Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by caveman1
Problem is they didn't say how long "a few weeks " was. So I won"t be holding my breath. More like 8 weeks min I think!!!!. I would love to be proved wrong. So meanwhile we wait and wait
here's hoping you are wrong! ;-) keep us posted!
Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:26 am
Just Joined

Piper4d is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

looks as if mine won't get processed until 200?????? at this rate:
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:10 am
Glorianic

Australia is an unknown quantity at this point

ye4sterday, so it looks likje we still have to wait

Gloria

Originally Posted by donovandenese
when was this reply sent?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

milent is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Does anyone know whether an application for a Contributory Parent - Migrant (Subclass 143) visa will be processed faster than the Contributory Parent - Temporary (Subclass 173) visa - i.e. does the Perth Offshore Parent Centre fast track Subclass 143 visa's since it requires the higher fee and includes the $10K Assurance Of Support??

Any feedback/thoughts appreciated as I'm trying to get my mother over while she can still take advantage of the lifestyle - she is currently 76 years old.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:52 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

A 173 visa application is generally processed to a decision more quickly than a 143 because it has no Assurance of Support requirement.

Best regards.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
A 173 visa application is generally processed to a decision more quickly than a 143 because it has no Assurance of Support requirement.

Best regards.
is it still the same wait of approx 1 year until a CO is assigned?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:59 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

At present, yes. June 2007 applications are being assessed at the POPC (as I think you know already).

Best regards.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
At present, yes. June 2007 applications are being assessed at the POPC (as I think you know already).

Best regards.
yes thanks, June seems to be taking forever!! mum can't wait to get on that plane to be with us!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:15 am
Just Joined

milent is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
yes thanks, June seems to be taking forever!! mum can't wait to get on that plane to be with us!
thanks for the feedback Allan - I'd be interested to know whether you and others on this thread think there is any advantage to lodging a CPV 143 as opposed to the 173?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 8:09 am
Just Joined

JeanC1 is an unknown quantity at this point

In hindsight, I wish that we had gone for the temp visa first off, we could probably be there by now instead of still waiting for a CO (July 07).

Surely they can't take much longer to get through June!! After all, that has been their answer since March for Heaven's sake.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 9:05 am
Just Joined

We've got a CO!!!!! After whinging on here half an hour ago about the long wait, my phone rang and it was our agent to say our CO is requesting Assurance of Support to be arranged!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooooooooo excited!!!!!

It's finally happening folks.

Jean
Old Jun 13th 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

caveman1 will become famous soon enoughcaveman1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JeanC1
We've got a CO!!!!! After whinging on here half an hour ago about the long wait, my phone rang and it was our agent to say our CO is requesting Assurance of Support to be arranged!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooooooooo excited!!!!!

It's finally happening folks.

Jean
Hi Jean
That's wonderfull news. I am so pleased for you. What date in July did you have? We had acknowledgement on 4th September and are awaiting meds to be finalized, police checks have been done. Lets hope this is the start for everyone who's been playing "The Waiting game."
Rita
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:03 am
Just Joined

We received our acknowledgement on 27 July 07.
So 10 months 13 days.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi Jean

Good to hear that things are starting to happen for you and hoping that progress is maintained for the rest of us still waiting.

Charlie
Old Jun 13th 2008, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

fantastic news that they are up to 27th July ack for CO's!! Lets hope they get through Aug/Sept, Oct as quickly!! There can't have been many July applications as someone posted on here earlier this week saying they were still processing June.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.