/September ... 20 December they should be on November/December ... if they are trying to catch up ...

My prayer is this - Please let a Brisbane Case Officer read this thread and tell all his collegues that WE HAVE FAITH IN THEM !! yes please ... lol

looky Oct 22nd 2008 11:37 pm

Where do 175 get processed?

Looking forward to Oz Oct 23rd 2008 12:25 am

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6902376)
Well here's some food for thought - on September 13 they were dealing with Feb/March - one month later they are May/June ... so they worked on April/May/June in one month... which means .. 20 November they should be on August/September ... 20 December they should be on November/December ... if they are trying to catch up ...

I sooooooo love your thinking! And I soooooooooo hope your are right!!! (when mine eventually gets lodged...they would have caught up and i'd get mine within a week!! haha). now that is wishful thinking!

janjanxx Oct 23rd 2008 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 6902475)
I sooooooo love your thinking! And I soooooooooo hope your are right!!! (when mine eventually gets lodged...they would have caught up and i'd get mine within a week!! haha). now that is wishful thinking!

I cant see why not... I mean we lodge EVERYTHING THEY NEED!! I presented mine soooo well if it was a school project I would have got 100% lol
:rofl:

Looking forward to Oz Oct 23rd 2008 12:36 am

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6902480)
I cant see why not... I mean we lodge EVERYTHING THEY NEED!! I presented mine soooo well if it was a school project I would have got 100% lol
:rofl:

Did you do what Pony did and put an index in and a contents/reference page ?? ...if not, I think you'll loose marks!! perhaps down to 99.99999%.

janjanxx Oct 23rd 2008 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 6902496)
Did you do what Pony did and put an index in and a contents/reference page ?? ...if not, I think you'll loose marks!! perhaps down to 99.99999%.

I DID !! But that was for the Agent so I wonder how he presented it ... down to 48% ... as he cant even respond to an email !!! :frown:

Safin Oct 23rd 2008 10:26 am

janjan why were you doing all that when you have an agent? Because unless theres a problem that's all he'll be doing for his dosh.

Burbage Oct 23rd 2008 11:37 am

Janjanxx, yes, when we hear about Bix's second mate we can adjust the predictions. I think it should certainly be no later than the dates I put and hopefully a lot sooner.

I'm not obsessed as such, but the whole next part of my life is on hold until I get this thing sorted. I was expecting it to take much less time, so this limbo is a bit annoying.

Yungaburra Folk Festival tonight. Maybe I'll meet the Hippie of my dreams.

janjanxx Oct 23rd 2008 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 6904520)
Janjanxx, yes, when we hear about Bix's second mate we can adjust the predictions. I think it should certainly be no later than the dates I put and hopefully a lot sooner.

I'm not obsessed as such, but the whole next part of my life is on hold until I get this thing sorted. I was expecting it to take much less time, so this limbo is a bit annoying.

Yungaburra Folk Festival tonight. Maybe I'll meet the Hippie of my dreams.

Saf - yip - but had to present myself well to Agent.. not only that but I come with 3 youngens... so had to make sure everything was well on track .. numbered and easily found... just me I guess !!

All the best with finding that Hippie Burbage lol

Agent promised us an email yesterday - who wants to guess if we got it or not?

ponyrama Oct 23rd 2008 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6905109)
Agent promised us an email yesterday - who wants to guess if we got it or not?

I would be absolutely tearing my hair out by now if I were you Jan. Where is your agent based? Camp out on his doorstep and when I get to Oz I'll go camp on the Brisbane Business Centre doorstep.

The standard for RSMS from low risk is 5 months - you should be getting near to that now Jan - as soon as you are past it I would start making some noise. And if your agent is really seriously inactive you can take control back of your application - theres a form you fill in I think and send it to DIAC. I would not be paying anyone any money who couldn't even be assed to respond to my e-mails! :curse:

janjanxx Oct 23rd 2008 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6905133)
I would be absolutely tearing my hair out by now if I were you Jan. Where is your agent based? Camp out on his doorstep and when I get to Oz I'll go camp on the Brisbane Business Centre doorstep.

The standard for RSMS from low risk is 5 months - you should be getting near to that now Jan - as soon as you are past it I would start making some noise. And if your agent is really seriously inactive you can take control back of your application - theres a form you fill in I think and send it to DIAC. I would not be paying anyone any money who couldn't even be assed to respond to my e-mails! :curse:

Yip Pony - that's the worst of it.... its not even Brisbane taking so long its the fact he cannot respond to his client that hits me hard..

We are in South Africa - Agent is in Australia - but am going to egg is house when I get there.. :thumbsup:

Safin Oct 25th 2008 12:47 pm

I know the feeling about agents. I think mine will be glad to see the back of us. But as Ponyrama says we are paying them and the least they can do is answer an email.

Janjan i assume SA is also a low risk country? Can't see why you have to win your agent over - You employ him - he should be trying to impress you.

