Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

ALANandBARB35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by DerekM
Well said Jim, I would like to add that for all those waiting, well you will hopefully celebrate your next Xmas in Oz...in the sunshine, with the family around the barbie and on the beach. Join us next year!
Regards and best wishes to all who are now here and to those 'on the way'.
Derek
Thank you both for your good wishes. We are freezing here and imagining the sunshine in OZ. We have just had our meds, applied for our police checks so we shall be there next Christmas either permanently or for a validation visit depending on the sale of the house. Happy Christmas to you all
Alan & Barb
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Well said Jim, I would like to add that for all those waiting, well you will hopefully celebrate your next Xmas in Oz...in the sunshine, with the family around the barbie and on the beach. Join us next year!
Regards and best wishes to all who are now here and to those 'on the way'.
Derek
Ditto

Many good wishes to those waiting and those who have already arrived here in Oz to join their families. It really is worth all the waiting to get here and once you are here you wonder where all the time goes?

All the best

Linda & Keith
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

I have attached a couple of photos of one of our ahem ...senior contributors trying out my kayak. He made a wobbly but successfully dry start and went around Avoca Beach lagoon. The return approach unfortunately was not quite as successful, as soon as he reached the shoreline he demonstrated an amazing rollover!! I was completely gobsmacked to say the least!
Attached Thumbnails the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!-jimkayak-003.jpg   the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!-jimkayak-004.jpg  

Last edited by DerekM; Dec 28th 2007 at 6:58 am. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

I have attached a couple of photos of one of our ahem ...senior contributors trying out my kayak. He made a wobbly but successfully dry start and went around Avoca Beach lagoon. The return approach unfortunately was not quite as successful, as soon as he reached the shoreline he demonstrated an amazing rollover!! I was completely gobsmacked to say the least!
Now I wonder who THAT is????? I am sure I have seen that man somewhere recently??????

Glad you boys are having a bit of fun playing with your 'boat'!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 8:30 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Come on then Derek - spill the beans - who is it ?!

Jim
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Come on then Derek - spill the beans - who is it ?!

Jim
Oh I dont know if I should! Now if only I had had a video camera!!
Ps perhaps the mods can move this item to the Central Coast thread? I should not have posted it on here and anyway the gentleman in question is well 'known' on that thread!!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Mick-Bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by budababes
Ditto

Many good wishes to those waiting and those who have already arrived here in Oz to join their families. It really is worth all the waiting to get here and once you are here you wonder where all the time goes?

All the best

Linda & Keith
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the good wishes!

We had our police checks back on Christmas Eve,
right on the 40 days and will hopefully be sending off the final paperwork on Friday :-)

Our son had to make an appointment for his interview at Centre Link and was asked to submit his bond the next day!

So can do no more but wait and pray now, heh?

Happy 2008 to all!

Mick n Bev
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:51 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Hi Mick/Bev

Our Daughter went to Centrelink to take in all the paperwork which they promptly photocopied and then lost and she had to take it in again, this time I think she waited while they faxed it off to the appropriate office.
She paid the bond on 17th December and was told on the 3rd January that Centrelink was satisfied and that they have informed the DIAC that our visa can be processed. Only problem with that is that our medicals are still waiting for clearance.

My Agent heard that on the 24th Dec they were clearing the ones from 27th November so looking at that time frame they should clear mine this week but who knows.............

We have just taken pics of our house, inside and out and put on disk ready to hand to the Estate Agent when we get the magic email about the visa.
As we are photographers we told the Estate Agents that we would take the pics (didn't say that we would make a better job of them tho').
I looked at the pics today and the way OH put them together and said ooohhhh I think I will put an offer on that house hahahaha... looks good...

Anyway I hope it won't be too long now

All the best

Caz
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

susanRem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

At last I have plucked up courage and posted my application to Perth for the Contributory Parent Visa 143. I posted it on 27 December 2007 and so now for the long wait. How soon should I have an acknowledgement and when will they take the money out of my account for the first fee?

I fly out again for my grandson's first birthday on 18 January 2008 but only for four weeks.

Regards

Susan
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:35 pm
CazBeckham

Hi Susan

I posted my application on 9th Feb 07 and got acknowledgement a week later. Got a Case Officer on 14th November 07 sent off Police Checks on 15th November 07 - Had Meds done on 26th November which they received on
10th December. We have not yet had confirmation of the medicals being cleared yet or been asked to pay our second chunk of money.
But heard today that the Government have put a halt on all Cont. Parent Visas till further notice so not sure how long we will have to wait for last bit now, hopefully not too long as we have a house to sell and will not put that on the market till we are sure of having our visa.

