ACS reducing experience

Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:53 am
Just Joined

bhushanbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS reducing experience

Hi All,

I am an Australia PR aspirant and I have applied for ACS skill assessment.
All my experiences are considered and stated properly. But initial 4 years are not considered.

I completed bachelor degree in Electronics & Communication in 2005.
I completed MS vis BITS Pilani WILP distance education program in 2013.

ACS Result:

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code.
Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Engineering from XXXX University completed July 2005
has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing
The following employment after September 2009 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 08/05 - 03/07 (1yrs 7mths)
Position: Associate Software Engineer
Employer: XYZ Company
Dates: 04/07 - 12/12 (5yrs 8mths)
Position: Technical Consultant
Employer: ABC Company
Dates: 12/12 - 04/13 (0yrs 4mths)
Position: Lead Consultant
Employer: DEF Company

Would Review/RPL help?

Can you please help me a way to get my all experience considered OR atleast another 1 more year considered; so that I could get 5 points?

Thanks?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS reducing experience

Originally Posted by bhushanbs
Hi All,

I am an Australia PR aspirant and I have applied for ACS skill assessment.
All my experiences are considered and stated properly. But initial 4 years are not considered.

I completed bachelor degree in Electronics & Communication in 2005.
I completed MS vis BITS Pilani WILP distance education program in 2013.

ACS Result:

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the
ANZSCO Code.
Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Engineering from XXXX University completed July 2005
has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing
The following employment after September 2009 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 08/05 - 03/07 (1yrs 7mths)
Position: Associate Software Engineer
Employer: XYZ Company
Dates: 04/07 - 12/12 (5yrs 8mths)
Position: Technical Consultant
Employer: ABC Company
Dates: 12/12 - 04/13 (0yrs 4mths)
Position: Lead Consultant
Employer: DEF Company

Would Review/RPL help?

Can you please help me a way to get my all experience considered OR atleast another 1 more year considered; so that I could get 5 points?

Thanks?
All your experience was considered - your first 4 years have been used to deem you skilled. The ACS criteria is here - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...a-Oct-2013.pdf

If you need one more year for points, you will need to work an additional year before applying - sorry
Old Dec 17th 2013, 6:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - just read that you are only looking for 5 points - which equates to 3 years experience outside Australia. As your experience is deemed skilled from Sept 09, you have more than 3 years experience
Old Dec 17th 2013, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot.

I was thinking to apply for review stating my recent MS completion and see if anything can happen. What do you suggest?

Also, I had worked in Australia on 457 for 1+ years but not seeing any option to prove it here..!! Do you see any ways show to ACS?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 8:31 pm

Thanks a lot.

I was thinking to apply for review stating my recent MS completion and see if anything can happen. What do you suggest?

Also, I had worked in Australia on 457 for 1+ years but not seeing any option to prove it here..!! Do you see any ways show to ACS?
I'm not sure what you hope to gain by showing the MS completion?

If you have verifiable work experience not considered by ACS, then it may be possible to apply for a new assessment if it is relevant to your occupation. But since your qualification was completed in 2005, and you have no breaks in your employment since that time - and you have provided references for India, I wonder if that employment is relevant
Old Dec 18th 2013, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Hmm.. Makes sense, Better I concentrate on IELTS
Thanks for prompt response.
Old Dec 18th 2013, 8:59 am

Hmm.. Makes sense, Better I concentrate on IELTS
Thanks for prompt response.
What are your points bhushanbs? Have you considered State Sponsorship if you are only short by 5 points?
Old Dec 18th 2013, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Age - 30
Employment - 5
Qualification - 10
English - 10 (if I get 7)

I stand @ 55 :-(

As I had worked in Australia & Professional year - 5 may be considered. but I was deputed from Indian company, so I am not sure how I can provide proof..!!

Thanks.!!
Old Dec 18th 2013, 9:58 pm

Hi,

Age - 30
Employment - 5
Qualification - 10
English - 10 (if I get 7)

I stand @ 55 :-(

As I had worked in Australia & Professional year - 5 may be considered. but I was deputed from Indian company, so I am not sure how I can provide proof..!!

Thanks.!!
I thought a degree was worth 15 points - ACS have recognised it as comparable to an Australian degree - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx

but that still only gets you to 50. If you are taking IELTS and manage the 7 that would get you to 60 for 189. Without IELTS, you would have 5 years experience in Sept 2014 if you stay with company to get you to 55 points and you could go for 189, or with 50 you could look at 489 which is worth 10 points, but is temp visa leading to PR after a few years. Check out all the options on Skill Select - and maybe get some advice from a MARA registered agent
Old Dec 18th 2013, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

Well, That looks like a good option. But how do I get nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency?

Thanks..
Old Dec 18th 2013, 11:42 pm

Well, That looks like a good option. But how do I get nominated by an Australian State or Territory government agency?

Thanks..
Each state has its own migration plan - if you have an idea where you would like to live, check that state first. If your occupation is on the state list, check and see what other criteria they want - some states do ask for higher IELTS, or minimum experience, etc. You'll need to lodge an EOI, then use the EOI number to apply for sponsorship unless you would like to move to WA, I think they select for that.

That's for 190 - not sure if there are any differences for 489 regional sponsorship other than there are restricted post code areas for some states.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 6:11 am
Just Joined

pardeep131085 is an unknown quantity at this point

In my case, output from ACS is

"Your Master of Computer Application from Thapar University completed June 2009 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a major in computing"

The following employment after July 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level

I have submitted the exp from july 2009 to july 2013. Now they said your exp is considered from 2011.
How they calculated exp from this pdf file
http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...a-Oct-2013.pdf

please help
Old Dec 24th 2013, 10:29 am
Just Joined

alihassan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I have a query regarding ACS assessment, I have over 10 years of Experience as Business Analyst in two different companies, I have started my work in 2003,however i did not get any academics qualification at that time. I pass my vendor certification of MCITP in year 2013 May, now i am wondering that if go for my ACS assessment for Business Analyst what they will do, as i know from you guys that they reduce your experience in these case.

Kindly guide me..

Regards,
Ali
Old Dec 24th 2013, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by alihassan
Hi All,

I have a query regarding ACS assessment, I have over 10 years of Experience as Business Analyst in two different companies, I have started my work in 2003,however i did not get any academics qualification at that time. I pass my vendor certification of MCITP in year 2013 May, now i am wondering that if go for my ACS assessment for Business Analyst what they will do, as i know from you guys that they reduce your experience in these case.

Kindly guide me..

Regards,
Ali
If you go for assessment by RPL ignoring your vendor certificate, you would lose either 6 or 8 years depending on if you have any other qualifications. I can't find any comment as to whether or not they would accept work experience prior to the vendor cert, not whether your vendor cert is accepted, but if both are accepted you would lose either 5 or 6 years experience.

ACS summary criteria here - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...a-Oct-2013.pdf

And ACS applicant guidelines here - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...Applicants.pdf
Old May 14th 2014, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

sandeep1219 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello guys,

could any one please help me in this

I finished b.tech IT in India (2006), then i have 2 years experience as a Developer Programmer in India (May 2006 to June 2008)

then i did Masters of IT, in Australia (2011), after finishing i came back to India, then again i have 2 years experience as a Developer Programmer in India.(Jan 2012 to May 2014)

Presently i have 50 points and IELTS 6 in all, if i get 5 more points for experience i can go with 190 visa.

My education and experience is major in ICT, closely related to nominated occupation

will ACS deduct experience or will it consider 3 or 4 years of work experience ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.