British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   ACS--November applicats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/acs-november-applicats-582675/)

aman_sharma2k1 Mar 15th 2009 8:54 am

Re: ACS--November applicats

Originally Posted by ddb (Post 7380743)
Salary slips are NOT required for ACS assessment.
I didn't send any and have got +ve assessment with MODL.

Agree...but just to be on d safe side..I sent all...I really don;t know what dcouments my agent sent further...But I sent one big bunch of documents..

you don't need to send orignals of anything...
I sent everyhting attested by notory...everything.....Just take xerox and get it attested by nortor and send it..

shatirgill Mar 15th 2009 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by ddb (Post 7380743)
Salary slips are NOT required for ACS assessment.
I didn't send any and have got +ve assessment with MODL.

Thanks Dear for your and Aman's guidance.

I am working in an organization for 4 years, but in this duration only one time my pay has been upgraded and I will have only one reference letter, is it enough.
I am Network Administrator.
have done MCS

Gill

lotsofluck Mar 16th 2009 4:40 am

Hi,

Sorry for posting the below query in this thread, but you are the experienced guys and one of you might have answer to my question;

I have done Engineering in Electronics and Telecom and have 9 years of experience in Software Development.
My question is whether I can apply for normal skill assessment in Group B or do I need to go through the RPL path ? I want to know if anyone with Engineering in Electronics and Telecom has got positive skill assessment from ACS and whether it was normal skill assessment or through RPL? What is the suggesstive course of action?

Also, I have the reference letters from my previous companies that states my position, duration, main responsibilities and tools/applications/softwares used. Will that work or need to have experience letter in specific format ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

sajeer Mar 19th 2009 11:36 am

Originally Posted by sajeer (Post 7361864)
Hi My status in "In Process" for a long time.
Application was recieved on 3-Dec-08.
Got request for more documents on 3-Feb-09
Documents Recieved on 13-Feb-09
After that it has been in the "In Process" state.

I have not yet contacted ACS. The mail that acknowledged documents said

"Please note that the time spent waiting for further documents does not count as part of the processing time. "

Does that mean that it might take the entire 8-12 weeks again after the documents were recieved?

Veterans please help!!

Thanks

HI All

Good news finally.. I got positive assessment with MODL points. I am so happy..

Those interested in the timelines

Application was recieved on 26-Nov-08
Acknowledgement Main recieved on 3-Dec-08.
With assessor on 10-Mar-09
Registered Post No appeared 13-Mar-09
Case finalised on 17-Mar-09
Letter recieved on 17-Mar-09 (Arrived at post office)

I have to mention that I live & work in Sydney at present.

Thanks for all your comments and support, and good luck all who are going for skills assessment and migration.

Cheers

mustafa_jaleel Mar 19th 2009 11:54 am

Originally Posted by sajeer (Post 7397337)
HI All

Good news finally.. I got positive assessment with MODL points. I am so happy..

Those interested in the timelines

Application was recieved on 26-Nov-08
Acknowledgement Main recieved on 3-Dec-08.
With assessor on 10-Mar-09
Registered Post No appeared 13-Mar-09
Case finalised on 17-Mar-09
Letter recieved on 17-Mar-09 (Arrived at post office)

I have to mention that I live & work in Sydney at present.

Thanks for all your comments and support, and good luck all who are going for skills assessment and migration.

Cheers

Congrats Buddy!

I am also waiting for my assessment, as now its THREE weeks since they asked me more documents and I had sent them doc about 17 days ago and till date my status is AWAITING DOCUMENTS :(
Hope things gets paced up as my assessment time is now in the 14th week.
My fingers are crossed, lets see when I hear the good news.

Regards.

aman_sharma2k1 Mar 19th 2009 11:58 am

Originally Posted by lotsofluck (Post 7383354)
Hi,

Sorry for posting the below query in this thread, but you are the experienced guys and one of you might have answer to my question;

I have done Engineering in Electronics and Telecom and have 9 years of experience in Software Development.
My question is whether I can apply for normal skill assessment in Group B or do I need to go through the RPL path ? I want to know if anyone with Engineering in Electronics and Telecom has got positive skill assessment from ACS and whether it was normal skill assessment or through RPL? What is the suggesstive course of action?