Caz
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Do you know why the government has put a halt on the CPV? I assume this is the new government? Does this mean that parents can no longer apply for this type of visa? I hope not!
Linda

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Hi Susan

I posted my application on 9th Feb 07 and got acknowledgement a week later. Got a Case Officer on 14th November 07 sent off Police Checks on 15th November 07 - Had Meds done on 26th November which they received on
10th December. We have not yet had confirmation of the medicals being cleared yet or been asked to pay our second chunk of money.
But heard today that the Government have put a halt on all Cont. Parent Visas till further notice so not sure how long we will have to wait for last bit now, hopefully not too long as we have a house to sell and will not put that on the market till we are sure of having our visa.

Caz
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:56 pm
CazBeckham

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Do you know why the government has put a halt on the CPV? I assume this is the new government? Does this mean that parents can no longer apply for this type of visa? I hope not!
Linda
Hi Linda

Please read this article from Alan Collett

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=435

This explains it all but we need more information as to what is happening to those of us who are just waiting to be asked to pay 2nd vac payment or meds to be cleared

Caz
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mick-Bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Will be sending off our papers tomorrow and sending an email to our CO to advise him and ask him to email on receipt.

Think I will ask him what this could mean to those of us waiting to hear for second payment

Mick n Bev
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:31 pm
CazBeckham

Originally Posted by Mick-Bev
Hi

Will be sending off our papers tomorrow and sending an email to our CO to advise him and ask him to email on receipt.

Think I will ask him what this could mean to those of us waiting to hear for second payment

Mick n Bev
Hi

IF this halt means that they have reached their quota for 2007/8 and the year runs from July 2007 to June 08 surely all those of us who applied in Feb 07 like ourselves, should be Ok and in the previous years quota or if that is not how it goes at least in this quota.

It's bad enough waiting let alone now hearing that it is on hold.............

Hope we will hear something more positive tomorrow perhaps.
There is nothing on the DIAC web site regarding halting of CPV's, unless it is purely to do with just the POPC.

Hey Ho!!!! keep our chin (s) up

Caz
Old Jan 8th 2008, 1:48 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Hi

IF this halt means that they have reached their quota for 2007/8 and the year runs from July 2007 to June 08 surely all those of us who applied in Feb 07 like ourselves, should be Ok and in the previous years quota or if that is not how it goes at least in this quota.

It's bad enough waiting let alone now hearing that it is on hold.............

Hope we will hear something more positive tomorrow perhaps.
There is nothing on the DIAC web site regarding halting of CPV's, unless it is purely to do with just the POPC.

Hey Ho!!!! keep our chin (s) up

Caz
okay, i have spoken to POPC this morning .......the queuing process is NOT in place yet. this will 'probably' kick in next month, during which time, hopefully, Mr Chris Evans (no, not billy pipers ex!!), would have come to a decision regarding the parent visas. The lady at POPC was very good at explaining what is happening, although certain areas are still grey, as this will come down to the Department of Immigration and their decisions. basically, processing will still carry on as normal for those that have submitted their applications, as there is lots of paperwork and work which is carried out on visa applications. this will not stop. once all the criteria is met (police checks/medicals requested as back, and all cleared), the process is at the moment coming to a halt. visas are not being granted, as there are none left to grant! normally at this stage, the 2nd vacs payment is requested and visa is granted not long after. the queuing system will start at this path, probably before the 2nd vacs payment is requested. this is a grey area, as this decision will lie with DIAC/Chris Evans, as and when the 2nd vacs payment is requested, whether it be before or after the applicant is placed on the 'queue '. the additional grey area in mum/dads case, is that their bond has been requested and lodged. it seems as though the bond probably wouldnt be asked at the same time as the police check/medicals should the queuing system be implemented, but be asked for at a later stage. however, as i personally know, bonds have been paid in certain cases, and so this throws a spanner in the works. it couldnt be straightforward, could it?

what the decison will be from Chris Evans regarding the parent visa and where they need to go from here, nobody knows obviously. hopefully, it will be an increase in the number of visa grants allowing per year. then the visa grants can restart, via the queuing system, once the decision has been made.

how the queuing system works? sorry, i dont know. but i am sure somebody will be along shortly to explain it to me

hope this makes sense. i feel as though i have missed some vital piece of information out

i will post this on the other CPV thread as well.

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Jan 8th 2008 at 2:18 am. Reason: mispelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.