Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old May 29th 2008, 2:07 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by MOM
Hi there,

I am trying to get my husbands parents application in before the end of June. Do they "lock in" the current 2nd vac fee before the increase in July or would the fee at the time of the 2nd vac request apply?

Thank you!

xs
Hi

Yes - as long as the application is acknowledged by POPC by 30 June, this current year's fees will apply throughout the process.

Regards

Jim
Old May 29th 2008, 2:33 am
MOM
Forum Regular

MOM will become famous soon enough

Thank you!!
Old May 29th 2008, 4:14 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

A valid application must be delivered to the relevant DIAC processing centre (not acknowledged) by the 30th of June to lock into the existing scale of VACs.

Best regards.
Old May 29th 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

glorianic is an unknown quantity at this point

I e-mailed Aus asking when they were allocating Case Officiers and an automated reply was sent saying they would answer my question in about 2 days We had our acknowledement Aug 07 and like yourself I open tmy e-mail every morning with the hope that we have a case officier but so far no luck and like you I am getting frustrated.

Gloria
Originally Posted by JeanC1
Talking of long waits - any July 07 people got a CO yet?

They have been processing June 07 since March! I know they seem to be getting second VACs in for you lucky people whose visa will be issued on 1 July, but come on.......................!

Keep checking the email everyday full of hope...........and nothing. Soooo very frustrating as we thought we were getting close, but all stopped again.
Old May 29th 2008, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

melb2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

AoS bit is done for my oldies, waiting for 2nd VAC fee notice to part with tons of money now....
Old May 30th 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Originally Posted by donovandenese
i read earlier on his thread that there are always a large number of june applications (as people want to get them submitted before the fees go up in july) so thats probably why they are taking a while to get through them.
at least the recent budget brought good news with the increase in the number of parent visas to be issued in 08/09
my mum submitted her's Nov 07 so has a few months to wait yet before getting a case officer
At last, another mum who submitted in November 07. We were beginning to think we were the only ones. Hell isn't it, the waiting around. On the other hand, we don't want to be too quick as I plan to use my pension lump sum to help fund the move and I've got a little time to wait for that.
Old May 30th 2008, 11:27 am
Just Joined

scottishlass is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I am going to Australia on a temporary spouse visa (309) in August, and was just wondering if you have to wait until you are a Permanent Resident until you apply for the CPV? or do you have to wait another 2 years after you get permanent residency (i.e. to be "settled")?
Or, can you start the application process before you get your PR?

any advice would be much appreciated..
Old May 30th 2008, 2:22 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scottishlass
Hi everyone, I am going to Australia on a temporary spouse visa (309) in August, and was just wondering if you have to wait until you are a Permanent Resident until you apply for the CPV? or do you have to wait another 2 years after you get permanent residency (i.e. to be "settled")?
Or, can you start the application process before you get your PR?

any advice would be much appreciated..
Sponsor must be a citizen or PR at the time of application. You cannot sponsor as a temp visa holder.
All time spent in Australia counts to settled status - Temporary or Permanent.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:31 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

.................well, ladies and gentleman, today is the 01st of June.............and y'all know what that means?.............................

ONE MONTH UNTIL THE 01ST JULY 2008, AND THAT MEANS <<<<<<VISA GRANTS>>>>>>..........................getting excited now

one month to go, to all you ever so patient mums and dads out there (and ever so patient children and grandchildren as well). lets hope it's a quick month
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Just to brighten everyone's day, the Minister has announced another 4,000 parent visa places tonight in the Budget. Whichever way that is sliced up, you can expect faster processing.

Cheers,

George Lombard
July's issue of the Australia & New Zealand magazine states in its Migration Update that of the 4000 additional parent visa's - 3000 will be CPV visa's - bringing the total number of CPV visa's for 2008/9 to 6,500

sounds like good news to me/my mum! We now have fingers crossed that her Nov 07 ack application will be granted a CPV within 2008/09.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

cpv/balance of family tests! Alan Colletts thread posted early today will help quiet a few, having problems with the, test situation.
Thanks Alan
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:07 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by home alone
cpv/balance of family tests! Alan Colletts thread posted early today will help quiet a few, having problems with the, test situation.
Thanks Alan
What post is that?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:10 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540743

Best regards.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:39 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Good news that the CPV second instalment charge has been frozen at current levels for new applicants: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...20#post6431520

Still costs a lot but at least in this budget cycle there has not been a punitive increase, sounds like the treasury boffins couldn't justify the current fee or any increase whatsoever.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:42 am
Migration Agent

Or it is yet to be announced, maybe ...?

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.