Totally agree with Ponyrama - bug the hell out of him til he replies. Can you phone instead? An email is easy to ignore someone on the phone right then and thre is much harder to refuse to answer.

Looking forward to Oz Oct 25th 2008 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6910535)
I know the feeling about agents. I think mine will be glad to see the back of us.

I so echo that! My agent is co-signed by me and the employer so bless her, she's getting it from both of us!!

pumpkin blossom Oct 26th 2008 12:56 am

My employer is finally getting around to applying for my 457 visa (quicker) and then they have agreed to apply for the RSMS visa as soon as the 457 visa is issued.

It will be at the Adelaide office. Is that one of the quicker ones? I am a little nervous about contacting previous employers for references, as I assume they will want them to be in quite a bit of detail? My previous bosses are all very busy people so I have no idea how long it will take them to actually get around to doing them for me. :(

Looking forward to Oz Oct 26th 2008 7:11 am

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom (Post 6911759)

It will be at the Adelaide office. Is that one of the quicker ones? (

If there is one thing i've learnt from this site is that as long as its not through Brisbane then it will be quick! (or at least quicker than Brisbane!).

Good luck. x

janjanxx Oct 26th 2008 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 6912377)
If there is one thing i've learnt from this site is that as long as its not through Brisbane then it will be quick! (or at least quicker than Brisbane!).

Good luck. x

Apparently things are moving now - they are just trying to sort out the backlog... have extra case officers working on that .... :thumbup:

ponyrama Oct 27th 2008 6:19 am

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6913973)
Apparently things are moving now - they are just trying to sort out the backlog... have extra case officers working on that .... :thumbup:

I reckon you'll get an early Christmas present Jan. Fingers crossed! :thumbsup:

Burbage Oct 27th 2008 1:22 pm

Look on the bright side Janjanxx, the money you bring over is worth 30% more and the house prices will have dropped. Maybe the Brisbane business Office is doing you a favour.

missmileyselina Oct 27th 2008 2:59 pm

Hello everyone, I am just about to lodge my application for visa RSMS. I am already working for the employer who is going to sponsor me and am just waiting on the okay from the powers that be to give us the okay...

One point I wanted to mention is you dont have to have the , you can lodge the nomiantion and visa ap at the same time. reading some of your threds i am not sure if you knew

Really sorry to read the threds of horror waiting time for aps to be processed, I hope all your aps get approved very soon :-)

Those of you that have lodged your RSMS ap - did you get your qualifications assessed by Vetassess in Oz or did you send certified copies of your qualifications? I have heard conflicting advice over which helps quicken the ap processing times... (of course, it may make no difference at all!)

Safin Oct 27th 2008 3:06 pm

Hi Misssmileyselina,

Some on here have lodged together soem seperately. We're not VETASSESS anyway but you don't need a skills assessment for RSMS. Having said that we've sent ours to the agent just because we had it and figured it doesn't do any harm. Not heard about it making a difference to processing times though.

Where are you? Doing what? Have you passed the RCB yet? and the all important question which office are you lodging at?

missmileyselina Oct 27th 2008 3:38 pm

Hi Safin

Thanks for the message

Yeah sorry I didnt introduce myself very thoroughy :unsure:

I am here completely by chance! I came over to Oz to visit my parents who live in NSW. Then I came to Darwin to visit a cousin (still on holiday) and bumped into someone who knew they were crying out for people in my profession here (Planner/Urban Designer)

I was here on the working holiday visa (417) and contacted an employer who arranged for a special 6 month contract to be drawn up for me, so I would not risk infringing on my visa restrictions. I have been here 3 months now and have fell in love with my work Darwin and a man in Darwin (!) :D so hence why we have started the steps for my nect visa.

I probably wouldnt have been so hasty but I was not aware I get an automatic bridging visa :) but after reading about some horror processing times on here, I am glad I have just got on with it.

The stage I am at now is - I have had the certification from the RCB and things have been put on a hold for a bit while my employer gets the okay from 'the owers that be' ie higher than my supervisers.

I am told this is only a formallity but i am not enjoying the waiting game already! As soon as we get the okay, we are lodging the nomination and IF i have all paperwork, medical etc then my visa at the same time - if not as soon as Ive got everything I need.

so I would be inteersted in anyone has any advice on timescale for the Darwin DIAC as I havent seen any yet, but I am hoping that is a goog thing cos if they only have my application to process, it shouldnt take them very long ;)

Selina :cool:

PS I have a very similar picture as my msn log in - I couldnt beleive it when I jsut saw yours!!

Bix Oct 27th 2008 4:50 pm

From the darwin DIAC website.....

Please be aware that the Business and Skilled Migration Division will make every effort to process requests for certification / sponsorship within 28 working days of a full application being received.

An application is deemed to be complete when all supporting documentation has been received by the processing project officer.

Safin Oct 27th 2008 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 6916605)
From the darwin DIAC website.....