Also, I have the reference letters from my previous companies that states my position, duration, main responsibilities and tools/applications/softwares used. Will that work or need to have experience letter in specific format ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello lukyyy (Really don't know what to call u :) )

I think you can go ahead with Group B ..not sure..better you ask some agent... Lot's of people who have different degrees or even no Qualification get the ACS assesment..it's not LUCK..its how you well prepare you application...

Well Looks like your reference letter should also work...But as per ACS format, you have to prove that you are a 'full time regular employee' and your minimum working hours are 40..

But as you have already got the reference letter from your employers with you duties and responsibilites on it...then it should not be problem for you to get it again..just ring them again and ask for below things on the new reference letter:

1. your duties/reponsibilities..(min 5)
2. it should be on company letter head..
3. line saying 'you were a full time payed regular employee'
4. Minimum working hours(40)...
5. Software tools bla bla bla etc...
6. your designation..
7. Better if they could mention salary also.

Note one thing..it should be signed by the autorized person in ur company and also name and designation of the person should be clearly mentioned on the letter head..

I hope this will help you....Good luck for your ACS application :thumbup:

Regards

mustafa_jaleel Mar 30th 2009 11:01 am

Finally finally !!!!!

I got the status changed today to "In Process" again!!! and ACS followed up with an email that the delay of documents will no affect the actual processing time, so I am certain that this week I will be getting the assessment results :), my fingers are crossed and lets see what happens next.

Pray for me guys!

Regards.

ssumit Mar 31st 2009 2:53 am

Hi

My status changed to with assesor last thursday (26 march) but still there is no Reg Post number.Whats this signify? Hope every thing positive, eagrly waiting for that magical letter with sutable words

FYI, I am a SAP consultant working in Sydney at present.

ssumit Mar 31st 2009 3:05 am

Hi

My status changed to with assesor last thursday (26 march) but still there is no Reg Post number.Whats this signify? Hope every thing positive, eagrly waiting for that magical letter with sutable words

aman_sharma2k1 Mar 31st 2009 4:01 am

Originally Posted by ssumit (Post 7437128)
Hi

Good Luck man!! you will get the letter in 2-3 days time...

mustafa_jaleel Mar 31st 2009 9:41 am

Originally Posted by ssumit (Post 7437128)
Hi

Exactly!

One of my friends told me that the same thing happened to him and after a week his Reg. post number apperared and he did get the positive assessment :) hope same thing will happen to you. So cheeers!!

Regards.

ssumit Mar 31st 2009 10:57 am

thanks Mustafa and Aman ..will keep you posted about my status updates

- Sumit Sharma

mustafa_jaleel Mar 31st 2009 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by ssumit (Post 7437990)
thanks Mustafa and Aman ..will keep you posted about my status updates

- Sumit Sharma

Yes, exactly!

I am also in the same boat and expecting the ACS results soon. plus I am expecting the iELTS result this week :) hope that goes good.

Regards.

ssumit Apr 1st 2009 7:14 am

one thing is official now that do not reply on ACS status.

To day i called them regarding my status as it was with assesor since 26th , at reception they told its sent on 26th itself , then case officer told its has not been sent will send today , then reception told that there was some problem in scanner and printer so will send today only..

i m just tired by this waiting

mustafa_jaleel Apr 1st 2009 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by ssumit (Post 7440966)
one thing is official now that do not reply on ACS status.

To day i called them regarding my status as it was with assesor since 26th , at reception they told its sent on 26th itself , then case officer told its has not been sent will send today , then reception told that there was some problem in scanner and printer so will send today only..

i m just tired by this waiting

Hey Sumit,

Its really funny that they don't really have any backup printers and scanners, it seems to be the same situation as is in most of the public sector offices in sub-continent :) anyways, I feel patience is the key as there is a long journy ahead, hope you will get your assessment done in a next few days.

