ACT sponsorship

Old Aug 27th 2009, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

sajidmib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACT sponsorship

Originally Posted by wossall
Hi Sajidmib

The application was receipted on 8/4/09 and we had to chase on 14/6/09 (after 70 days) as it was a normal priority application and they emailed back to say the application was not complete and they needed bank statements which we sent the same day. They then emailed on the 18th to say we had been granted state sponsorship.

I hope this information on timescales is what you are looking for.

Thanks

Lynne

Hi Lynne

Sorry for coming late on this! its now 120 days for me and so far no reply, how did u chase them thru email as they say on their website that please refrain from contacting the SMB team. I emailed them 2 weeks ago and got a reply saying that the application is gone to the delegate and they will reply in the coming week, but I didnt so shall I email them once again or wait for this week.

thanks
Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:19 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulry
Thanks Paulimouse.

The document which you referred to is different to the one which I originally read a month ago and carries more information. I suggest that anyone who has already applied read over the latest version.

"60 working days from receipt of a ‘decision ready’" seems a bit unclear. I wonder what they mean by ‘decision ready’
Hi paulry

"Decision ready" means that the application is complete and has all the supporting documentation required for the case officer to make a decision on it.

Cheers
Susan
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Susan Wareham McGrath
Hi paulry

"Decision ready" means that the application is complete and has all the supporting documentation required for the case officer to make a decision on it.

Cheers
Susan
Susan,

But i wonder if they want to make a decision how long do they take on that ... its been more than months.

thanks
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:34 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Hi paulry

Cheers
Susan
Hi Susan, Thanks for that. I got over the ACT sponsorship hurdle some months ago but now I'm pondering the decision readiness of my application with DIAC. Seven weeks after the requested PCCs and medicals showed up on their system as finalised I'm still waiting. Is this kind of wait normal?
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:37 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sajidmib
Susan,

But i wonder if they want to make a decision how long do they take on that ... its been more than months.

thanks
I think I read somewhere on BE recently that ACT have suspended their sponsorship allocations until September.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:12 pm
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulry
I think I read somewhere on BE recently that ACT have suspended their sponsorship allocations until September.
Hi Paulry

Re your question about DIAC's processing time, I know it's an agonising wait and I wish I could give you something more tangible to go on, but every case is different.

After seven weeks, it would be reasonable for your agent to contact your case officer, or for you to do so yourself, if you're acting independently.

I hope you get some good news soon!

Best regards
Susan
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:17 pm
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan,

thanks
Hi sajidmib

The ACT generally takes only about 30 days to assess sponsorship applications.

The delay in your case might because the ACT is currently developing a new Skills in Demand list, which was scheduled for release in August. The previous list became ineffective on 30 June.

So until the new list is released, all applications received after June 30 are being held over and will be assessed by the ACT sponsorship unit against the new list in due course. The ACT will then advise any applicants who are adversely affected by any changes on the list.

The new list should be out any day now (Monday, in fact), and as soon as it's out, processing will start again.

Best regards
Susan
Old Aug 29th 2009, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Hi sajidmib

The delay in your case might because the ACT is currently developing a new Skills in Demand list, which was scheduled for release in August. The previous list became ineffective on 30 June.

So until the new list is released, all applications received after June 30 are being held over and will be assessed by the ACT sponsorship unit against the new list in due course. The ACT will then advise any applicants who are adversely affected by any changes on the list.

The new list should be out any day now (Monday, in fact), and as soon as it's out, processing will start again.

Best regards
Susan
Thats alright Susan!

But my application was acknowledge on 12th may does that still mean i will be assessed with the new skills list that they are gonna announce in Sept.

Thanks
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: ACT sponsorship

Thats alright Susan!

But my application was acknowledge on 12th may does that still mean i will be assessed with the new skills list that they are gonna announce in Sept.

Thanks
Thanks for all your support Got the letter today .... and got accepted for sponsorship ....
Old Sep 20th 2009, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: ACT sponsorship

Hi sajidmib

Best regards
Susan
Hi Susan,

Just to let you know that i have received my state sponsorship letter from ACT. I applied online to ASPC as it is said to be the fastest way of application and decison is made quicker.

Just wanted your expertise advice on TRN online transaction number.

I have applied online the docs they require is to be post mailed to them or should be uploaded to the website as certified scans, so far i cant figure out where to upload them, so do i have to mention my TRN no. on the envelope and courier the documents to them or do i have to wait for them to ask me to send them the docs.

Thanks

youe help in this regard is appreciated.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 11:14 am
Banned

Visa176SS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi...

I have a few questions.

1. For the SDL Quota on the ACT List, do I need to have an IELTS result if I live in an English speaking country (UK)?

2. Is the Funds amount $ 20000 or $ 25000? If I attach a CA Certificate showing this amount will be ok or do I need to show any other proof?

Thanks...
Old Oct 12th 2009, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

1. If you have a passport from an English-speaking country, then ypu won't need IELTS. If only live in an English-speaking country but you don't have a passport from that country you still need IELTS.

2. For my ACT sponsorship I had to show a bank statement showing how much funds I had in my account in local currency, and I also showed a letter from my bank's foreign currency department stating that the value of my funds in local currency equaled x amount of Australian dollar, and they accepted it.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:59 pm
Banned

Visa176SS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pietie
1. If you have a passport from an English-speaking country, then ypu won't need IELTS. If only live in an English-speaking country but you don't have a passport from that country you still need IELTS.

2. For my ACT sponsorship I had to show a bank statement showing how much funds I had in my account in local currency, and I also showed a letter from my bank's foreign currency department stating that the value of my funds in local currency equaled x amount of Australian dollar, and they accepted it.

Thanks...
Old Oct 12th 2009, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

Helppp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pietie

Hi... I would like to know that for some of the SDL Quota occupations (Professionals and Managers), IELTS 7 is the requirement. A person from an English speaking country, their English, according to DIAC is equivalent only to IELTS 6. Do you think they will have to appear for IELTS?
Old Oct 13th 2009, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Pietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nicePietie is just really nice

That's a very good question, one that I don't know the answer to. Maybe one of the agents on here can answer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.