British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Anyone got RSMS Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anyone-got-rsms-visa-540886/)

janjanxx Oct 16th 2008 7:34 am

Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6880254)
I land on 1st December. :eek::thumbup::thumbsup:

I'll be damed.... I told you yours would be quick... Brisbane ... Looky .. sit back and enjoy the ride - 16 weeks and NO CASE OFFICER!!!...

Well done Pony !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janjanxx Oct 16th 2008 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Swheeler (Post 6880388)
Hello Everyone

I want to join in the waiting game, we lodged our application on the 2nd October in Adelaide.:thumbsup:

Swheeler ... WELCOME ... at last you lodge !!

Bix Oct 16th 2008 9:39 am

Originally Posted by looky (Post 6879498)
it is unlikely that I will be asked for any additional document except maybe form 80.

They usually ask for the main applicants original police checks as well as the form 80 Looky.

ponyrama Oct 16th 2008 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6880401)
I'll be damed.... I told you yours would be quick... Brisbane ... Looky .. sit back and enjoy the ride - 16 weeks and NO CASE OFFICER!!!...

Cheers Jan! Here's hoping Brissy get their finger out and get processing yours a bit quicker. :thumbup::thumbsup:

Safin Oct 16th 2008 9:49 pm

WEEE heee we can stay long enough to submit to RCB ..... they've finally submitted the 457 application so we don't have to leave in a fortnight - well not unless they refuse it we don't.

Back to stage 1 of the RSMS now that's taken care of. Will it ever end.

looky Oct 17th 2008 3:12 am

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6880401)

I have asked this question a number of times but with no conclusive answer so far as to why Brisbane office is so different to the other state office?!!!! Why does it seem to have staff shortage issues while the other state office process application so much quicker! Is it because more applications are recieved (more people wanting to come to Qld)...I doubt it.

Bix Oct 17th 2008 3:20 am

Originally Posted by looky (Post 6883755)
I have asked this question a number of times but with no conclusive answer so far as to why Brisbane office is so different to the other state office?!!!! Why does it seem to have staff shortage issues while the other state office process application so much quicker! Is it because more applications are recieved (more people wanting to come to Qld)...I doubt it.

I explained in post 23.

Safin Oct 17th 2008 3:23 am

I think they swapped around which departments dealt with what recently and moved staff around. As a result I think that Brisbane was shut for a while then had a lack of staff and also has a lot of newer staff who presumably aren't as quick as experienced.

But then I might be talking rubbish for all I know. This is just what I've picked up over various threads in the last few months.

Ah and yours is one of the posts I mean Bix

Burbage Oct 20th 2008 3:34 am

Hi All, been reading the thread. My visa details are in the sig, but is the impression that things are starting to speed up in Brisbane? Latest from Bix was that an application from mid-June has got someone working on it? Was that an application, like mine, where the nomination application and my visa aplication were lodged together? The enquiry was about the nomination?

Janx... it's you I'm watching!! You're a month ahead of me. Have you heard anything yet??? Must be close now.

Why can't Brisbane send a few apps out to Darwin and Parramatta?? Eh? Eh?Those boys and girls have nothing to do.

I've been renting here for two years now, nearly and I desparately want to buy a place. Need to wait for the blasted visa to get the stamp duty waiver and the 1st home buyers allowance.

I've discovered I can't have a sig for 48 hours, so you'll have to do with this:

RSMS 857 Onshore. Nomination and application lodged together. Application received by Brisbane office 01/08/08. Money robbed from my account 04/08/08. Waiting.

Safin Oct 20th 2008 9:14 am

Hi Burbage, nice of you to join us in the mad house....

Bix Oct 20th 2008 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 6891009)
Hi All, been reading the thread. My visa details are in the sig, but is the impression that things are starting to speed up in Brisbane? Latest from Bix was that an application from mid-June has got someone working on it? Was that an application, like mine, where the nomination application and my visa aplication were lodged together? The enquiry was about the nomination?

Janx... it's you I'm watching!! You're a month ahead of me. Have you heard anything yet??? Must be close now.

Why can't Brisbane send a few apps out to Darwin and Parramatta?? Eh? Eh?Those boys and girls have nothing to do.

I've been renting here for two years now, nearly and I desparately want to buy a place. Need to wait for the blasted visa to get the stamp duty waiver and the 1st home buyers allowance.

Hi Burbage.

The mid June application was front loaded (everything included).
The questions from DIAC were on the employer side of things. We think it may be the CO doing the preliminaries for the case but as of yet it is not confirmed.

I heard DIAC were holding Janx's case until special payments were made :lol:

Interesting you should say about farming out to other offices. I was looking at ACT site yesterday for the RSMS and the average process time is 15 days !!!

Well worth you holding out for the visa grant before buying eh ? :thumbup:

Looking forward to Oz Oct 20th 2008 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 6891547)
Interesting you should say about farming out to other offices. I was looking at ACT site yesterday for the RSMS and the average process time is 15 days !!!

