British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Anyone got RSMS Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anyone-got-rsms-visa-540886/)

looky Oct 2nd 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Anyone got RSMS Visa

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6841153)
I agree !! ... Looky do you know this as FACT... I'm just not sure whether we getting our 100% from Agent !! ... Wish he would just phone them and pushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a bit !!

Nah I derived at this conclusion after reading threads after threads since I joined this forum.

janjanxx Oct 2nd 2008 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by looky (Post 6841163)
Nah I derived at this conclusion after reading threads after threads since I joined this forum.

Hmmm yip me toooo..

ponyrama Oct 3rd 2008 4:13 am

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6841169)
Hmmm yip me toooo..

However - check out the BE Update visa grants page - Brisbane apps seem to be top of the list for 175/176 grants - some going through in 4 months. :confused:

looky Oct 3rd 2008 2:33 pm

I forgot I won't be seeing 'applicant approved' on the 175 online status before hearing from the CO as I need to be offshore before the visa grant.

Nick.d Oct 6th 2008 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6841169)
Hmmm yip me toooo..

Whats the latest with you janjanxx, heard anything yet? my Meds were sent off to HOC on the 30th Sept, do you know if there is anyway I can find out :-

1) They arrived safely

2) The results of their decision, or do I just have to wait till my CO lets me know.

Nick

janjanxx Oct 6th 2008 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Nick.d (Post 6851830)
Whats the latest with you janjanxx, heard anything yet? my Meds were sent off to HOC on the 30th Sept, do you know if there is anyway I can find out :-

1) They arrived safely

2) The results of their decision, or do I just have to wait till my CO lets me know.

Nick

Hi Nick - absolutely nothing... either my Agent's computer has blown up or he is ignoring my "what's happening" emails...

Think you need to wait for your CO...unless you sent it with a courier company then track it with them ...

ponyrama Oct 6th 2008 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Nick.d (Post 6851830)

1) They arrived safely

Nick

Search the immi site for Health Operations Centre. There is a web enquiry form on there which you can use to e-mail them. Give them date posted, your name, DOB, passport number and any mail tracking reference you have and they should e-mail you back with confirmation of receipt and details of where they are up to with processing. :thumbsup:

janjanxx Oct 6th 2008 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6851888)
Search the immi site for Health Operations Centre. There is a web enquiry form on there which you can use to e-mail them. Give them date posted, your name, DOB, passport number and any mail tracking reference you have and they should e-mail you back with confirmation of receipt and details of where they are up to with processing. :thumbsup:

Pony - do you have the web link for that ??? If I have an Agent can I do that?

ponyrama Oct 6th 2008 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by janjanxx (Post 6851898)
Pony - do you have the web link for that ??? If I have an Agent can I do that?

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...hoc-sydney.htm

Not sure about agent thing? Does form 160 and 26 have agent declaration on it? In which case they may not tell you? Try - see what happens. :thumbsup:

janjanxx Oct 6th 2008 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6851924)
http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...hoc-sydney.htm

Not sure about agent thing? Does form 160 and 26 have agent declaration on it? In which case they may not tell you? Try - see what happens. :thumbsup:

Thanks I might do that.

Nick.d Oct 6th 2008 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6851888)

ponyrama, thanks for that info, I will do that in a couple of days, as my meds were sent via Royal Mail so who knows how long that will take !!!!

Nick

thomson2008 Oct 7th 2008 12:12 am

The Regional Skilled Migration Scheme (RSMS) is intended to facilitate the entry of skilled workers who have a job offer in a regional area of Australia. Criteria for grant of RSMS visas are generally easier to meet than for the ENS, but RSMS visas are subject to cancellation if the employee does not remain with the employer for 2 years.

Bix Oct 7th 2008 12:37 am

Originally Posted by thomson2008 (Post 6852317)
but RSMS visas are subject to cancellation if the employee does not remain with the employer for 2 years.

That needs qualifying with what else it says:

"It is not intended to cancel a visa where the employee had made a genuine effort to complete the 2 year contract with the employer."

Burkins Oct 7th 2008 8:05 am

Had a gloomy thought today. If the new employers suddenly became victim to the credit crunch and made redundancies what would happen to us and our visa? Are they legally entitled to give hubbie 2 years work??

Safin Oct 7th 2008 10:14 am

Don't think so - they can make you redundant if you are there so I guess they could before you get there...sorry not the answer you wanted

looky Oct 7th 2008 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Burkins (Post 6853878)
Had a gloomy thought today. If the new employers suddenly became victim to the credit crunch and made redundancies what would happen to us and our visa? Are they legally entitled to give hubbie 2 years work??

