ACS reducing experience

Old May 14th 2014, 10:05 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS reducing experience

Originally Posted by sandeep1219
hello guys,

could any one please help me in this

I finished b.tech IT in India (2006), then i have 2 years experience as a Developer Programmer in India (May 2006 to June 2008)

then i did Masters of IT, in Australia (2011), after finishing i came back to India, then again i have 2 years experience as a Developer Programmer in India.(Jan 2012 to May 2014)

Presently i have 50 points and IELTS 6 in all, if i get 5 more points for experience i can go with 190 visa.

My education and experience is major in ICT, closely related to nominated occupation

will ACS deduct experience or will it consider 3 or 4 years of work experience ?
If you've looked at the summary criteria (https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...teria-2014.pdf) you'll see that ACS require some level of work experience to deem you skilled.

If you go for assessment with the first degree, if it is accepted as ICT Major closely related to nominated occupation, you would need 2 years experience, so would likely be skilled after 2008 (if the work experience is suitable) so only the work experience after the Masters would count for points.

If you use the Australian degree, you would need 1 year experience post qualification, so only experience from Jan 2013 would count.

Obviously the first qualification is the better option if it can be proved to be at the right level, but still leaves you short on points at the moment.
Old May 28th 2014, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

rickvinod07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have got my ACS results only last week. Registered and started to prepare for IELTS exam. My assessment was acknowledged to be skilled after January 2014. They have scrapped 4 years of my experience leaving me with no points for experience. lets say that i get 7 in each for IELTS and i have 55 points totally.
I am skilled under software Engineer(261313) category.

Will i be able to claim rest 5 points by means of state sponsership as many state ask minimum 3 years of experience. Should this experience be taken into account that is left after ACS scrap or my full one.
Old May 28th 2014, 5:45 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

I had done some reading about state sponsorship as well. My impression is that they will count the experience only which ACS as evaluated as "skilled".
Old May 28th 2014, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

you mean it is experience that would be calculated from the date they say as after certain period i am skilled. In my case after January 2014?
Old May 28th 2014, 7:52 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rickvinod07
you mean it is experience that would be calculated from the date they say as after certain period i am skilled. In my case after January 2014?
I would have thought so.
Old May 29th 2014, 4:02 am
Just Joined

Is there any other way to get 60 points? Does all State sponsorship ask for the same ACS experience and not the actual overall experience? please give me some expats knowledge and advice.
Old May 29th 2014, 6:32 am
Slow & Steady

Score 8 in each section of ielts
Old May 29th 2014, 8:17 am
Slow & Steady

For each occupation code the assessing authority is clearly identified by DIBP. When you go for SS, state governments don't do assessment for your skills.
So I think there isn't any contradiction to the result of assessment of skills by the respective assessment bodies.