15 DAYS!!!!!!!! Where is ACT?? Do they have more cleaners than brisbane?? :confused:

Bix Oct 20th 2008 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 6891949)
15 DAYS!!!!!!!! Where is ACT?? Do they have more cleaners than brisbane?? :confused:

Australian Capital Territory = Canberra.

Looking forward to Oz Oct 20th 2008 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 6891954)
Australian Capital Territory = Canberra.

Hmmm. Guess i should read some books on Oz before i board a plane!! (i did know canberra was capital though!).

ponyrama Oct 20th 2008 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 6891949)

I think the Parramatta cleaner does a split shift at ACT! :thumbsup::rofl:

Burbage Oct 21st 2008 1:16 am

Bix,

What number do you guys call to get info from the Brisbane Business center? All they have on their stationery is the number for the general Immi dept.

janjanxx Oct 21st 2008 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 6894276)
Bix,

What number do you guys call to get info from the Brisbane Business center? All they have on their stationery is the number for the general Immi dept.

Hi Burbage - and welcome - at least someone has their eye on me cause Brisbane sure dont !! :thumbdown:

I am with an Agent so cant do anything on my side - he has gone into hibernation.. or his computer has blown up as I haven't had a response from two of my emails... what's up?

Am going to give him till Friday and then call.. not to upset him .. but he is Mara Registered so he better respond before then ... 17 weeks and still no case officer !! Outrageous !!

Burbage Oct 22nd 2008 1:11 am

I'm thinking of taking a couple of weeks off and flying down to Brisbane to give them a hand. It can't be that hard.

Why can't we have a Cairns Business Centre? Eh? Eh? FNQ is virtually its own state anyway.

janjanxx Oct 22nd 2008 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 6897974)
I'm thinking of taking a couple of weeks off and flying down to Brisbane to give them a hand. It can't be that hard.

Why can't we have a Cairns Business Centre? Eh? Eh? FNQ is virtually its own state anyway.

Or Pony's office - they were also chop chop and on the ball... if you do go to Brisbane.. please pick up my file and finalise it !! ...:rofl:

Burbage Oct 22nd 2008 6:09 am

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6898370)
Or Pony's office - they were also chop chop and on the ball... if you do go to Brisbane.. please pick up my file and finalise it !! ...:rofl:

Am I right in thinking that Bix's colleague should be next? Mid July application?

janjanxx Oct 22nd 2008 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 6898383)
Am I right in thinking that Bix's colleague should be next? Mid July application?

Possibly - anyone who lodged anywhere other than Brisbane - bring on their Visa lol....

Burbage.. where you heading? What's your occupation...

Bix - Think I'm gonna make that special payment now !! ... they leave me no choice lol

Burbage Oct 22nd 2008 6:26 am

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6898396)
Possibly - anyone who lodged anywhere other than Brisbane - bring on their Visa lol....

Burbage.. where you heading? What's your occupation...

Bix - Think I'm gonna make that special payment now !! ... they leave me no choice lol

I don't want to hear about people who lodged anywhere else. It's too depressing.

I'm already in Australia. I'm a scientist.

janjanxx Oct 22nd 2008 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 6898416)
I don't want to hear about people who lodged anywhere else. It's too depressing.

I'm already in Australia. I'm a scientist.

Hmm suppose I couldn't have seen that but missed it !! lol

I agree.... but at least you are there... we sitting hearing nothing and not knowing whether we will ever get there !! Very frustrating....

"Far North Queensland" ?

Looking forward to Oz Oct 22nd 2008 10:48 pm

Janjan - your visa must come through soon...its been ages for you!! I know Brisbane have a bed reputation and all but still, i thought RSMS's were supposed to be 'fast track' visas??!! :ohmy:

Do you know the timescale of how long it took for your employer certificate to come through? Apparently you cant lodge employer nomination until you have the employer certificate...

Thanks. x

p.s - Good luck. I'm cheering from the sidelines for you!

Burbage Oct 22nd 2008 11:51 pm

Perhaps we should start a thread to track the Brisbane office progress. The problem is that the updates are so few that it would need to be stickied, or it would keep getting buried.

AS far as I can see:

Bix's First Mate: Mid-April Submission Granted date ???
Bix's Second Mate: Mid June Submission: Some contact a week ago re the nomination application.
JanJanxx: 1/07/08: No word yet
Burbage: 1/08/08: No word yet

Who else has their app in the Brisbane office?

looky Oct 23rd 2008 12:32 am

I don't feel that anxious for my 857 anymore, more keen for my 175 to get moving along. Its been a little more than a month and the medicals are still not updated on the online status yet! So much for faster processing for onshore 175 application!

Safin Oct 23rd 2008 1:51 am

Might find it all gets done together when the CO get allocated Looky. Then that'll be a nice surprise.

Hey at least you're lodged! I'm not at that point where I am looking at the online update page every couple of hours re the 457 they've submittted. Our current 457 runs out next Friday! And whilst we're legal til they make the decision on this renewal I'll feel a whole lot better once it's granted. And then we have to try and get the employer to sort out the RSMS for once and all.

l

Bix Oct 23rd 2008 2:01 am

Bix's First Mate: Mid-April Submission Granted date 30 Sept
Bix's Second Mate: Mid June Submission: Some contact a week ago re the nomination application.
JanJanxx: 1/07/08: No word yet
Burbage: 1/08/08: No word yet

Burbage Oct 23rd 2008 4:42 am

Brisbane Office Timeline and predictions...

