Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

fictionalsummer will become famous soon enough
Default Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Hi all,

After reading the IELTS page on what test to sit if you are migrating to an English speaking country I contacted nearest test centre, sent off my application and payment requesting a general test. So I'm due to sit the test in Bath this Saturday or so I thought, until I properly read the ANMC skills assessment pack . I've just e-mailed them to cancel the cheque.

They are asking for the academic test for your nursing skills assessment. I'm not really sure what I'm asking for in this thread? (just panicking about the test and the thought of losing £105.)

I know the ielts has only just become compulsory for all nurses from 01/07/09.

Are there any nurses who have sat the academic test for skills assessment? I suppose I just want to make sure I'm sitting the right test.

p.s.
I know I haven't posted or joined many threads on here before but the ball has finally started rolling on our quest to Oz. So heres to many more
Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:47 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

Originally Posted by fictionalsummer
Hi all,

After reading the IELTS page on what test to sit if you are migrating to an English speaking country I contacted nearest test centre, sent off my application and payment requesting a general test. So I'm due to sit the test in Bath this Saturday or so I thought, until I properly read the ANMC skills assessment pack . I've just e-mailed them to cancel the cheque.

They are asking for the academic test for your nursing skills assessment. I'm not really sure what I'm asking for in this thread? (just panicking about the test and the thought of losing £105.)

I know the ielts has only just become compulsory for all nurses from 01/07/09.

Are there any nurses who have sat the academic test for skills assessment? I suppose I just want to make sure I'm sitting the right test.

p.s.
I know I haven't posted or joined many threads on here before but the ball has finally started rolling on our quest to Oz. So heres to many more
It is definitely the Academic IELTS you should be sitting, and if you go onto amazon.co.uk or whichever is your local site for buying books, look up the Peter May study guide and you will be fine! It helped me and I got 9, 9, 9 and 8.5 with an overall 9, the 8.5 being in writing lol

Good luck
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
It is definitely the Academic IELTS you should be sitting, and if you go onto amazon.co.uk or whichever is your local site for buying books, look up the Peter May study guide and you will be fine! It helped me and I got 9, 9, 9 and 8.5 with an overall 9, the 8.5 being in writing lol

Good luck
Thank you for that.
With those scores you could start writing your own guide to passing the test

Just hope Bath Uni are understanding
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:40 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that.
With those scores you could start writing your own guide to passing the test

Just hope Bath Uni are understanding
Fingers crossed you'll be grand, keep us all posted! Jen
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:26 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

How did you get on?
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Fingers crossed you'll be grand, keep us all posted! Jen
Bath Uni were understanding, sent the check back

Have to arrange new date, looking at going to Bristol in Sept if they still have places.

I'll keep you all posted!!!
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lyx
How did you get on?
Bath Uni were fine, looking to get test sorted in Bristol now.

As you seem to be going through the same process as myself but are a good few steps in front, I wonder if I could throw out a few questions to you along my Visa pathway should I need to?

I'm a mental health nurse working CAMHS looking to relocate with my wife and three children. Hoping for somewhere near Sydney (north)
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:52 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Yeah I'll be happy to help when I can.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

THANK YOU
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:03 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

And at the same time maybe you could give me some info on sydney areas as it looks as though my OH may have a better chance of getting his state registrartion there. (Plumbing - nightmare) We're looking into it right now.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

That's what we are all here for so ask away

You can also use the search option for a quick check on something specific which is really helpful.Good luck with IELTS,I did the General in Feb then had to do the Academic in June when all things were about to change at ANMCYou should do just fine but the practice papers really help with your timing and give a general overview of what to expect.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shirlw
That's what we are all here for so ask away

You can also use the search option for a quick check on something specific which is really helpful.Good luck with IELTS,I did the General in Feb then had to do the Academic in June when all things were about to change at ANMCYou should do just fine but the practice papers really help with your timing and give a general overview of what to expect.
Just posted another application form to sit the test in early September, better start practicing

I'll keep you all posted.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:09 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Just posted another application form to sit the test in early September, better start practicing

I'll keep you all posted.
I would highly recommend this book, its got practice papers in for every section, including two cd's for the listening!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/IELTS-Practi...0337101&sr=8-1

Last edited by Jen1977ni; Aug 20th 2009 at 9:15 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Any nurses sitting or sat IELTS for skills assessment?

I would highly recommend this book, its got practice papers in for every section, including two cd's for the listening!

Thanks for that, i did look the author up on Amazon when you mentioned him in your previous message. Didn't find the book you are recommending so bought a guide by someone else, can't remember the name and still waiting for it to arrive.

Hope its ok now??
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Hi

i got this one because of your recommendation... i knew it was the right one as you have given views of it on Amazon.

thanks so much.... every little helps... will let you know how much after the 12th of September...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.