Regards.

ssumit Apr 6th 2009 6:48 am

Hi

Finally Good News..Got my Positive assesment today with MODL point as SAP ..Applied for Online visa as well today..thanks to all

aman_sharma2k1 Apr 6th 2009 6:53 am

Originally Posted by ssumit (Post 7454935)
Hi

Finally Good News..Got my Positive assesment today with MODL point as SAP ..Applied for Online visa as well today..thanks to all

Good luck man!! now change your signature....:)

mustafa_jaleel Apr 6th 2009 8:31 am

Hi

Hey Man!

Congratulations n good luck.
Pray for me as well :), I am expecting the things to wrap up this week.

Regards.

mustafa_jaleel Apr 10th 2009 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel (Post 7455138)
Hey Man!

Congratulations n good luck.
Pray for me as well :), I am expecting the things to wrap up this week.

Regards.

Hey All,

Its really frustrating now, as two more weeks have passed and atill there is no news from the ACS and still the status suggets "In process" .... ACS is really testing my patience as the overall processing time has now exceeded 13 Weeks ..... anybody suggest me should I contact the authorities?

Regards.

Milliesdad Apr 10th 2009 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by mustafa_jaleel (Post 7469381)
Hey All,

Its really frustrating now, as two more weeks have passed and atill there is no news from the ACS and still the status suggets "In process" .... ACS is really testing my patience as the overall processing time has now exceeded 13 Weeks ..... anybody suggest me should I contact the authorities?

Regards.

I shouldn't worry. I'm still waiting and its now 25 weeks since I submitted. Apparently there is an assessor that is causing the bottleneck and ACS are investigating. I have been promised that I will have results by the end of the week, every week for the past 4 weeks.

i am considering asking for a rebate of some of the fee as the service being provided is not what I paid for.

ssumit Apr 14th 2009 1:22 am

Hi

Mate , hope you'll get your letter this week. But I am agree with you as this process is really frustrating. As I am sydney , I called them 5 times and every time their statement was different , some time they said its sent , somrtime "it'll be sent today" finally I went to ACS and picked my letter copy personally and original letter came after 2 days..

mustafa_jaleel Apr 14th 2009 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Milliesdad (Post 7469519)
I shouldn't worry. I'm still waiting and its now 25 weeks since I submitted. Apparently there is an assessor that is causing the bottleneck and ACS are investigating. I have been promised that I will have results by the end of the week, every week for the past 4 weeks.

i am considering asking for a rebate of some of the fee as the service being provided is not what I paid for.

This is really strange that the process is taking so much long time, I am really amazed to hear this that your assessment is in the 25th week now.... and I must appreciate the level of you patientce as well bro! I rekon you must contact the ACS authorities immediately.

Regards.

mustafa_jaleel Apr 14th 2009 10:14 am

Originally Posted by ssumit (Post 7477611)
Hi

Mate , hope you'll get your letter this week. But I am agree with you as this process is really frustrating. As I am sydney , I called them 5 times and every time their statement was different , some time they said its sent , somrtime "it'll be sent today" finally I went to ACS and picked my letter copy personally and original letter came after 2 days..

Hello Ssumit,

Thanks for all your kind comments, I believe that currently there are Easter holidays in there and they will start their work on Wednesday and hope to hear from them this week, otherwise I will contact them.

And its really strange that these ACS guys are taking too long to process things and believe me there are guys who have got their VISAs processed in 100 days time and here our assessment is taking more than that time ..... really strange!!

Regards.

mustafa_jaleel Apr 27th 2009 8:44 am

Finally,

today my status changed to "With Assessor" :D
Thank God! a long wait seems to be over now ....

Thanks you guys

Himanshuaus Apr 27th 2009 10:46 am

Hi

hi sumit,

Congrats on getting the MODL points

Iam too applying for ASP.net, my documents are ready and would apply by this weekend.

Is applying for visa through online quick enough?....dont we have to eventually submit the hard copies?

mustafa_jaleel Apr 28th 2009 10:47 am

Today I get the REG POST number allocated too, hope to see in results in next 3-4 days :)

Regards.