Since its a rsms not a 457, they will be giving you the free card of not having to be with them for 2 years but still have the PR if they made the position redundant i would think.

Bix Oct 7th 2008 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Burkins (Post 6853878)

We were discussing that in work last week.

If you hold a 2 year contract concensus of opinion was that they would have to pay up the contract or if they went bust you would be a creditor.

From the visa aspect you would not have broken your committment so the remaining question to DICA is are you able to work anywhere in Australia or still restricted to finding work in a regional area.

Safin Oct 7th 2008 1:02 pm

I've been led to believe they can let you go without penalty to them if the workload changes. And that you are then free to do as you like regional or not as by then you have the PR and it was based on the orginal job being regional not subsequent ones.

Any agents out there to confirm this?

Looking forward to Oz Oct 10th 2008 8:50 am

There is a general thread going about 'employer references' and how you need a reference from your employer re: job description, salary, working hours, which all has to be typed up on company letterhead paper.

Are these employer references required for our application (RSMS 119)? I remember my agent asking for references but i just refered her to my sponsor (it's a weekend now so I won't get a response from her anytime soon!). My new employer requested so I assume received, references when they were doing their background check. I think these were just short and general references though not long detailed cv type.

Out of panic i've spent a good hour (ok, probably about half) looking for details on DIAC website but i cant find a darn thing!! ALSO, if your skill is on MODL (which mine is) do you have to have your skills tested?

Guess these should be questions i should ask my agent. She has never raised the issue so I figured all was fine - until I read threads on here!! arghhhhhhh

:curse:

ponyrama Oct 10th 2008 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 6864191)
There is a general thread going about 'employer references' and how you need a reference from your employer re: job description, salary, working hours, which all has to be typed up on company letterhead paper.

Are these employer references required for our application (RSMS 119)? I remember my agent asking for references but i just refered her to my sponsor (it's a weekend now so I won't get a response from her anytime soon!). My new employer requested so I assume received, references when they were doing their background check. I think these were just short and general references though not long detailed cv type.

Out of panic i've spent a good hour (ok, probably about half) looking for details on DIAC website but i cant find a darn thing!! ALSO, if your skill is on MODL (which mine is) do you have to have your skills tested?

Guess these should be questions i should ask my agent. She has never raised the issue so I figured all was fine - until I read threads on here!! arghhhhhhh

If you download a copy of form 47es from the immi website there is a checklist at the back of that of what you have to provide. I had to provide evidence of my qualifications for the purposes of RCB and then employer references and evidence of qualifications (as well as a bunch of other stuff) for my 119 app. I got references for my last three jobs which are relevant to the job I have been sponsored for - on headed paper stating position, dates, salary and the main duties of the job. :D

P.S. I think you only needs skills assessment for ENS not RSMS.

Looking forward to Oz Oct 10th 2008 10:00 am

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6864235)

References on headed paper stating position, dates, salary and the main duties of the job. :D

Hmmm. I haven't done that!! And really can't be bothered to!! Damn stupid DIAC, why cant anything be simple!! Do you really have to state salaries? What happens if employers object to stating salary because its market sensitive or something!? :eek:

Why are DIAC interest in our previous salaries? Surely its the current one they want to know!

Bix Oct 10th 2008 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 6864191)

I supplied references with my application but they were not detailed job specific ones or CVs. They were general letters from companies and individuals I had worked with, not from employers.

Just said stuff like "found him to be very very proffessional", "knows what he is talking about", what a bloody nice fellow" etc :D

Full details of your work history is already on your application so if DIAC want to spot check any of that they will without you knowing.

As Pony says skills assessment is required for ENS.
It is not usually required for RSMS but DIAC do have the right to ask for it.
I would think it very unlikely in your case though as you do have recognised qualifications. (I had none)

Bix Oct 10th 2008 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz (Post 6864357)
Hmmm. I haven't done that!! And really can't be bothered to!! Damn stupid DIAC, why cant anything be simple!! Do you really have to state salaries? What happens if employers object to stating salary because its market sensitive or something!? :eek:

Why are DIAC interest in our previous salaries? Surely its the current one they want to know!

No you don't have to state salaries of previous work.
Yes they will want a full job offer letter or contract detailing conditions of employment though.

Two major things they check is that the job is guaranteed for a minimum of 2 years and the salary is at least the minimum for the type of job as laid down in immigration rules.

These are actually things that protect the immigrant.