Please be aware that the Business and Skilled Migration Division will make every effort to process requests for certification / sponsorship within 28 working days of a full application being received.

An application is deemed to be complete when all supporting documentation has been received by the processing project officer.

ooh thats's good. The others don't have anything like that....

looky Oct 27th 2008 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6916643)
ooh thats's good. The others don't have anything like that....

Not alot of people migrating to Darwin it seems

ponyrama Oct 27th 2008 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by missmileyselina (Post 6916453)
Those of you that have lodged your RSMS ap - did you get your qualifications assessed by Vetassess in Oz or did you send certified copies of your qualifications? I have heard conflicting advice over which helps quicken the ap processing times... (of course, it may make no difference at all!)

You dont need a skills assessment for RSMS - all you need to do is satisfy the RCB and DIAC that your qualifications are at least equivalent to Australian Diploma standard - if you already have Vetassess positive then this basically saves the RCB checking your quals - plus you can claim an exemption if you dont have relevant quals anyway. I just sent copies of my qualifications to employer for inclusion in RCB.:thumbsup: Cant comment on whether it made the process quicker or not? ;)

janjanxx Oct 27th 2008 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6916748)
You dont need a skills assessment for RSMS - all you need to do is satisfy the RCB and DIAC that your qualifications are at least equivalent to Australian Diploma standard - if you already have Vetassess positive then this basically saves the RCB checking your quals - plus you can claim an exemption if you dont have relevant quals anyway. I just sent copies of my qualifications to employer for inclusion in RCB.:thumbsup: Cant comment on whether it made the process quicker or not? ;)

Bix - are you saying they will grant the VISA RSMS at Darwin in 28 days???

or have I read something wrong...

Safin Oct 27th 2008 6:27 pm

don't look janjanxx, just don't look - it'll just make you green

missmileyselina Oct 27th 2008 6:30 pm

Hey guys thanks for all your messages and wow 28 days, I will be very happy with that :) They did tell me that Darwin is a quiter office and therefore I shouldnt have to wait as long

I dont know why no-one is migrating to Darwin anyway - I love it here :D Come to Darwin janjanx ;)

Bix - I have been searching and searching and I cannot find the darwin DIAC website anywhere, it keeps referring me to a stupid phone number which was most unhelpful when I rang it when I wa 1st looking into all this...

Bix Oct 27th 2008 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6916757)
Bix - are you saying they will grant the VISA RSMS at Darwin in 28 days???

or have I read something wrong...

Yep.
Provided all necessary documents are sent and it's not a complicated case they aim to do that.
ie from lodgment day to grant = within 28 days.

That is not unusual.

When I lodged with Brisbane they requested extra submissions because my case was not standard.
Even so from lodgment to grant was only 31 days.

It's the mess the government or DIAC made with the Brisbane staffing levels that have caused the long delays at that office.

Bix Oct 27th 2008 6:36 pm

It's here Selina.....

http://www.nt.gov.au/business/

missmileyselina Oct 27th 2008 6:36 pm

thanks mate :)

janjanxx Oct 27th 2008 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by missmileyselina (Post 6916775)
thanks mate :)

Thanks Bix..... gee 31 days ... must say - i am very lucky (usually) so this whole delay is for good cause and my luck will hit when it is meant toooo....:)

janjanxx Oct 27th 2008 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6916784)
Thanks Bix..... gee 31 days ... must say - i am very lucky (usually) so this whole delay is for good cause and my luck will hit when it is meant toooo....:)

28 blady days !! my word !! still stunned !! sorry ..

missmileyselina Oct 27th 2008 6:46 pm

Oh yeah I remember reading that when I was looking at other options but I got all confused cos the Department of Business and Employment are the Nortern Territory RCB rather than DIAC...
it's sooo confusing :blink:)
but cos the RSMS is dealt with in the local offices, thats why they are dealt with quicker??
I think I am getting it now :)
At last - haha

janjanxx Oct 27th 2008 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by missmileyselina (Post 6916796)
Oh yeah I remember reading that when I was looking at other options but I got all confused cos the Department of Business and Employment are the Nortern Territory RCB rather than DIAC...
it's sooo confusing :blink:)
but cos the RSMS is dealt with in the local offices, thats why they are dealt with quicker??
I think I am getting it now :)
At last - haha

Not at Brisbane I'm affraid !!...

looky Oct 27th 2008 6:57 pm

Someone in the other 119/857 thread got granted a 857 in about 2.5 months from Brisbane business office and applied in Sep this year. Got a CO within a week or two of application.

Wonder what happened there to get such a quick grant and CO allocation!

janjanxx Oct 27th 2008 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by looky (Post 6916814)
Someone in the other 119/857 thread got granted a 857 in about 2.5 months from Brisbane business office and applied in Sep this year. Got a CO within a week or two of application.

Wonder what happened there to get such a quick grant and CO allocation!

WHO? 857 is onshore - but cant see that making tooooo much of a difference...