Bix's First Mate: Mid-April Submission Granted date 30 Sept (159 days)
Bix's Second Mate: Mid June Submission: Some contact 11 Oct re: the nomination application. (130 days so far)
JanJanxx: 1/07/08: No word yet (115 days so far)
Burbage: 1/08/08: No word yet (85 days so far)

Grant date prediction based on only result in so far, assuming no complications:

Bix's second mate: November 21 2008
JanJanxx: December 8th 2008
Burbage: 8th January 2009

Am I obsessed with this or what?

Safin Oct 23rd 2008 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 6901634)
Brisbane Office Timeline and predictions...

Bix's First Mate: Mid-April Submission Granted date 30 Sept (159 days)
Bix's Second Mate: Mid June Submission: Some contact 11 Oct re: the nomination application. (130 days so far)
JanJanxx: 1/07/08: No word yet (115 days so far)
Burbage: 1/08/08: No word yet (85 days so far)

Grant date prediction based on only result in so far, assuming no complications:

Bix's second mate: November 21 2008
JanJanxx: December 8th 2008
Burbage: 8th January 2009

Am I obsessed with this or what?

yep you are....
can you prediict when I'll get started

Safin Oct 23rd 2008 4:52 am

feeling very blue today - waiting for 457 grant AND RSMS application getting to me

Someone tell me a joke

Burbage Oct 23rd 2008 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6901658)
feeling very blue today - waiting for 457 grant AND RSMS application getting to me

Someone tell me a joke

Brisbane Business Centre

janjanxx Oct 23rd 2008 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Burbage (Post 6901690)
Brisbane Business Centre

lol Burbage - excellent response....

Yes you are obsessed - I was tooo in the beginning... I did start a thread called "Anyone lodged Brisbane" .. have a looky see...

8 December ? This year? ... Can only hope !!! ...

Saf... chin up ... we'll all get what we want in the end..

looky Oct 23rd 2008 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6901306)
Might find it all gets done together when the CO get allocated Looky. Then that'll be a nice surprise.

Hey at least you're lodged! I'm not at that point where I am looking at the online update page every couple of hours re the 457 they've submittted. Our current 457 runs out next Friday! And whilst we're legal til they make the decision on this renewal I'll feel a whole lot better once it's granted. And then we have to try and get the employer to sort out the RSMS for once and all.

l

Well I hope they don't grant the 175 before the 857 without enough time in between for me to cancel the 857.

My plan if it all goes smoothly is getting 857 in less than half a year (cheaper health insurance and lots of other access to things only PR have access to) then followed by 175 (yay no 2 year condition).

Safin Oct 23rd 2008 6:56 am

SOunds like a plan. Maybe its worth making sure the CO for the 857 is aware of the 175 so they don't accidentally cock it up - or have you already done that?

I know (god! at this point -pray) it'll come good in the end but taking it this close to the wire isn't funny.

Ok Burbage with the smart answers? Lets add in the rest of the thread here...Pony doesn't count as she created a miracle, theres Looky and Looking forward to oz to add to your sweepstakes for grants and me for a lodgement date . Any other (potential) RSMS'ers out there?

Safin Oct 23rd 2008 7:03 am

oh
Nick.d Visa app arrived 05/05/08, Meds done 15/09/08
Swheeler 2/10 Adelaide

and Burkins could be used as a reference point Adelaide? 5/6 - 31/7

That covers all us chickens over the last 3 pages

looky Oct 23rd 2008 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6901811)
SOunds like a plan. Maybe its worth making sure the CO for the 857 is aware of the 175 so they don't accidentally cock it up - or have you already done that?

What would be the best way to do that? I don't even know if I have a CO or not. Writing a letter to the Brisbane business center postal address I mailed the 857 application to?

What would I put in the letter/how would I word the letter...to grant my 857 before 175? I don't think thats the way it works. Give me some ideas?

janjanxx Oct 23rd 2008 7:13 am

Originally Posted by looky (Post 6901827)
What would be the best way to do that? I don't even know if I have a CO or not. Writing a letter to the Brisbane business center postal address I mailed the 857 application to?

What would I put in the letter/how would I word the letter...to grant my 857 before 175? I don't think thats the way it works. Give me some ideas?

Old and Bold could also be used ...

Swheeler Oct 23rd 2008 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6901820)
oh
Nick.d Visa app arrived 05/05/08, Meds done 15/09/08
Swheeler 2/10 Adelaide

and Burkins could be used as a reference point Adelaide? 5/6 - 31/7

That covers all us chickens over the last 3 pages

Yeah it looks like i wont have to wait long then go adelaide:thumbsup:

janjanxx Oct 23rd 2008 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Swheeler (Post 6901836)
Yeah it looks like i wont have to wait long then go adelaide:thumbsup:

Word is : Brisbane is working on May/June applications ....