Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

ALANandBARB35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by lol
My thoughts too !! We are using an agent and I was surprised when we were asked by our CO to sort out our AOS and then log the bond. Hopefully things will get moving soon and we can all be on our way.
Hi
Can I ask when you applied. We applied in Feb07, got a CO in Nov 07
had meds & police checks in Dec 07 & haven't been asked for the bond as yet. Feeling anxious, hope our agent hasn't boobed. Have e-mailed him occassionally been told no news.
So many people seem to be asked for different things.
Barb
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:34 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lol
hi there

Someone may of already answered this question... sorry !! but when do we expect to hear how many visas will be allocated and I cant believe they allow you to lodge your bond and then you hear nothing. We lodged our bond about 4 weeks ago and then all had gone quite. thanks guys for your help
lol

WE paid our AOS bond in December 07 and was told in January about the halt on the CPV but I think the new quota of 3500 will not be available till July 1st when both you and I and many others are first in line for our visas.
Hope they ask us for our 2nd Vac soon, then that will be out of the way as well.

Caz
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:30 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

hi there

Got our CO in September, did medicals/police checks and then in February got asked to sort out AOS and lodged bond early march.

We will all be fine not long now JULY !!!!!! thanks for all your help
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

once the CPV is granted can you validate like with the skilled visa and then move later?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:04 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lol
hi there

Got our CO in September, did medicals/police checks and then in February got asked to sort out AOS and lodged bond early march.

lol

How come you were asked to lodge your bond in March when others are told not to do so just yet?????
What visa are you going on? and have they told you, you will still wait till 1st July to be granted your visa?

Thanks

Caz
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:17 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
lol

How come you were asked to lodge your bond in March when others are told not to do so just yet?????
What visa are you going on? and have they told you, you will still wait till 1st July to be granted your visa?

Thanks

Caz
caz, i am presuming from lol's post that for applicants who had not yet lodged their bond, who had a case officer some time ago (last year), that they are processing that section?! if they had a case officer last september and was asked for pccs/meds, then they should have also been asked to lodge their bond at the same time, like yourself. it didnt happen for lol, so maybe POPC are clearing those applicants up before moving onto other things..........LIKE THE 2ND VACS PAYMENT!!!!!!!! .....!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:23 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridie
once the CPV is granted can you validate like with the skilled visa and then move later?
Hi Bridie

Yes, you can, but I believe there is a time limit to complete the move - 5 years from date of visa grant springs to mind, but don't quote me

Regards

Jim
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:39 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi Bridie

Yes, you can, but I believe there is a time limit to complete the move - 5 years from date of visa grant springs to mind, but don't quote me

Regards

Jim
Bridie

........... forgot to add - the validation trip must be completed within the usual 12 month period from the earlier of the dates you had for the medical and character checks as part of the visa application process. OK ?

Jim
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

When did you get your acknowledgement? My parents got their acknowledgement in August and I am just trying to work out when they might get their case officer.

Thanks
Debs

Originally Posted by lol
hi there

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 7:48 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Applications lodged at POPC in June 2007 are presently being assessed by case officers.

Best regards.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:33 am
Just Joined

mrsstokes is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Hi everyone

i'm hoping you can give me some general ideas of the cost of lodging a application for this type of visa & how much do you tend to pay for a agent to deal with everything

any help will be great

Thanks

Last edited by mrsstokes; Apr 3rd 2008 at 9:34 am. Reason: adding more text
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:57 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsstokes
Hi everyone

i'm hoping you can give me some general ideas of the cost of lodging a application for this type of visa & how much do you tend to pay for a agent to deal with everything

any help will be great

Thanks

Which costs do you mean?

The cost of the application or the visa fees.

The CPV will cost around $30000 per person plus an AOS of $10000 per person ($14000 for a couple). Plus the usual application fees.

G
Old Apr 18th 2008, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Sankev is an unknown quantity at this point

For anyone who might find it interesting, we have received the following from our agent:-

Capping of Contributory Parent category visas

Media Release - 11 April 2008

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship today announced the capping of a series of Contributory Parent visa categories in light of continued high demand for these visas.

Caps are determined by the minister and used to ensure that the planning levels for various components of the migration program are not exceeded.

The numbers for particular subclasses were determined by the relative demand for each visa subclass as a proportion of the total planning level.

Once a specified visa class cap is reached, no more visas can be granted for the remainder of the migration program year, which in this case is the end of June 2008.

It is important to note the capping power does not affect visa grants for applicants who have previously been granted a temporary Contributory Parent visa and who are now applicants for the corresponding permanent Contributory Parent visa.

The total planning level for Contributory Parent visas for 2007-08 is 3500.

The visa subclasses and the new caps are as follows:
Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Class UU(T)) (Subclass 884): 29
Contributory Aged Parent (Class DG (P)) (Subclass 864): 300
Contributory Parent (Temporary) (Class UT (T)) (Subclass 173): 650
Offshore Subclass 143 – Contributory Parent (Class CA (P)): 2521

Caps for the current year have already been allocated.

Hope that this is of interest

Sankev
Old Apr 18th 2008, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

not sure that there is anything new in that media release??
We've known since Jan 2008 that the CPV quota for 2007-2008 was full. Everyone is waiting for the quota for 2008-09 to be announced.
Or have I read it wrong?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

So am I reading this correctly, it is not 'caped' if you are already on a temp cp, then applying for a cpv. But if you are applying for a cpv you are caped? Should we all, have applied for temp. 1st??????????? Then we can move faster through the system! Regards Lin

Last edited by home alone; Apr 18th 2008 at 5:02 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.