Bix Oct 10th 2008 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 6838446)
Yip. :)

Lodged onshore mid April.
Co appointed and visa granted within the last week. :thumbup:

We also have one who lodged onshore in June.
Heard nothing so far.

DIAC just contacted the company asking a couple of questions on their side of the application.

We think this may be the CO.

He lodged mid June.

ponyrama Oct 14th 2008 7:27 pm

I got my visa! :eek::thumbup:

Bix Oct 14th 2008 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6876152)

Many congratulations Pony :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Safin Oct 14th 2008 9:19 pm

WOW - make that cleaner a cup of tea......23 days......

Burkins Oct 14th 2008 9:32 pm

Congratulations!

Nick.d Oct 14th 2008 9:45 pm

WOW !!! What fantastic news, congratulations. :thumbsup:

By the way, thank you for the tip about enquiring about receipt of medicals at HOC, I did that and am now awaiting their response.

Nick

Nick.d Oct 14th 2008 9:47 pm

How did they let you know? by email or post?

looky Oct 14th 2008 10:12 pm

That was quick! Congrats!

Wonder when mine will be granted! We have similar timeline but I applied onshore and different Business center.

Looking forward to Oz Oct 14th 2008 11:14 pm

OMG Pony!!!

That is AMAZING!!! Congrats. Oh, Im so jealous!!!!

At least when people get granted visas you know that DIAC are actually doing something!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ponyrama Oct 15th 2008 3:51 am

Thanks for the congrats people - Its an amazing feeling. I have been on cloud 73 all day! :rofl:

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6876461)
WOW - make that cleaner a cup of tea......23 days......

I'm finding out who she is and giving her a job (after she does your RSMS ;))

Originally Posted by Nick.d (Post 6876565)
WOW !!! What fantastic news, congratulations. :thumbsup:

By the way, thank you for the tip about enquiring about receipt of medicals at HOC, I did that and am now awaiting their response.

Nick

No worries - the info I got was spot on - meds processed Monday as indicated. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Nick.d (Post 6876574)
How did they let you know? by email or post?

E-mail with PDF of grant letter attached. I got home today and my paper copy acknowledgement was on the door mat. Bit late for that now! Ha Ha!

Originally Posted by looky (Post 6876685)
That was quick! Congrats!

Wonder when mine will be granted! We have similar timeline but I applied onshore and different Business center.

Where hav you lodged Looky and when?

looky Oct 15th 2008 10:53 am

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6878040)

Where hav you lodged Looky and when?

Lodged at Brisbane business center (posted actually not in person) on the 19 Sep and recieved ack letter dated 2nd Oct.

ponyrama Oct 15th 2008 11:00 am

Originally Posted by looky (Post 6879424)
Lodged at Brisbane business center (posted actually not in person) on the 19 Sep and recieved ack letter dated 2nd Oct.

Hmmmm - Brisbane are quite slow I believe at the moment.:( I know they were advertising for staff recently. Have you tried e-mailing them to find out how they are doing towards processing standard? Have you done your meds? I know Jan lodged Brisbane and has been waiting several months for a CO. :confused::blink:

looky Oct 15th 2008 11:21 am

Originally Posted by ponyrama (Post 6879442)
Hmmmm - Brisbane are quite slow I believe at the moment.:( I know they were advertising for staff recently. Have you tried e-mailing them to find out how they are doing towards processing standard? Have you done your meds? I know Jan lodged Brisbane and has been waiting several months for a CO. :confused::blink:

I did not email them about the visa progress as i thought its only a few weeks since application. I did my medicals way back in April or May at HSA and the application has the complete documents with medical results, pcc, positive skill assessment, IELTS result, work reference, group certificate, pay slip etc. which means it is unlikely that I will be asked for any additional document except maybe form 80.

The ack letter did list a processing time of 5 to 6 months but i thought that might be a standard template that they use.

ponyrama Oct 15th 2008 11:39 am

Originally Posted by looky (Post 6879498)
The ack letter did list a processing time of 5 to 6 months but i thought that might be a standard template that they use.

5 months is the service standard for low risk RSMS - when I e-mailed Parramatta they confirmed that all applications were currently being processed inside the service standard - so that gave me a maximum wait scenario.

I wasnt quite prepared for the minimum though! Hehe. :thumbsup:

Safin Oct 15th 2008 12:11 pm

When are you coming over ?

ponyrama Oct 15th 2008 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 6879590)
When are you coming over ?

I land on 1st December. :eek::thumbup::thumbsup:

Swheeler Oct 15th 2008 7:28 pm

Hello Everyone

I want to join in the waiting game, we lodged our application on the 2nd October in Adelaide.:thumbsup: