Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Are you still thinking of going to PP? I noticed in the RCN mag today that the Mater are going to be interviewing next month. We are not going to be over there till the end of next year so don't know whether we are being a bit early in applying?

JOHN
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

fictionalsummer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 1968_karen
Simon

I dont want to hear that it was "pretty hard". I want you to say that you were pleasantly surprised.

I have mine on Saturday - Im very nervous. Really worried about the writing part.

I will let you know how I get on.

Karen
Karen,
I'm sure you'll be fine. Try not to get too nervous, stay calm and make sure you keep your eye on the clock. Time goes so quickly, so leave yourself enough time in the reading and the writing.

Make sure you get the second part of the writing done as it is worth twice as many marks as the first part.

When you go in, your photo and i.d. number is already on a desk so dont worry about seating. The layout of the test is explained so again dont worry about writing things in the wrong place. At the end of each section the test paper is collected so you have a little breather.

You wait in a couple of weeks time you'll be leaving a message on here saying...PASSED!!!

Keep us all posted,
Simon
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice
Question Re: Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Hi there i have applied for GSM 175 i am a staff nurse so on the CSL, but i was under the impression that u didn't need to sit the IELTS as i am a british citizen with british passport.....i am in a panic now thinking i might have missed something. My ANMC skills assessment was granted on 14th July and i have the letter of determination

Can someone help?

Lorraine
Old Sep 11th 2009, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

its the state when you reg. with them that require you to have IELTS academic band 7...

where are you going... we are going to Qld and i know its needed there..
Old Sep 11th 2009, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

fictionalsummer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xLaLax
Hi there i have applied for GSM 175 i am a staff nurse so on the CSL, but i was under the impression that u didn't need to sit the IELTS as i am a british citizen with british passport.....i am in a panic now thinking i might have missed something. My ANMC skills assessment was granted on 14th July and i have the letter of determination

Can someone help?

Lorraine
Hi there, from the 01/07/09 all nurses have to sit the academic module of the IELTS to get their skills assessment with the ANMC. Before this time there was an exemption for nurses who qualified in an English speaking country.

I would guess because you already have your letter of determination your skills assessment is fine. Not sure whether you will need to sit the test to register with the state you are going to.
Simon
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fictionalsummer
Hi there, from the 01/07/09 all nurses have to sit the academic module of the IELTS to get their skills assessment with the ANMC. Before this time there was an exemption for nurses who qualified in an English speaking country.

I would guess because you already have your letter of determination your skills assessment is fine. Not sure whether you will need to sit the test to register with the state you are going to.
Simon
Hi Yes you will have to sit the academic test i applied to ANMC last december and you didnt have to have an English test, but for my main application for 10 extra points you could sit the test and you had a choice of two academic and general, the general is easier and was the same amount of points, which i paid £100 and pasted, however now i have come to register with Queensland nursing council they require the academic test it is compulsory so i have to pay another £105 to sit another test, the law changed in july of this year.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Sat my IELTS this morning. The listening and speak parts were very easy. I hope i did ok in the other two parts because I really dont want to do that again.

Hats off to everyone that takes the test and English isnt their first language. Most of the people I spoke to had to get a 7 as well because of what they wanted to do.

There were over fifty people there and I was the only English person. One man even said to me "wow your accent is really good!" The examiners laughed as I walked up the corridor to do my speaking test. Im glad they found it amusing!

I will let you know how I get on.

Karen

p.s. good news is my 457 employee nomination has been approved by Immigration - so I will apply for my visa next week. Im getting excited!
Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice
Smile Re: Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Thanks for the advice people, will get my academic sat as soon as possible then i can get registered with the QNC
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

sarahhartopp will become famous soon enoughsarahhartopp will become famous soon enough

Hey

I am currently working through the IELTS practice test book by Peter May, which is very good.

However i still have 3 weeks to go until i sit my exam/test so i was wondering if there was anybody who has recently sat the Academic test that could give me some of the topics for the writing section (this is the one i am most fearing) so that i can compile a list of topics and then test myself at home with a stop watch for extra practice.

So i know the first section is 150 words on a graph or pie chart - so what kind of topics were they on and then the other section is 250 words i believe and it is a title/topic that i have to write about and discuss.

Just wondering what the topics were, dont want any answers as that will defeat the object, just a few ideas on the topics would be fabulous !!!!

Many Thanks in advance x
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light

I got all our test ideas from this site http://www.ielts-exam.net/index.php?...d=15&Itemid=64

JOHN
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough1968_karen is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sarahhartopp
Hey

I am currently working through the IELTS practice test book by Peter May, which is very good.

However i still have 3 weeks to go until i sit my exam/test so i was wondering if there was anybody who has recently sat the Academic test that could give me some of the topics for the writing section (this is the one i am most fearing) so that i can compile a list of topics and then test myself at home with a stop watch for extra practice.

So i know the first section is 150 words on a graph or pie chart - so what kind of topics were they on and then the other section is 250 words i believe and it is a title/topic that i have to write about and discuss.

Just wondering what the topics were, dont want any answers as that will defeat the object, just a few ideas on the topics would be fabulous !!!!

Many Thanks in advance x
Hi

I had my test on 12/9. The 250 word essay asking for your opinion on students taking a year out prior to going to Uni and whether or not they should work or go travelling.

The 150 essay was on a bar chart and a pie chart. The bar chart had three countries covering 2 years. It gave some information about bananas exportation. The pie chart gave percentages of distribution. You had to describe them.

Hope that helps!

Karen
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mr luvpants
I got all our test ideas from this site http://www.ielts-exam.net/index.php?...d=15&Itemid=64

JOHN
cool thanks for that link x
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 1968_karen
Hi

I had my test on 12/9. The 250 word essay asking for your opinion on students taking a year out prior to going to Uni and whether or not they should work or go travelling.

The 150 essay was on a bar chart and a pie chart. The bar chart had three countries covering 2 years. It gave some information about bananas exportation. The pie chart gave percentages of distribution. You had to describe them.

Hope that helps!

Karen

Excellant,

Thanks for that, the more ideas i get the more practice i can do !!!

Sarah x
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice

Hi All
I am in the process of looking into a move to QLD as a midwife. I realise i will have to sit the IELTS acedemic test but wondered will my husband need to complete this also or just the basic (hgv driver) or none at all. I also wondered when the test is valid until as this is something we could do whilst awaiting other areas of the procedure??? Our time scale to relocate is 2 years.
Thanks in advance

Jo x
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice

Is it compulsary ? forgot to ask that ?
Jo x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.